Hello Everyone, today I bring you a small patch for FE7 with some changes that have made the game more enjoyable for me and by sharing, maybe it does for you too.
This rebalance focuses on making FE7 more challenging and similar to FE6, while giving some more options to the player to make it more fun to deal with this new challenges.
The FE6 Goodness
- Changes that are carried from FE6, we have the weapon stats and WTA bonus, the powerful promotion bonuses, the 30% crit for Swordmasters and Berserkers, Higher level enemies and scaling Hard Mode Bonus for all modes and same turn reinforments.
The Chef’s touch
- Changes to Lyn, Eliwood and Hector story to make them feel more unique.
- Increased doubling threshold to make doubling harder for non speed focused units.
- Rings refresh on use, making them a direct improvement over simply dancing.
- Merlinus gets a buff on promotion that allows him to trade and rescue.
- Shops rebalanced to open more buy options early, this includes secret shops.
- Supports rebalance for easier unlock.
Quality of Life
- All Modes unlocked from the start
- Sound Room Unlocked
- Removed Lyn’s tutorial, Lyn Normal mode is now equivalent to the previous Lyn Hard, and Lyn Hard mode gets Hard mode bonuses to get an extra challenge.
- Check enemy ranges with Select
- Check Unit’s Growth rates with Select
- HP lines display on the map
- Stat display when skipping animations
- See the amount of Health recovered by wands
- Effective and Critical indicator on Enemies
You can see a more detailed bullet point list of changes in the spoiler:
Spoiler of changes
Based on FE 7+ J version by Mkol, if not stated otherwise, all his changes are still present.
(Yes, we have x3 effectiveness, and 3-30 gates and thrones, thanks for asking.)
Doubling Threshold is now +6 AS istead of +4.
+/-10 HIT WAT
Dancer Ring’s refresh units (nice hack, makes rings fun to use)
Adjusted Enemy level scaling to get full level range in the game and fight Max Lv enemies on the final chapters.
Hard Mode Bonus for all Hard modes.
Adjusted Hard Mode bonuses to scale with map progression. (from +3 to +12)
Moving bosses for non-sieze maps.
*Not Ursula (making her move is making Zephiel a Bolting target D: )
Less annoying Fog:
Night maps have +2 base vision on FoW (Peddler Merlinus, New Resolve, Battle before dawn)
Foggy maps have +1 base vision on FoW (The Dread Island, A Glimpse in time, Four Fanged Offense (Lloyd version)) - *A Grim Reunion is unaffected.
Knights can now use Axes, and Generals gain Sword access. (Wallace and Oswin weapon ranks unaltered, they start with E axes.) Enemy Knights and Generals don’t have inventory changes yet.
Pirates can promote with Earth Seal
Sonia and Limstella now properly use their own Sage class in Hard Mode (Renamed to Sorcerer)
Shop Rebalance, you now get access to more weapons and tomes, Blades are no longer Secret Shop exclusive. And more surprises on Secret Shops.
Support growth points increased x2 or to a minimun of +3 Growth per turn
Support growth range increased to 3 and max supports is now 6.
The FE6 goodness:
Weapons have their stats adjusted to FE6 values (why no one asks for this?)
In general terms Weapons have their HIT changed, Magic has it’s uses and weight changed.
*Mani Katti, Long Sword, Short Spear & Heavy Spear stats unchanged
*Sol Katti has Mulagir stats now. (I like the Lyn with Mulagir idea, but the Sol Katti animations are just too cool)
*Swordslayer, Wolfbeil & Luna nerfed with -10 Hit
*Excalibur, Shine, Aura, Luce, Luna, Eclipse, Gespenst & Ereshkigal have their Weight reduced to fit with the other FE6 tome versions. Eclipse keeps his 30 Hit because the effect is different from FE6.
FE6 Promotion bonuses (Lords, and Thief promotion adjusted)
Swordmasters and Berserkers Crit Bonus increased to 30%
*Knight Lord, Great Lord and Blade Lord get C level in their secondary weapon.
*Blade Lord gets 30% Crit bonus
*Great Lord and Knight Lord gets +1 MV
Reinforments are now Ambush Spawns
-Locked Support Viewer
-Removed Casual Mode
-Fixed Nergal’s Pallete
-Matthew and Legault get unique sprites when promoted to assassins.
-All Hector exclusive chapter availible on Eliwood Mode, with proper rankings.
-Four-fanged Offense and Pale flower of Darkeness versions are each locked to Hector and Eliwood mode.
-Wallace and Harken are Eliwood Mode Exclusive.
-Geitz, Karel and Karla are Hector Mode Exclusive.
-Playable Leila as a Lyn Mode Exclusive
-Bosses with pallete swaps portraits, now have custom portraits. (Beyard, Damian, Sealen & Pascal)
-Small rewrites to fit content changes and translation fixes.
Stuff from the FE-Repo:
Leila Chibi by JeyTheCount
Matthew and Legault Assassing Sprite by GreenTea
Axe Knight animation by TheBlindArcher
You can get the patch here
Just apply it an US version rom and all should be good.
Any comments or feedback is welcome, is not much but is an honest first hack. Cheers!