FE6: Incandescence Edition

I use m-gba.

this hurts every fibre of my being

6 Likes

lol did you make these mugs or what

2 Likes

i take offence to that

3 Likes

yo, shout out to @NICKT for his work in fe6 incandescence edition! we love you, and we’re ready to support you on whatever venture you may complete next <3

3 Likes

…Is this an April Fools joke?

I’m legitimately not sure. It seems to have too much effort in it to be just a joke, but then I hear about stuff like how apparently Gonzales is unrecruitable, (and the weird trailer), and combine that with the timing of the release…

I can absolutely guarantee it is not, having played the first 4 chapters.

As unpopular the reception for this seems to be, I’m actually going to stand to defend this.
This is Almirage’s ideal version of FE6. It’s unlikely that it’s going to be the same as yours, but if his changes click with you, then here it is, available for you to experience.

I know there’s a lot of cringe behind it, sure, but there is also, well, effort here, which is more than can be said about a lot of other edits.

4 Likes

I made a version of the patch with it included if you want to update the patch.

I can do that one my own with FEBuilder now that I know of the patch’s existence, I just can’t guarantee if it doesn’t mess up the game in any unintended way since I didn’t play through it after applying it. There are also other interesting things that I omitted for this purpose, like how there’s a fixed growths patch.

it changes 2 bytes. It won’t mess anything up. I’ve tested it.

I know there’s a lot of cringe behind it, sure, but there is also, well, effort here, which is more than can be said about a lot of other edits.

I would prefer that the cringe happens after they actually experience it but well, it was pretty easy for me to figure people would have a problem with things like Gonzales being deleted…or the potentially much more uncomfortable thing of how Lance doesn’t show up until chapter 7, reducing your cavs in the early game.

Did you apply the “Hard selectable from the beginning” patch from FEBuilder?

I don’t know the reason why, but it’s being nonfunctional for me testing it, even after trying to make multiple confirmations I properly wrote it and saved the ROM.

are you using a save with the hard mode flag set?

I intentionally had copypasted my ROM out of its original folder so that no savefiles would be present.

That’s strange. Really strange. I had it working, but I’ve since deleted the ROM. I’ll take a look at it later manually.

here it is, with the hard mode patch applied, I had no issues personally. LMK if you have any.

the lack of proficiency only unique relic weapons for every character with a name, is frankly, insulting. Why doesn’t roy start with the unbound blade? (1-2 magic, luna effect, infinite uses, guarantees he is less trash after hitting level cap)

1 Like

Seems to be fine from what I can tell from minimal testing. I’ll include a link to it on the first post for people who don’t use VBA.

Can i have recuitment list?