[FE7] [Complete] Blaze and Thunder: a FE7 Unbalance patch

Thank for playing until the end, and sorry about the final boss bug :frowning:

Do they really open 2 each turn on the japanese rom? The wiki says that they open 2 at once on the odd turns( 1, 3 and 5) on the japanese version.

In any case, I know I said I was gonna hold the next update until the 12th, but a non working final boss is not something to left unattented. So I’ll push the update later today.

Huh, guess I was wrong about the doors then.

Also, forgot to mention earlier, but the Runesword still uses the FE7 formula with FE6 stats. Remember FE6 Runesword is a physical weapon that hits DEF and can crit (would make CoD much harder if anything).

1 Like

Edit: Changing how the rune sword works has some unintended effects, I will just leave at it is for now. :frowning:

Update 2 is now live on itch.

Changelog:
Balance:
Lowered Hard Mode Bonus Scaling to start after Whereabouts Unkown and reduced the unintented extra high values after The Dragon’s Gate.
Shop Rebalance, you now get access to more weapons and tomes, Blades are no longer Secret Shop exclusive. More surprises on Secret Shops.
Knights can now use Axes, and Generals gain Sword access. (Wallace and Oswin weapon ranks unaltered, they start with E axes.) Enemy Knights and Generals don’t have inventory changes yet.
Pirates can promote with Earth Seal
Sonia and Limstella now properly use their own Sage class in Hard Mode (renamed to Sorcerer to make it easy to check)

Content:
Matthew and Legault get unique sprites when promoted to assassins.
Corrected various documented translation errors.

Bugfixes:
Farina’s recruitment works on Eliwood mode if Hector isn’t present. But if Eliwood doesn’t accept her offer the first time she leaves.
Fixed Fire Dragon HP overflowing on Hard Mode due to the higher Hard Mode Bonus.

Credits:
Matthew and Legault Assassing Sprite by GreenTea
Axe Knight animation by TheBlindArcher

So what’s the HMB progression per chapter? Like Lyn mode for instance. Do the HMB stay the same, do they grow? What’s the curve here?

For Lyn mode HBM go from +3 to +10, basically staying at +3 the first chapters and then increasing by 1 per chapter.
The enemies in the last few chapter of Lyn Hard mode are actually dangerous now.

For Eliwood and Hector mode, HMB starts at +5 and ends around +12, and they follow a similar curve to FE6, increasing by 1 every two chapters, since now both have the same amount of chapters their HMB curve is the same.

This sounds like a really cool idea. I love FE6 and it’s one of my favorite FE titles, yet FE7 has so many glaring issues, especially in the map design department, and is unfortunately of my least favorite.

Will try it out later and leave my initial thoughts : )

1 Like

Last update is here, with this one, I will stop working for this unless I have to fix bugs. There wasn’t a lot of changes left to do since this was the planned date for the previous update that I pushed due to the final boss bug.

With all this changes, I think I have make the FE7 experience a fair bit more interesting to play while keeping the thing most people like the same, that is the characters are untouched.

Update 3 Changes

New title screen with Blaze & Thunder subtitle.
Nerfed Luna to: 80 Hit and 10 Crit
Buffed Fenrir to: 1-3 Range
Support growth points increased x2 or to a minimun of +3 Growht per turn
Support growth range increased to 3
All reinforcements appear on their own turn, allowing them to act, turn of appearance hasn’t been changed. This includes the few cases of NPCs appearing on player turn too, now they appear on the NPC turn.
Merlinus promotion gets a buff, +1 MV (6 Mv total) and he can trade and rescue. Other units cannot give or take units from him, but he can give or take units with no problem.
The tactician gives Eliwood all the Emblem weapons in chapter 11 if present, and gives the Emblem seal on chapter 12 to Serra.
Emblem Weapons get +2 MT, same hit as Iron weapons, and +5 Crit (+10 for the bow).
The Emblem Seal now disables Criticals as the Iron Rune.
Skipping Lyn mode and starting Eliwood or Hector mode without a tactician makes this items inaccessible.
Bugfixes:
Reverted Dragon slayer weapons to x2 effectiveness, they were like this in the Japanese version, the 3x effectiveness was unintended.
Lucius unpromoted animation fixed.

3 Likes

I know you said it’s the last update but wanted to ask, would it be hard to implement different animations for everything? I wanna play but I’ve been spoiled by all the hacks with all the great animations from the repo lol would you mind if I used this as a base to do that myself? Wanted to get permission before any changes. Thanks for this unique hack! I love all the changes you’ve made to it! Hope to see you’re next project come to fruition!

1 Like

Outside of the animations for Mathew and Legault promotion I didn’t bother much to add new ones, because I wanted to keep the presentation as vanilla as possible. Mathew and Legault being special becuase I feel their promotions is by all means a “secret” promotion and deverses the special treatment.

With all that out of the way, feel free to use the hack as a base for your own if you want.