[FE7] [RELEASED] Fire Emblem: The Blazing Silver PME (Update v1.0b Out!)

here is the @AthenaBaer rewrite of the chapter 1 intro. Hooray.

6 Likes

I’m probably going to regret this but I’m planing to rewrite all the battle history text [that’s 3 lines per character] If you want to write your own character’s battle history feel free!
Just DM it to me.

Here’s the serenes forest page if you want to see what kind of lines to write.

Remember not to make your lines too long as you only get one text box with two lines to write in.

Edit: too add conveniently all the text is just located from text ID 11A1 to text ID 1224 in the same order as the serenes forest page
it’s blocked into characters going good, mid, bad rank
So Eliwood’s text is blocked in good mid bad then hector’s then Lyn’s so on and so forth so if you want to crack open the game with builder to edit it directly feel free.

2 Likes

Epic.

grafik
By the way here is chapter 2 map. My idea is that a fighter will join you, carrying a lockpick for Aireth to use.

7 Likes

Hi again y’all.

I wanted to know, now as at least one month after the initial release as passed, if everyone who played the hack had fun with it! How was the gameplay, if there were some ideas that were great, if the endings that I wrote for all characters were good, if even the music choices were great to listen to.

And besides that if there were some other inputs that any of you wanted to share about the hack. This would help not only Tritra with their eventual v2.0 release, but also with the Vanilla version of the patch in case anyone will be interested in creating their own PME/CMU of the hack someday.

Again hope it was fun as my very first romhack, and don’t be afraid with the inputs, since it’s never late to make fixes or even amends. There is always time to work things out. :star:

10 Likes

Heya, small update from me.

First of all, regarding some new units I recently announced, here they are: Replacement Unit PME! Or something like that. Pretty restrictive [CLOSED] - #20 by amema003
Replacement Unit PME! Or something like that. Pretty restrictive [CLOSED] - #19 by darkwingduck

From @amema003 and @darkwingduck , an archer and fighter, two unrepresented classes now represented and they are both from my old project’s replacement unit PME.

By the way, I am thinking about including generic replacement units that you get in Anthea mode if you have less units than deployment limit. Each class line only having one unit will have a replacement unit of the same class, and they will be generics with average stats and growths that while boring, do give your group some added spice if needed, ironman friendly and all that. And okay since they only are added when you have dead units. Yay.

By the way, I still have two empty class slots I want to fill with new classes, either two special ones, or one 2 stage Evo. Maybe a new flier, mage, horse, armor. To fill the blanks. Anyhow, I still have a few classes to fill, I may add in my own take on the Christmas cavs with two playable Anna’s, one of the being based on the green haired anna from ebf4. Because tradition is valuable.

By the way, what classes would you like to see? Maybe a magic flier? A magic armor?

12 Likes

Malig knights would be so cool
Maybe staff and/or Archer Armor?

here is the first lot of battle history quotes
I have posted them in full formating as they are so short
it won’t majorly impact readability [also they don’t call portraits]

Thorne

S/A
Hmph[ToggleMouthMove]…[…][ToggleMouthMove] you[…] [ToggleSmile]
impressed me.[.]
B/C
You did fine[ToggleMouthMove]…[…][ToggleMouthMove]
I guess[ToggleMouthMove]…[…][ToggleMouthMove][.]
D/E
Hmph, Complete Failure.[.]

Anthea

S/A
[ToggleSmile]Fantastic!
You did great!
B/C
[ToggleSmile]Good Job.[.]
You’re not bad.
D/E
I’m sure you
can do better…[.]

Aireth

S/A
[ToggleSmile]Amazing!
We did our best.
B/C
[ToggleSmile]Good job.[.]
We did well.
D/E
Hmm…
We can do better.

Amelia
I don’t know what to do for her lol

Narcian

S/A
What! No! how could[.]
You be wiser than I![.]
B/C
My goodness! You’re[.]
just as wise as I![.]
D/E
[ToggleSmile]Pah, I should be the[.]
tactician next time![.]

Tulli

S/A
[ToggleSmile]W-what?
I can’t do this good![.]
B/C
[ToggleSmile]I guess it’s good.
Don’t think it’s great
D/E
You’re a fool
I can do better…

Serket

S/A
Are you trying upstage
me? I’ll get vengence!
B/C
My you’re good.
Are you busy later?[.]
D/E
Huh? What is this?
I’ll have my vengence![.]

Shelle

S/A
[ToggleSmile]I-Is all my
training paying off?
B/C
[ToggleSmile]I think this is
pretty decent!
D/E
Oh… my bad luck must
be affecting you too…[.]

Marcus

S/A
[ToggleSmile]Perfect! I’ve no
complaints at all!
B/C
[ToggleSmile]Well done.
You’re a fine strategist!
D/E
I believe you can[.]
do greater than that.

these are slightly reworded versions of
Marcus’s battle history quotes I think that fits

7 Likes

Hmm… The general equivalent already has bow access and the hector replacement becomes a malig knight like class with flight, axe, lance and dark.

I suppose this leaves a magical armor as one without any replacement. I am not sure whether to simply make that magic armor like the other armor, making them start with anima/staff and after promotion staff/anima/light/dark or something else. (But I think going the them having all weapon types like the general equivalent makes sense, they are slower, but in return not just masters of defense, but also great with utility.)

4 Likes

Okay! I have now decided to add in a mage armor class:

1st stage: Focus Kn.
Mages that use heavy armor for
greater protection and focus.
Weapons: Staff/Anima
Staff_000
(This is by knabepicer)

2nd Stage: Beacon
Masters of all types of magical weapons.
Said to have reached pure focus.
Weapons: Staff/Anima/Light/Dark
Magic_000
(This is by {TBA, St jack})

The actual stats will be identical to the Baron classline. They will promote with a knight’s crest.

And I think I will turn Abiba into the playable Focus Knight. (Although she will have dark instead of Anima, lol.) So, yay the minor boss of chapter 7 becomes playable because what is a good roster without a yandere for the bard.

By the way, I am thinking about maybe adding some of the remaining classes as part of a character choice branch in the beginning of the game. Like at the start of Anthea/Thorne mode you can choose between two batches of units, both of these having exclusive classes and therefor you have a choice that changes your army at the start.

(And do units that were recruited in lyn mode towards the max unit count? I ask so I know whether I can make them lyn mode exclusive or have them be optional without wasting a slot towards the max.)

(Another small idea is that maybe I can make it so that armor unpromoted has 5 move, but they don’t gain move when promoting. Sorta like FE Engage.)

7 Likes

Having both Anima and Staff sounds a bit too strong
Should’ve clarified just a staff armor would be enough.

1 Like

Well, I would argue that a staff is worse in the hands of an armor due to the lower move making the early low range staffs harder to use. So that while you get staff like that, you get it 4 move locked.

3 Likes

By the way, I have decided for the treasure in chapter 2 to be a Longbow, a skill stat booster and a “volition” (Anima tome that gives a buff to defense)

And I think I will move Reagan to join in this chapter instead, making it more of a steady stream of units. (Btw, I plan to maybe soon release a “Plan for joining units” based on the assumption that all lyn mode units are going to count towards the 50. I plan to mostly make my new units be part of the branches, although I may move Mikhail to be a guaranteed recruit due to his appearance in lyn mode, the unit in his place will probably a lv.12 unpromoted like farina, that being of a class that is not represented yet.)

More updates tomorrow, lol. (I did have an idea to maybe a Orion’s bolt avaiable, Riv being it’s only user, to motivate the player to actually use Riv, the early archer. Like that the player finds out that bows are good by being motivated to train Riv, but in the end training Riv for Riv’s sake. Or maybe not, lol.)

And I plan to give Aireth’s prf 80 durability instead of infinite.

2 Likes

Felt like checking, and yep, seems that Lyn’s party is still technically in your party if you play through Lyn mode first.

3 Likes

80 durability doesn’t work actually, the game can’t handle uses over 63 and it will overflow to a lesser number instead

5 Likes

The tradeoff for me with having less movement is “Hey I actually don’t need to look after this unit” more often compared to a cleric. Also clerics always stays behind the group anyway so the movement won’t matter.

Also I’m not saying “You should change it to this!” cause I respect the devs so much
And besides, the class would be better why should I complain about that XD

2 Likes

Okay. Seems like my hunch was correct. By the way, how does the Ninian Nils switch Work? Do they use the same slot?

Btw @TritraSerpifeu whenever you start working a little on more supports convos, there are perhaps some vanilla dialogues that could actually conveniently work as a base, for ideas with the replaced units.

I’m saying this as for example; with the vanilla dialogue but the proper names, the Amelia/Narcian supports ends up with Amelia giving Narcian one hell of a scolding, which is an absolutely hilarious sight to read.

2 Likes

Okay! I will review vanilla supports and see if the vibes are correct. And yeah, Amelia and narcian sounds good like that.

(I suppose others can send in good supports I should keep as a base.)

I finished drawing Anthea, yay.
I decided to take inspiration from pegasus knights for the lower parts of the armor.
I know this could use more polish, but for now I am pretty happy with it.

7 Likes