[FE7] Support Disabling/Enabling

I was wondering if there is a way to start with supports disabled, then once a certain chapter is reached, supports are enabled. Almost like the transition from Lyn’s mode to Eliwood’s mode, except the “mode” remains the same and there is no “Lyn Mode Ending”. I want it so that no support points are gained until that certain chapter is reached, then allies can gain support points/support. Is this possible?

I saw this post from 6 years ago, and this question is applicable to The Lonely Mirror as I look to do some clean up/maintenance.

I am also wondering if there is a method available for disabling the Support menu from the Preparations screen for specific chapters. The Lonely Mirror is built with an FE8 base but has a FE7 structure with a kind of “Lyn mode” in Part 1 where supports are not an available.

I know that seeing the support menu has led to some questions/confusion for the early game. It would be nice to just turn it off or hide the menu entirely until it is relevant (kind of like disabling the supply/armory) in a later chapter.

Any thoughts on this?

You might want to join FEUcord for prompt help 'cause most of the wizards aren’t particularly active on the forums.
I know Snakey did work on custom prep screen, as they made base convos for Legends of Avenir. Their ASM thread:

I’m like 100% certain there’s newer, easier to use stuff to remove entries from preps, but I’m also pretty sure it’s not available on FEB patches yet.

Thanks for the pointer, but I wouldn’t want to bother a bunch of people on their Discord for something very minor in the grand scheme of things.

Your loss.

Maybe, maybe not. I have other priorities right now.

It’s really not a big deal to reach out. If you’d like to get started with modifying your prep screen, you’d be welcome to contact me on discord.

1 Like

Thank you. I think what I am looking for is a simple modification. I will reach out to you on Discord (if I can find you), but really no pressure here as I want to be respectful of your time.