FE8 But With Child Units

Now this is interesting

2 Likes

I think your um…maybe misunderstanding the idea of the project, I believe there aiming more for a Awakening/Fates style child system as opposed to a time skip or a full blown sequel

1 Like

Oh i see! I still didn’t play the two so i don’t know

1 Like

So in the Syrene/Kyle ending it’s mentioned their daughter has martial art skills and I kind of just went with Myrmidon because of those sick flips and whatnot in the critical animation. Delta being a Thief was more just because I wanted to add in a Thief and I felt that him being the son of two knights could be an interesting dynamic. I also am pleased with how Bean’s portrait palette turned out!

Also yes to clarify this is not its own game that serves as a sequel to Sacred Stones. It’s really just vanilla FE8 but at a certain point if you have A supports you’ll get child units added to your roster.

With all of the child units now in the game stat-wise, the next step will be getting portraits for everyone and then palettes for all of their classes. After I get this done comes the work of actually achieving them. The way I have it planned is that starting in Chapter 9 of either route you can start to get some of the kids, each child unit having a specific chapter that the support has to be achieved by with Neimi and Cole’s children being the first since they have the first actual support and Syrene’s child being last since she is recruited last.

1 Like

A daughter named Oinone who is a Myrmidon.
Oinone1

Wow Gilliam!Oinone kinda beefy xD
How is the project going?

4 Likes

I feel like Ria’s class should change based on what the parent is, like for Saleh!Ria, wouldn’t a Myrmidon make more sense since in their paired ending it says that she resembles Nada Kuya, the legendary swordswoman? The lord class could also work for that I guess, but it was just something I thought of. Perhaps having the children be different classes depending on the varying parents would make it more replayable.

3 Likes

I’ve been busy with non-FE-related things, but an update: all of the children have their portraits, stats, and palettes put into the game. Which means the next step is writing the scenes where they join the the army and making sure the mechanism for obtaining them actually works. From there it’ll be a manner of me actually playing the game to try and get them all and make sure it would work in a normal playthrough.

I’ve appreciated the feedback and suggestions, and I know that multiple people now have suggested I change the kiddos’ classes to be dependent on their second parent. While I’m not opposed to this for any reason, that is not something I will be focusing on with this project, at least not right now. Traditionally, child units have had their classes be locked no matter their parent, save a couple exceptions. I would like to keep this consistent right now. If people like what I’ve made after I release the patch to play with the child units but want to make these changes themselves, they are free to do so.

Unclear when the next update will be. I’m hoping to start working on this again towards the end of the week!

2 Likes

Bebies.

2 Likes

Oh hey, it’s time for an update!

Joking

No Colm I am not! The Neimi/Colm children have now been implemented into the game on Eirika’s route. Players will have a chance to get them if they complete Chapter 9 of Eirika’s tale and Colm and Neimi are at A Support. On Ephraim’s route…it’s actually the same thing, I just haven’t added it yet, lmao.

But this bodes well because if I managed to pull it off once, pulling it off X number of times won’t be much harder. Keep an eye out for more updates in the future.

5 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Hehe, this was a fun conversation to write (it’s paraphrased in the screenshots). This is the announcement that Michail and Acacia have been officially to both the Eirika and Ephraim routes. The siblings are obtained with an A-Support between Joshua and Natasha. If Natasha instead reaches A-Support with Seth, a more brooding version of Michail is recruited with Acacia not being obtainable. Just wanted to give you all an update since it’s been a while. Lots of stuff going on has kept me from working on this project but it’s good to revisit it!

Also, I have been thinking about adding some more kiddos (they already take up too much space and don’t save B/W/L data anyway so what’s a few more, right?) or variants of the other kids. I’ve also looked into maybe changing up the classes depending on the parent but I’m still kinda “eh” on that.

Some concepts for kiddos I’ve thought of include:

• A granddaughter for Moulder who is recruited as long as he is alive, probably a bit rebellious and a class completely unrelated to healing
  • A daughter for Ross who is obtainable if he reaches A-Support with Garcia (the story would go that Ross marries an unnamed woman after the game and has a daughter who he names after his mother), it would kind of go against his ending with his dad but it was a cool idea I thought of
  • A kid for Cormag, maybe someone who reminds him a little too much of his older brother

That’s all I’ve got for now, hope you guys like the update!

12 Likes

Os there any patch?

1 Like

Ummm…
Aren’t Neimi and Cook siblings themselves? Or are those two cousins?

1 Like

Uh, no. They’re childhood friends, no familial relation.

6 Likes

Os there any patch?

Not yet! Probably won’t release a patch until all the kids are in.

Aren’t Neimi and Cook siblings themselves?

Nope! Just friends, and they get married in their joint-ending. So no worries there!

1 Like

Hey, I have a question. Is it possible for Vanessa to have a child of her own that wouldn’t have her be paired up with Innes or Forde?

2 Likes

I don’t currently have any plans to do that, personally, but anyone else interested in such a thing is certainly welcome to do so!

2 Likes

is this project still alive?

2 Likes

This sounds interesting, would you be adding additional content after SS, or just children to SS?

3 Likes

Here’s an idea. What if some of the characters from Sacred Stone became mentors. Like for example a new dancer character who studied under Tethys. Just an idea

4 Likes