FE6: Project Ember (v1.85 as of 8/16/2021) - "ν Dorothy" Edition

That’s because the enemy who talks with the boss was changed to a new position and the game just doesn’t know what to do, since that movement in the cutscene was based in the coordinates of said unit and not his ID. I had the same bug with an old (and infernally bad) FE6 “Rebalance” patch I made years ago.

That’s odd, I don’t recall changing that enemy’s position in particular, just removing two archers that were unrelated.

Edit 1: I seem to have found the issue. It seems I accidentally erased the knight used for that event while working on the Hard mode rom. Will pump out a fix ASAP

Alright. Thank Brunhilda

I think everything should be working now, try reapplying the patch and transferring your save file to see if it works.

It’s working now. No crashing issues in Chapter 8. Thanks, Brunhilda.

Hi, I’ve been playing this for a while and so far been enjoying it, but I noticed I can’t trigger Support for certain characters (for instance, I can trigger Alan-Roy just fine, but it’s not the case for Lugh-Chad and Shanna-Roy despite me taking the time do so). Is there a change in the mechanics that caused that, or is it a known issue? The only reference re: Support I found in the FAQ was that it’s supposed to be easier/faster to trigger, which is obviously not the case in my playthrough…

The supports are faster, but still not very fast. Also FE6 has a mechanic where it caps the amount of support points gained in a map, from all support pairs, at 120 points. If Roy and Shanna get 40 points, Chad and Elen get 40 points, and Alen and Wade get 40 points, no supports will be unlocked and no more support points will be built up in the map.

1 Like

It is possible to disable the limiter through editing the hexcode, but that allows for infinite supports per chapter. That is why I am still waiting for people to recreate what FE7 and FE8 did as an event-patchfile(I also wait for the reverse of people bringing back 10 supportslots in those games. They turned the missing slots into the data that checks for supports optained in the current chapter)

1 Like

Just found an issue with the Rogue class. Everything is fine with them, both their sprites and whatnot, but whenever I have promoted Astol or Chad, or Cath attack an enemy unit during my turn, the Enemy’s Battle theme plays instead of Roy’s Army’s Battle theme. Doesn’t happen with the other units I used so far.

1 Like

A bit late since I discovered this a long time ago, but Zealot (or Great Knights maybe, since Zealot is the only one I have encountered) doesn’t have the mounted aid calc.

1 Like

Great Knights have mounted aid calc, 25 - 13 = 12.

oh whoops, tho it still lacks the cavalry icon

Ch 15 general boss has a red gem, appears in the map, after raith. I’d really recommend keeping stealables on enemy units who are in the map. That would people more likely to deploy a rogue/thief in a chapter where you don’t expect them to be normally in the vanilla version.

I somewhat expected it I guess since ch 13 but still it would be helpful since fe 6 enemies can’t drop stuff.

at which chapter does eliwood and guinevere become playable character??

Chap 23, as a player reinforcement.
Guinivere will not retreat, so she gives a game over

and what about eliwood,in which chapter does he joins??

why does hartmut’s binding blade got infinite usage and (1-3) attack range?
and roy’s does’nt

I assume because all legendary weapons(Minus eckesachs because it was not involved) and that thing got weaker in the battle.

Eliwood joins in the same chapter, but it’s a choice between Eliwood and Guinivere. You can’t have both.

How do I play Maniac Mode?

Do I just apply the Maniac Mode patch and start a new game on Normal mode?