[FE8] [Completed] The Sacred Trilogy Reskin and Rebalance

Just to let you know, the game tends to occasionally crash whenever I search around the convoy, switching from one category to another.

To bring a topic which I’ll find interesting enough to talk about…

Which route are you all going to play once the new patch gets released?

I personally think I maybe will do Eirika this time around since I will plan to use her as my main support for postgame as Rally(Wo)Man. It is a bit sad that I may or not have to gut Aether (I’ll really think hard on this one, Aether is 2 of a kind after all here). Having said that nothing is completely decided.

If I did Ephraim I would gut without even thinking twice Expertise and Silent Pride, those skills are almost non-factor on Ephraim and getting him the Resolve and Nihil scroll would be HUGE on his offensive output. Resolve affects Aether trigger rate and Nihil avoids any skill trigger threat (And hit rate skills at that) So Ephraim will become a really amazing unit with those

Having said that, what is your choice and why?

2 Likes

I think I always play Efraim’s route, even though I think Erika is stronger, in my opinion the story in Efraim’s version has more depth for Lyon and I also like Efraim’s route because theoretically it’s the most difficult precisely because it faces the main forces of Grado in addition to the unique option to fight Vigarde

I dunno. I mostly go Ephraim, so for variety’s sake i’ll maybe go Eirika’s route the next time around.

Is there a Perfectionist scroll in here? I’m thinking of using on Franz to replace Quick Burn, turn him into a frontloaded glass-cannon type unit.

Also i’m pretty sure my idea was to use the Kent/Sain promoted sprite as a Praetor re-skin, not to replace Kyle and Forde. :laughing:. Also Myrrh buffs was on the list :laughing: If you are planning on gutting Eirika’s Aether, then what are you replacing it with?

I thought about gutting all her skills for offensive rallies (since she has rally spectrum those stack)

As for Kent/Sain for praetor, I simply forgot to what class they were being assigned to.

I didn’t list Mhyrr buffs but I hope Hellfire remains unbreakable as to not let her be forgotten into obscurity once her 2 other dragonstones run out of uses.

I don’t think there is a perfectionist scroll but I don’t think Franz needs it. If you want an offensive glass canon, pray that we get stat boost Life and Death, that +5 speed with GBA avoid means free 10 avoid and you get a net +5 attack outside stat caps! (I wonder if this will make it out as a Lagdou ruins reward considering Blood has yet to announce Lagdou Ruins skill scrolls, which I guess might be the one of the most broken yet!)

Stand by
Changelog

• Fixed Amelia’s Con upon promoting to soldier
  • Fixed an issue with Valter’s and Caellach’s AI for chapter 15. Now they should correctly move with their troops once the player defeats one of them
  • Extended the turn limit for chapter 15’s magvelian ore to 16
  • Fixed script issues with the animation of the rangers and the malig knight
  • Implemented Vesly’s “Display Obtainable Item” hack
  • Implemented Tequila’s “Combine Item” hack, as seen in Vision Quest
  • It is now possible to steal items even with a full inventory
  • Lagdou Ruins is done up to the third floor

This will probably be the last beta release before version 1.0
Enjoy!

5 Likes

WARNING*

The implementation of the combine items feature seems to erase all items from the convoy if you use an existing save. (RIP all my items). It seems a new game is unavoidable starting from this patch.

Edit: Ok, so, the problem is even worse. The convoy is not saving any data and all items get erased when the game turns off. I removed the download link until I figure this out.

2 Likes

Where do the items go? Straight to convoy?

The player gets to choose which item goes to the convoy

1 Like

So stealing with a full inventory works exactly like getting an item drop with a full inventory?

Ok guys, crisis averted, thanks to a lot of help from @UltraxBlade . Be sure to check out his hack as well.
Everything should be working properly now, and it should be compatible with the 0.99.4 version. Unfortunately, that convoy feature was a bitch to implement and I killed my save file in the process, so I can’t verify. If you’re gonna try this new version, be sure to make a backup first, just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7g5sr4q6qwfx6s/Sacred%20Trilogy%200.99.5.1.ups?dl=0

Correct.

2 Likes

Side note…when playtesting, check if Resourceful is correctly doubling slayer damage. I was always iffy if it was working on Amelia, and recently playing FE5 in FE8 i realized the skill wasn’t increasing the bonus multiplier.

1 Like

I’m adding that to the laundry list:

Thanks for the roundup!

By the way, I’m not sure if I ever mentioned that I have included an option to disable dance and staff animations while keeping battle animations on. It’s on the configuration menu:

6 Likes

Yeah, i boiled it down to Nihil, Skybreaker, Vengeance and Resourceful bugs:

• Nihil freezes the game when going up against a range modifying skill (Point Blank, Tome Range +1)

• Skybreaker is just a dud skill ATM.

• Vengeance is an odd ball. It seems like the damage calc is made at the start of turn (shown by the 100+ damage in the display) but the actual damage doesn’t go off until the second Vengeance proc. It’s a mess, but it seems to with the Skill Sys.

• And i’ve already mentioned Resourcful.

Also, not to be greedy and add to your laundry list, but have you put any thought on the idea of route-exclusive untis?

Also that menu for animations looks sexy.

1 Like

Can confirm Skybreaker and Resourceful are both duds. Nihil has a table which allows me to set which skills it can nullify, so I already removed the range skills to prevent the game from freezing. I cannot easily reproduce the issues with Vengeance.
Regardless, the skill system is advanced wizardry and I lack the skills to fiddle with it. Any improvements will have to come from its authors. I will, unfortunately, have to remove those broken skills from the hack.

1 Like

When I asked in the Skill Sys page about Skybreaker they said that in order for it to work, you need the use the effectiveness rework and set the classes. They also said that this rework isn’t in the default FEbuilder. Maybe it’s a secondary patch that needs to be installed.

Side note: Do you know how to record a clip from an emulator? I have a save that shows the Vengeance bug full frontal so I can show it to the peeps at Skill Sys.

Also, Franz As a Ranger is fun. Then not hitting him is fun.

1 Like

So i posted this to the Skill Sys as a reply to @Sme. This has also happened in Sacred Trilogy on more than one occassion.

Fire Emblem - Sacred Trilogy patched_1680000798624
Fire Emblem - Sacred Trilogy patched_1680000840333

After a lot of thinking… I regret to say that the legendary weapons are completely broken. I didn’t download the latest patch but I don’t think it’s gonna be much different. Even without effectiveness that high Mt still one shots most of the enemies and trivialises the difficulty.

The best course of action would be to reduce their might. If you buff monsters then some players might regret it because Magvelian Ores can be missed…

Idk, maybe I’m giving it too much thought. But what do others think of this change ? Don’t want to put too much pressure because the game is near it’s completion.

I believe that not using the legendary weapons since you think they are too strong, I particularly think that you found the weapons broken because the campaign is very easy, I believe that in the final version with the skills you will be satisfied with the weapons

1 Like