[FE8] [Removed by Author] Fire Emblem Deity Device

As long as Helen, Arachne, and Victor are alive and weren’t defeated in Part 1, you’ll get the sidequest.

I really enjoyed including Victor’s story. I think those more human stories balance out all the stuff about important magic things and keep the story relatable. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it.

2 Likes

yep victor’s the most reliable one.and ho boy don’t even get me started on carson,dude is literally a jaegen he’s critting EVERYONE and it’s hilarious although he has a bit of trashy resistance even though he’s a magic user but again I think that it kinda is related to his character as you know he cant use insert spoiler here maybe?.

2 Likes

ayo,how you doing perma? any ways just finished the hack :partying_face: lol.first of all the story (I almost cried when Orville was leaving cossette :sweat_smile:).it’s beautiful and yep Carson is broken and victor…

so proud of him :sneezing_face: (he also defeated jake in his monster form but I couldn’t capture it) and the Leticia at the end scared the hell out of me lol.the maps are dragged out and I love it :+1: some character backstories were awesome (also I missed Cecily and 27x is the only sidequest I missed;I forgot to deploy bertram because I was so into the story,lol.)also carson missed his spell that he gets at the final chapter :frowning: also missed some conversations of the final chapter because I did many B or C supports and less A supports,my fault again horus was a little hard to beat but Augustus wasn’t even close to a final boss lol.also vincent and lucy both have a conversation with Augustus (a nice detail as the meet him in chapter 19xx,I guess) overall a very nice experience and they story was darn good.also looking forward to the saint’s blood :relaxed:.

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it. Development on Saint’s Blood has been going pretty well since the rebuild, so watch for more info.

2 Likes

will do. :+1:

2 Likes

hello, i have played part 1 and enjoyed the story as well as the characters very much. personally, helen and archane are very great characters. however im upset bcos i cant seem to play part 2😢 i use android john gba. the gba file is deity device part 2.GBA while the sav file is deity device part 2.sav, they also are in the same folder but im not sure what else i did wrong. i would really like to see the story to its end, i hope i will be able to get assistance and im sorry for the trouble

1 Like

I actually figured out a more efficient way to go about the whole file management for Deity Device tbh.
But it only works with emulators that automatically apply patches.
Name each .ups file the same thing, but have them in different folders.
Have a clean FE8U rom in the root of your rom folder.
Name it the same thing as your various .ups files.
Finally, copy the .ups file in your part 1 folder to the rom folder to start playing part one. Once you’re ready for part 2, copy the part 2 .ups to the rom folder, overwriting the part 1 .ups you had there earlier. The process is the same for part 3. If you setup this way, there’s no need to do any further renaming.

Here’s a video of the folder hierarchy, etc working on MyBoy:

It works on mGBA through Retroarch, too. And on mGBA period if you’re not on mobile lol

Wait I just realized the person above me has a VERY cursed display name… Enstarries… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Did you rename your original save from Part 1 or just boot Part 2? If you didn’t rename your save before booting Part 2, your emulator will generate a new .sav upon booting the first time. You would need to delete that save and to have your emulator load the original save.

2 Likes

I end up resetting my progress and do @/Yasako’s instruction instead! thanks both of you. but ayye, finally finished the gameee. thank u so much for dis amazing game.

Blockquote

even after playing it, i still feel like wanting to know more that are probably only unlockable by supports… i thoroughly enjoyed the story however some of the maps weren’t very satisfying, tho i understand that you prioritized making the story.

each and every character is really great but the ones that didnt bear any significance are adelle and max…?

my ‘most loved characters’ not in order: helen, archane, orville + cosette(otp so true), olga, vesta, carson, luke

nathan and calista only came after bcos there’s times that really made me wanna rant about them-- but im too invested on what will happen next so i hold back- tho i really pity them for their fates… it’s really painful to see calista in that state

but the person to really rage me most is jake-- i honestly… hated how victor still able to have respect for that man. he has always been a btch. maybe that’s why victor didnt struck to me as much as the magic units.

orville and cosette, i gave cosette the boots and together with orville, they massacre everything. their relationship and story is really good as well, i cant imagine cosette ending up with anyone other than orville :c orville is just too good of a man, sigma, alpha, chad or whatever. cosette left me speechless, she grew so much in a year… i still remember her first join, and it make me so proud of her :') liberation princess slay queen

vesta and carson… well, vesta is the character that i relate the most since having terminal illness and i feel that i trouble everyone around me just by simply existing, just being able to live a normal human life is enough for me and vesta to be happy. and when vesta say to carson that shes happy that he found another reason to fight other than for vesta’s sake, i tear up a bit i guess… carson has a really cool personality as well.

olga has always been trying to prove something even tho everyone around her seem to down her for it, but she proved them that they’re wrong, she very strong woman

i think ive written plenty-- anyway i love cosette and orville😌
Fire Emblem Deity Device_1641777419468

Blockquote

edit 2???: ahh uhm im sorry i dont think i know how to spoiler text?

3 Likes

Hide Details under the drop down arrow:

Orville x Cosette bi power couple so true bestie

3 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed the game. It’s always interesting to find out which characters people wind up liking the most. I admit that I never thought of Vesta’s story landing so personally for someone, but I appreciate you sharing that.

For Victor’s story, you need to buy into his idealized concept of knighthood in order for his conflicted feelings about Jake to make sense.

Based on the screenshot, it looks like you were playing one of the older versions of the game in the archive. I can’t say how much it might have improved the gameplay for you, but a lot of maps have different enemy placement in the most up to date version.

2 Likes

Just started playing this (Just reached chapter 5 I believe) and I’ve been enjoying it so much <3 I love the gals trio! And the drama between Helen/Lucy and Jake so far has really come out of nowhere, but I’m all for it! Love having family drama in the back while I’m progressing through the game, haha. I’ve really been enjoying the story so far too.
And the magic system is so refreshing.

2 Likes

Thank you. It always brightens my day to read that someone has been enjoying the game.

2 Likes

so i encountered a slight bug in chapter 9 of part 1, if the archer (i forget their name off the top of my head) dodges judgement the game seems to freeze up completely tho it is possible to load a savestate from before this and resume as normal, but i must admit the exact frame it freezes on looks pretty awesome

otherwise ive loved the hack so far, especially the music that it has, i.e the enemy turn music in chapter 9

2 Likes

I haven’t encountered that specific problem, but I was able to reproduce it. It looks like Judgment’s miss termination is misplaced.

In any case, I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.

1 Like

Sorry for posting again so soon, but I just need to talk about chapter 6!

Chapter 6

Wow… That part with Marius and Calista. The way I gasped when I realized what was happening. As a huge fan of tragic love stories, I’m all for what’s happening here, haha. Also, I love that Celes’s theme from Final Fantasy 6 was used too(I believe that was what was playing in the background while Marius and Calista were talking). So fitting.

2 Likes

so i just finished chapter 10 and am about to begin part 2 but there is something that has me curious i wanted to ask about… there was a random lvl 1 soldier with nothing equipped in the last leg of chapter 10, will there be any benefit in the long run to keeping them alive? sry for not marking the question with a spoiler idk how to on this forum

1 Like

No worries. Yes, that is Celes’s theme from FF6.

That soldier is supposed to be killed in the cutscene he spawns in. Usually, I put skip stops if a unit is supposed to be deleted in a cutscene so that no weirdness happens if the cutscene is skipped, but it looks like I forgot to add skip stops there.

1 Like

i had noticed what i believe might be a bug in part 2 after lucy rejoins the team… basically i had managed in part 1 to cap out her skill, speed and luck and after her rejoining in part 2 giving her her special weapon from part 1 makes her hit rate display outside of the menu as -81 and her avoid to be 3.05 where the 3 is coated in yellow for some reason or another, but when looking at her summary in the menu her hit rate is 175 and avoid is 105 which because of that renders her almost completely untouchable so long as that dagger has durability and while i do enjoy having powerful stuff at my disposal, i dont like to have the sense of feeling “too powerful” and lucy is giving me that vibe atm :confused:

1 Like

The battle forecast will overflow numbers over 100. The enemies in that chapter are balanced around the expected levels of Cosette and Orville. And you did a lot of grinding with Lucy in Part 1 if she gained at least 10 post promotion levels, so she’s going to be stronger than the enemies for awhile.

2 Likes