FE7Lex Beta Release (28 chapters so far)

When you select skip Lyn’s story, do you skip to chapter 11?

Man I am soooo stoked to play this! I wish you luck with the finishing touches and chapters left. Thank you for the hard work put into this beauty

1 Like

Appreciate your hard work Beccarte! I know it’s the holidays, so no rush. I got a few more bugs I wants to bring to your attention

1. Florina is just missing imbue for me. This might be from having an old save from a previous version, so I plan on restarting from scratch to test it on thenewer version. I’m at 23x, so I still have some time to get Fiona to 15 to test with her. It also could be related to the skill being left in the “skill” menu.
  2. Really silly one here: when Matthew heals an ally with a mend staff or his foul play action, he also inflicts poison on that unit if he has poison strike. He also started the chapter he promoted on poisoned.
  3. Sleep isn’t working. I grinded Priscilla to get the sleep staff, it hit the unit (no miss animation and turned color), but then no sleep was applied on the unit screen (non-commander unit)
  4. Restore sees stat reduction as an eligible target, but doesn’t actually work when you use it on them. To be fair, I didn’t notice if the restore took away one turn’s worth of stat reduction or if it was intended to fully remove any penalties caused by, really any reason besides rescuing.
  5. Is it intended for Renault to also reverse bows on the “weapon triangle”?

I’m also having trouble getting into the discord. Whenever I access the posted link on the top of the page, it doesn’t bring me to your channel, just discord itself? Not sure if I’m doing something on my end for this one.

Thanks!

Thanks, will look into fixing these. Most are new, but the Foul Play poison issue should have been fixed with the latest patch.

Not sure what’s up with that Discord link for you. I made a new temporary one. Try this:

Hello, a suggestion for an option for the custom selection screen. I love the item rebalance that has been done, but was wondering if it was possible to make it so you could still have the updated mechanics, i.e. magic ranged mani katti, but still have weapon durability. I like the challenge of weapon conservation. Unlimited weapons feels a bit cheap to me when you can spam unlimited physics. Also, just a question, is wolf beil supposed to not have any special attributes in the updated items version? Figured it would if the mani katti and rapier both did, but I understand that it could be a way to balance out Hector :joy: .

I have a bug eliwood became a other units the green ones

What should I do? I can’t open full screen mode

This looks amazing. I really like how everything looks, the colored units and crit cut ins look really good.

1 Like

Thanks, hope you enjoy it. I’ve had IRL responsibilities halt development for about three months, but I’m about to resume making bug fixes and new content soon.

6 Likes

Take your time man, imma about to try it out. Cant wait to see the end outcome, looks very promising.

How would i play this on Android

Android support for LT projects has long been a topic of discussion on LTcord, but very little progress is actually being made. Afaik you can’t play on android atm

Ok thanks for the quick answer

There is actually one LT game that has a “working” Android version. Server 72. So it’s not as impossible as we all might fear lol

can i play this in android?

As stated like three posts ago.

So no.

Currently finishing a first run of the hack, I’ve played only in normal mode, just want to report some bugs I’ve gotten and give some of my thoughts:
Bugs:

• I got a bug where on prisoners of magic when kishuna appears with his reinforcements my unit got covered on the same tile as the enemy reinforcement unit and I wasn’t able to move it.
  • When you remove animations if you spam the skip/accelerate battle button you can sometimes get the animation to happen even though in the config battles are set to never show animations.
  • I don’t know how you’re calculating the random numbers, but if I restart a chapter I can get the exact same random numbers on the battles so I can redo a chapter and get the same crits/hit/misses perfectly every time. Not sure if that’s intended. Also might make level ups weird, I thought I selected random, but I’m getting the same level ups every time for every unit? I might be wrong and selected fixed level ups, but I don’t have anything to compare stats to so it’s hard to tell.

This section is just some of my thoughts on the game as I’ve played it. I didn’t change any of your defaults settings when starting the game so all the game changes are there except pair up mechanic.

• It feels weird that effective weapons don’t have any draw back aside from weapon weight when being used. In normal mode I didn’t feel any particular reason not to keep using these weapons on some units especially so when I’m equipping multiple stat boosters on a particular unit.
  • It feels really hard to train healers and level up staff lvl. Not particularly an issue if that’s the intended design, but I’m almost at the end of this beta and serra is not able to either evolve or use any other staff aside from heal. At this point in the game she might be able to at least get some xp with torch (c rank). Also serra feels really weak compared to Pricilla. The troubadour starts with mend and restore AND is mounted while serra only gets heal?
  • I might have missed it but is there any documentation on the skills and magic learns per character? It’s hard to know what some skills might do before having a character learn it, for example the book underdog gives swap? What values increase on personal skills upgrade? I understand building that takes time.
  • I understand the need to nerf ranged weapons, but the wind blade and mani katti seem way too strong with the other nerfed, at least in normal mode so it might not be an issue for you.
  • I like the idea of swift sparrow in having to balance item inventory for stat boosters and weapon variety vs the skill, but it might be too weak at this point. I haven’t thought about this enough so I can also see how this can get out of hand easily if values are buffed.
  • I don’t know if support values have been nerfed, but it might be too strong at the moment for some characters with multiple support units.
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I am currently testing a new game version that has some of these bug fixes addressed already. I hope to release it next week. The Kishuna stacking one was new, so thanks for pointing that out.

If you select Random for unit level ups, they are indeed determined randomly. However, they are all determined upon new game start to prevent people from resetting until they get awesome level ups. It’s random predetermination, if that makes sense.

I haven’t fully balanced weapons yet, but I did make weapons with effective damage slightly worse than other options. I’m fine with them being better than iron weapons, but compared to higher-tier ones like steel or silver, their base stats should be meaningfully less. Is your impression that they’re currently overpowered? I could make a balance pass on them if needed.

The healer leveling feedback is useful. If that’s still the case after this next big update, I will definitely address it. Serra does learn Physic and Priscilla doesn’t: one tester was just telling me that he thought Priscilla was the one that needed something extra. :confused:

With regard to skill scrolls, I do plan to have some way of previewing the skill’s effect in advance. I will add that to my to-do list. I have added skill display for the promotion screen in the next version, so you can see what skills the classes learn before you select one.

I am fine with the Mani Katti being really good compared to other ranged options. Lyn was very bad in the base game. I am considering adding a drawback to the Wind Sword, especially if more people think it’s too good. It’s might is very low currently, however.

2 Likes

The healer leveling feedback is useful. If that’s still the case after this next big update, I will definitely address it. Serra does learn Physic and Priscilla doesn’t: one tester was just telling me that he thought Priscilla was the one that needed something extra. :confused:

Yeah it’s gotta be difficult to manage all the feedback you’re getting lol. All the feedback I gave is of course skewed with my own playthrough which has only been in normal mode.

I haven’t fully balanced weapons yet, but I did make weapons with effective damage slightly worse than other options. I’m fine with them being better than iron weapons, but compared to higher-tier ones like steel or silver, their base stats should be meaningfully less. Is your impression that they’re currently overpowered? I could make a balance pass on them if needed.

Well in fire emblem games these weapons come with big drawbacks usually, which I didn’t feel they had here. If you think that the weapon progression is iron > effective > steel > silver they are probably fine right now, but it feels like it diminishes a bit the low inventory and item management aspect since you can just get strong effective weapons with no drawback. Just to expand on weapon balance stuff, I feel that if weapons are designed to have no durability they should come with some kind of drawback. Think of fates silver weapons reducing stats and stuff, it might be neat particularly with one of the healers having restore being able to remove those negative effects. Again, this is just my particular game design perspective on this, so I understand if you don’t like the idea of negative effects on weapons.

I am considering adding a drawback to the Wind Sword, especially if more people think it’s too good. It’s might is very low currently, however.

I’ll do another run on a higher difficulty but on normal mode it def feels really strong, might be a bit biased since I gave eliwood blossom and he got some magic levels, plus some of the bonus from marcus and all the supports he’s getting incredibly high attack values still. What difficulty would you prefer I play?

Also here is more bugs:

• While Matthew was poisoned I could use the restore staff on any ally even though they had no status effects, then when I was in range to cure his poison it automatically targeted another ally.
  • On chapter 23X Matthew had to open the chest with boots while standing on the already opened chest on the left that contained paragon. Just to add more context an enemy opened the first chest.
  • Not sure if intended, but wind sword uses attack for melee and magic for ranged, it makes it hard to calculate damage before combat.
  • When I tried to sleep Oleg he automatically equipped his killer axe instead of keeping his steel bow which he used to attack my units. This happened to me consistently

I do think weapon weight and might become more critical in the higher difficulties. The current testing version pinned on the Discord has dramatically reduced the variability of enemy unit stats on those difficulties, so game and item balance will need to be evaluated again after that’s released. You’re welcome to download the testing version from the Discord and try it out if you like, but it’s still in the bug-squashing phase. It’s also not compatible with old save files from the version posted here.

I generally don’t enjoy sharp drawbacks on weapons. It can add interesting decisions to some items like heavy weapons and the Devil Axe, etc. I’d rather it be a rare mechanic, however. I do to minimize the occurrences of a weapon eclipsing another of the same class in every way. If something is rare like silver, etc. then I don’t mind it being largely better as long as the supply of them are limited. “Who am I going to give this to” is also an interesting decision in addition to “what does this unit carry.” Again, balance will be a gradual effort as enemy stats are changing.

Thanks for the bug reports. Will fix the Restore staff. The chest bug was fixed already I think, will re-check that to be sure.

The Wind Sword’s behavior is how ranged magical swords work in vanilla FE7. If you’re in range of the enemy, use the combat preview window to check the damage. Otherwise, I agree that calculating damage in your head for those is annoying.

2 Likes