[FE7] [RELEASED] Fire Emblem: The Blazing Silver PME (Update v1.0b Out!)

and with this I think I have already made 5 characters, although there should have been 4 (sorry xD), representing Jugdral again…
Slot: Damian
Name: Luchar
Class: Siegemaster
Affinity: Ice
Portrait: by Melia
Iuchar (New version) {Melia}

Pallette

Luchar

Description: the middle son of Duke Danann of Dozel.
Battle Quote: Heheheh… Nobody can defeat me. To die by my hand, you should feel flattered.
Death Quote: Ahh… You may rob Iuchar of life… But never shall love… Nngh…
Personality:Iuchar presented himself as something of a romantic, constantly speaking in floral prose. He believed
that constantly hovering her them was a way to express his love and to protect them. A decent person unlike his father,
he refused to follow through on performing the more heinous activities of the Grannvale occupation such as the child hunts
For much of his life, Iuchar held a rivalry with Iucharba and the two constantly quarreled, their rivalry ultimately resulted in the two going head to head as enemies.
Inventory:
Steel Axe
Hand Axe

Boon:POW
Bane:LCK

Slot: Fargus
Name: Brigid
Class: Scouter
Affinity: Wind
Portrait: by Redbean
Brigid {Redbean}

Pallete

Brigid

Description: separated from her family and adopted by the pirates of Orgahil
Battle Quote: Yield, warrior, for we cannot!
Death Quote: This… So this is where it all ends, huh…!
Personality: Brigid was energetic, headstrong and fierce. She never wasted words, preferring to cut straight to the point in no uncertain
terms, and did not take kindly to attempts by her pirate subordinates to contravene her mission of honesty and charity.
Inventory:
Brave Axe
Steel Bow

Boon:LUK
Bane:RES

4 Likes

Wouldn’t a build that wants to dump everything but two stats (and promote to being a staffer) want to pump POW and SKL (or POW/SKL/HP), not POW and HP? HP only does something for you if you get into combat against a foe that can counter attack, which it looks like Edna does not want to do, as everyone and their mother pulls crit on her due to her 2 lck (tactician stars can only do much). A unit with high POW/SKL can contribute strong, accurate, single-hit chip when attacking at a range they can’t be countered from- the current version of Edna cannot do that consistently with tomes less accurate than Lightning, nor can she do that against enemies with >5 AS/>0 Lck (unless she has WTA). Maybe supports can help with both her skill and cAvo issues? A wind affinity would give her a +atk/hit/cAvo boost when in support range.

2 Likes

Technically POW/SPD would be best, light is already super accurate, and speed makes any unit good. But that’s boring. Fire Affinity gives her ATK, hit, avoid, and crit, and hopefully her supporting partner’s affinities give her a bit of crit avoid. Her huge HP pool hopefully will let her survive atleast round of combat at all times.

2 Likes

In the opening post, we should add class names (and affinities?) next to the names of the replacement units so that new submitters will know what the party (and boss) composition currently looks like.

2 Likes

Fair, and I am starting to really dig the unit concept here the more I look at it. If the hack does actually reach completion, I think Edna will be one of my main staffers.

Yeah, but Wind gives the exact same bonuses, except it swaps out the dodge bonus (near-useless for Edna) for a crit avoid bonus (critical for Edna AND for the Raven replacement, her fastest support partner). You’re also banking on the Raven and Priscilla replacements picking +cAvo affinities here- if they don’t, Edna is kind of screwed.

The Serra replacement has a +cAvo affinity (Thunder), but she’s a dedicated thief who will suffer from HHM deployment slot restrictions on maps without thief objectives. Even if she is deployed, it will take 20 turns of Edna and the Serra replacement standing next to each other for them to reach a C support, and 20 more for them to reach a B support (to get +5 cAvo instead of +2). The Karel and Renault replacements are her only other support partners beyond the ones mentioned above, and they join very late.

Bluntly, no, it won’t. Her physical bulk when 10/1’d should be ~30 HP/3 def on average. Any physical attack from a unit with >=13 physical attack will OHKO her from full hp if it crits. For reference, a lv. 1 steel bow archer has 13 atk and a 6% base crit rate before HMBs are applied. Edna really, really does not want to face crit chances, and her build breaks down if she does.

This gives her a unique playstyle where she has decent enemy phase combat, but only while standing in range of her +cAvo support partners… which doesn’t work if she doesn’t actually get enough cAvo from her supports (and tac stars) to negate enemy crit rates.

2 Likes

@ATHATH I don’t think that’s super necessary. Some FE players aren’t exactly hardcore, they mostly play for fun, and in this case of a PME can easily checkout submissions to see what might be the best unit to help, AND even then simply put their favorite unit without worrying about the composition, the one unit they personally love the idea & want to submit no matter what, which is completely fine.

Lemme give you an example of a specific PME that’s a piece of work lol:

In this PME, basically all starting units are axe fighters, and the very first boss is a female myrmidon with a Wo Dao. CAPPED Speed in Hard. And remember that this is a FE6 hack.
In my first playtrough of it, I spend several turns plinking at her at range with hand axes/tomahawk, before finally landing a hit, out of fear of her deleting one of my units with very high crit chance.
It’s scuffed, but also hella fun imo. The scuff for you to overcome in a manner of speaking.

So really no need to go out of your way to overthink every detail most of the times. It’s still great to analyze what is perfect, but again some players just play for fun. There’s several PMEs out there, each with their own identity that’s still fun to play with, and mine is one that does have several unique ideas, that i hope people loved checking out the new different classes & what their unit might look the best.
I’m indeed making good progress on the hack, and like i said before, will post some ‘dev log’ screenshots soon enough, perhaps even a beta gameplay video! So again thanks for the submissions y’all! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Amelia & Zuiho Support:
(C-Rank can be triggered immediately, future ranks grow very fast.)

C

C-Rank:

Amelia: You are now on the battlefield, are you doing well?
Zuiho: Don’t worry, this isn’t my first time on here.
But I do admit it does seem more dangerous than ever.
But with you on our side we will make it!
Amelia: You think so?
Zuiho: Of course! You are the ideal women!
Amelia: Me?
Zuiho: Look at you! You were a mere recruit, yet became a titan!
You are the example I promote in my speeches!
Amelia: You mention me by name?
Zuiho: Yes I do! You are the reason I have hope!
Being the daughter of a whore made me a bastard.
While this means my father could be noble, it was seen as worse.
But then my mom got a book retelling your adventure.
It is probably filled with changes, but you stood out to me.
The weak recruit who danced with death until she became death.
Amelia: I am… happy to hear that.
Zuiho: I am sorry… I just… want to say this.
Amelia: Don’t worry, I don’t mind being praised.
Zuiho: I will be useful to you. Just you wait!
(Zuiho leaves)
Amelia: But I never doubted her abilities?

B

B-rank:

Zuiho: Is this yours?
Amelia: Yes! This is mine… I must have dropped it…
Zuiho: What is this? I can’t make out the writing…
Amelia: It is a cookbook. Calling it a book would be wrong… but these are instructions how to cook. In my previous adventure I already went across the land, and that leads to me collecting tips as I went along. You have already tasted what I made on our journey together, didn’t you?
Zuiho: Yes, you can cook many dishes well.
Amelia: Do you like to cook?
Zuiho: I learned a lot from my mother, her dishes may not be tastiest but she can make something decent out of a lot.
Amelia: Maybe you can show me one of these, for if the need may come up.
Zuiho: Of course! I gladly will!

A

A-rank:

Zuiho: Amelia, what if I will die here?
Our enemies are so strong now…
Amelia: Where does this come from now?
Zuiho: I don’t know… I guess it is just the fear of it being a real war… with real danger… real casulties…
Amelia: Don’t worry, I will protect you. Just how my allies used to protect me so I could blossom I will protect you as well.
Zuiho: You will?
Amelia: Of course I will, that’s my job.
Zuiho: Please don’t tell the others I had this little panic attack. That would be bad for my image as a speaker.
Amelia: If you would like it that way, I will.
Zuiho: Thank you! We will make it to the end of this war!
I will sing my songs of hope as we march onward!
And then someday some young girl will hear of me, will be inspired and the cycle continues.
Amelia: And even if our paths may be seperated, I will never stop telling of you. I might as well return the favor from when you praised me.
Zuiho: Thank you.

I hope this support is good.

4 Likes

If anyone wants to right supports I’m down my characters are the rebbeca and Mathew replacements

4 Likes

@TritraSerpifeu It’s great! Love the bits of personal story you put for both Amelia & Zuiho. :sparkling_heart:
I’ll save it on the script on my end, also make sure that it grows fast like you said, thanks again.

@Dex Yeah! Whatever supports any of you guys have a great idea you can post right here. Much thanks in advance for any future ones.

2 Likes

thank you!
I think I am going to share this support chain on my YouTube channel and say in the description it is for this project.
Like I think that could be neat both to like advertise my supports (my romhack has many supports even in this early dev phase) and to showcase this project.

4 Likes

While neither of my characters support with the Matthew replacement, on the contrary, both of my characters support the Rebecca replacement! So yeah, I’d be down to write some stuff mayhaps :eyes:

4 Likes

But yeah, I do recommend you keep supports low. Each support takes me about 45 minutes to write. That can add up over time. Cut down a lot if needed, even if it may result in a low support number.

I would say the least required is: “Ending changing supports” and “1 Support per character”. You can easily expand that but I would these are the absolute minimum. I would say 3 Supports per character are a more reasonable minimal amount, but still. Don’t burn yourself out. Supports add up over time, so I recommend you keep it low. Even 1 support per character is 16.5 hours of work (Assuming each support takes 45 minutes to write like I do for my supports. There are 44 player units, so 22 supports, 45 minutes each, divided by 60.)

3 Likes

Also another idea for thought. Maybe you can cut Eliwood Mode from your workload. Considering that Hector Mode is the more popular one it can cut down your workload greatly!

I am not sure if that is a good idea, but I have seen PME’s that for instance only do Erika route.

3 Likes

Don’t worry! I’ll do the full game, all three modes. :+1:

2 Likes

good. Just want you to know what options there are to reduce the workload.

I want to make sure the project is doable!

3 Likes

Here i write Daimler big bad guy speech. This could help the story.

Daimler: My fellow nobles. Lycia has been through some rough times. From The Scouring, to The Sacaen Massacre, we been through rough. But we pulled through out of the chaos, and Lycia has grown more and more with each passing century. But now, on this day, Lycia will face its biggest challenge yet! The young woman by the name of Aireth has taken control of House Caelin. She has Sacean blood. Which means she’s from Sacae. We cannot allow a savage like her on our lands! Those Sacean dogs were the ones responsible for my sister death! We cannot let them spell more Lycian blood! And what worst, is that Houses Pherae, Ostia, Araphen, Santaruz and Tania allow that savage mutt take over Caelin! Our houses may has been in they shadows but now it’s is time for us to take charge! They will submit to House Cornwell rule, and if they don’t, they will die! And as for House Caelin. They must be destroyed and dissolved from Lycia at once! But leave Aireth alive for now. I wish to see the look on her face as we burn all of Sacae to ashes and wiping out all of her people for good this time. Those Subhumans of Sacae shall not set foot on our earth any longer. Now my fellow lords! Houses Laus, Thria, Badon, Zem and Ryerde! We all must stand now! I as, Marquess Daimler of Cornwell, will bring forth a new era of Lycia!

Hope you like this.

4 Likes

A mayhaps is good just dm when you have time on your hands.

1 Like

Slot: Batta
Name: Bigby
Class: Marauder
Affinity: Thunder
Portrait:
Bandit (Rat Face, minimug) {BatimaTheBat}
Credit: BatimaTheBat

Description: A random lowlife who robbed an armory and has decided he wants to be the antagonist. Not very bright.
Battle Quote: Heh! Ha ha ha! Look at all my new gear! There’s no way you could possibly stop me! Uh… how do you use any of this junk?
Death Quote: Guh… who could’ve… seen this coming…
Personality: Literally just a random idiot unrelated to the plot. Very, very stupid.
Inventory:
Brave Lance
Runesword
Silver Bow
Flametongue
(can’t use any of his items)

Boon: Strength
Bane: HP

5 Likes

Aye, but searching through 140+ replies to check other builds for redundant concepts (and/or classes) can be somewhat exhausting. While there will be quite a few people who will blindly post anyway (and that’s fine!), there may be some who’d want to check the context they’re adding their units to. Some people might want their character to have a class that no one else has, ensure a player has a thief or a flier before X point, make sure every class has at least one playable representative, etc.

Because I was bored, I went ahead and made the list myself. Feel free to copy it into the opening post in the place of the current list if you want to. I also threw in mentions of important or early items, such as iron runes and stat boosters.

Current Class, Affinity, and Notable Item List

—PLAYABLE UNITS—

• Eliwood: Thorne (by MaxTheUltimateSwordmaster) (PilgrimM, Dark, joins w/ Thani)
  • Lyn: Aireth (by Taylor) (ReaverF, Ice, joins w/ Earth Seal)
  • Hector: Anthea (by AthenaBaer) (RuneaxPegasusF, Anima, joins w/ Wolf Beil)
  • Ninian: (Free)
  • Nils: Zuiho (by TritraSerpifeu) (BardF, Fire)
  • Marcus: Amelia (by TritraSerpifeu) (BaronF, Thunder, joins w/ Silver Blade and Longbow)
  • Merlinus: (Free)
  • Oswin: Marcus? (by ATHATH) (CavalierM, Ice, joins w/ Wind Sword, Knight Crest, and Iron Rune)
  • Matthew: Xilian (by Dex) (WizardM, Anima, joins w/ Chest Key)
  • Kent: Riv (by darkwingduck) (HunterF, Fire, joins w/ Shortbow)
  • Sain: Barrett (by Mintywater) (TroubadourM, Light, joins w/ Goddess Icon)
  • Florina: (Free)
  • Dorcas: Serket (by VelvetKitsune) (CutthroatF, Dark, joins w/ Poison Sword and Wo Dao)
  • Serra: Silvya (by RaimonRex) (ThiefF, Thunder)
  • Erk: Finn (by RaimonRex) (LanceCavM, Fire, joins w/ Brave Lance)
  • Wil: Reagan (by Mintywater) (BuccaneerF, Ice, joins w/ Red Gem)
  • Rath: (Free)
  • Lowen: Narcian (by Omnifox999) (WyvernRiderM, Thunder)
  • Rebecca: Tulli (by Dex) (YoungManaketeF, Light)
  • Bartre: Shelle (by AnneEgge) (SoldierM, Anima)
  • Guy: Rozaliya (by VelvetKitsune) (StrikerF, Wind)
  • Priscilla: (Free)
  • Raven: (Free)
  • Lucius: Edna (by Donlot) (PilgrimF, Fire)
  • Canas: Rinkah (by Gunnar) (MarauderF, Fire, joins w/ “Power” Ring)
  • Dart: (Free)
  • Fiora: Eustace (by AnneEgge) (ChampionM?, Light)
  • Legault: (Free)
  • Isadora: (Free)
  • Heath: (Free)
  • Hawkeye: Darezin (by Taylor) (ManaketeAdultM, Thunder)
  • Pent: Mina (by FuriousHaunter) (ChieftanF, Anima, joins w/ Devil Axe)
  • Louise: Tyche (by FuriousHaunter) (HolylanceF, Wind, joins w/ Aura and White Gem)
  • Wallace: (Free)
  • Geitz: (Free)
  • Farina: (Free)
  • Karel: Pelagia (by Alex_p_v) (ValkyrieF, Light, joins w/ Warp and Rescue)
  • Harken: Nikolaos (by Alex_p_v) (SageM, Ice, joins w/ Emblem Seal)
  • Jaffar: Vandis (by ColeTheOne) (DreadMongerF, Light, joins w/ Nosferatu)
  • Nino: Fionn (by ColeTheOne) (ThiefM, Wind, joins w/ Light Rune)
  • Vaida: Josiah (by TheEmeraldKing267) (BaronM, Fire, joins w/ Rapier and Tomahawk)
  • Karla: Iver (by darkwingduck) (SiegemasterM, Dark, joins w/ Tomahawk)
  • Renault: Echidna (by ATHATH) (HeroF, Ice, joins w/ Brave Sword, Emblem Seal, and Iron Rune)
  • Athos: (Free)

And a list of currently-free playable unit slots too:

Current Free Unit Slots

Current free unit slots:

• Ninian(?), but not Nils
  • Merlinus
  • Florina
  • Rath
  • Priscilla
  • Raven
  • Dart
  • Legault
  • Isadora
  • Heath
  • Wallace
  • Geitz
  • Farina
  • Athos

I also went through the bosses to check for droppables/stealables:

miscellaneous boss notes

there are a few droppable/stealable gems around, I think? I mostly ignored them in my search
the heintz replacement has a stealable goddess icon (in lyn mode)
eagler has a stealable iron rune (but is in lyn mode)

cameron replacement has a stealable energy ring
darin replacement has a stealable iron rune

eubans replacement drops a knight crest (on hm only, as a different red unit on the map has it on nm) and has a stealable iron rune

linus replacement drops a goddess icon (in both encounters?)
lloyd replacement drops an angelic robe (in both encounters?)

ursula replacement has a stealable delphi shield
maxime replacement has a stealable iron rune
sonia replacement drops a fell contract

kishuna replacement drops a body ring in his final appearance

Yeah, I just overthink 'cause it’s fun to, not 'cause I think I (or anyone else) needs to.

Some things I noticed while digging through the submissions:

Would it be possible to make @RaimonRex’s Finn’s Brave Lance a prf-locked variant that gives +10 lck? Erk doesn’t actually have the weapon rank to use it at base, but he could use it if it was a prf (which makes sense for Finn).

@RaimonRex and @ColeTheOne both forgot to give their thieves lockpicks.

I didn’t know someone else had already come up with the Uberhawk idea! I’m fine with it being used for the Vaida replacement too.

I noticed earlier that you wanted to make promotion gains give a total of +18 to stats, and I’m a bit wary of that. Vanilla promotion gains are closer to +12-ish, for the record. It’s not a huge deal, but combined with the noticably higher growth rates, it could compound into player units ending up significantly stronger than normal. Maybe that’s fine, though, since fe7 prepromotes are notorious for standing well above the unpromotes? Idk. Worst case scenario, if playtesting reports that the game is too easy, midgame/endgame enemy quality can just be bumped up a bit.

I didn’t see your post about Marcus?'s supports until just now, but yeah, I’m fine with him having none. We will need to find a good way to communicate that to the player, though- we wouldn’t want them sitting around spamming end turn for supports that don’t exist, after all.

Is @Gunnar’s Rinkah’s “Power Ring” an Energy Ring or a Guiding Ring? I assume it’s the former, but I figured it’d be worth checking.

Maybe @TritraSerpifeu should be given the Ninian replacement as a freebie, since Ninian inherits Nils’s stats and the two are pretty closely tied to each other?

Once all of the units and bosses have been submitted, you might want to go through and make sure that there are still enough promotion items to go around- some of the boss replacements might lack the promotion items that some of the vanilla bosses drop.

I tweaked Narty so that his loot gems aren’t stealable, so you actually have to pull off a 1 turn kill on him to get them. I think this is just a flag you can give the item? If not, you could make the item technically be a weapon (that no one can use) or something on the back end so that thieves can’t steal it.

Do Valkyries have 8 mov or 7 mov? They have 8 mov in vanilla fe7, but they have 7 mov in your class chart.

5 Likes

Slot: Dart
Name: Nova
Class: Marauder
Affinity: Fire
Portrait:
Nova
Made by me

Palettes

Nova base

Nova Promoted

Description: A fearless woman of great strength,
longs to be part of a big family.

Death Quote: strength is fading… can’t go further…

Personality: Bold and caring, never got a proper education so she skips words sometimes when speaking
ex: “you are friend”, “Leg hurts…”, “I’ll protect family with own life”
wants to start her own family due to feeling neglected by her own parents, which resulted in her running away in search of a new one.
Inventory:
Halberd
Hand axe
Vulneary

Boon:Con
Bane:Res
Growth Rates

HP:80%
POW:50%
SKL:40%
SPD:60%
LCK:30%