FE6 + FE7 + FE8 Plus [Enhancement Patch]

It should be fine to use your old save file. I think if you are on chapter 23 or up playing the JP FE7 patch, then you might need to reload it for the new boss stats to apply, but otherwise there shouldn’t be any conflicts.

1 Like

By the way, I still don’t quite get how fixed mode works after reading the linked thread from the changelog. Does it mean units will have a predetermined stat raise per level up?

For example, +1 strength for Lv 2, 4, 6 instead of random.

As far as I understand it, each character starts with 50 growth points in each stat, and once they level up, each growth gets added to each growth point value (e.g. a unit with a 45 strength growth would have 95 growth points in strength after 1 level up). Whenever a level up makes your growth point total go past 100, the stat goes up and 100 points are taken off (e.g. after 2 level ups, the 45 strength growth unit would have 140 points in strength, so their strength stat would go up by 1 and they would lose 100 strength growth points, bringing them down to 40.)

1 Like

Thanks! Perhaps Fixed Mode is useful for speedruns or when more consistency is necessary, like having a predetermined team in mind and not allowing them to be subjected to random bad luck.

1 Like

New update: FE6 added. The original game and numbers patch are included as options. If you don’t care about FE6, then you don’t need to do anything; nothing was done to FE7 or FE8.

2 Likes

Do you plan on making a FE6 patch with the FE7/FE8 weapon stats?

1 Like

Fe6 items with fe7 stats is a feature of the numbers patch which I’ve already included as an optional patch. Basically, I’ve already done that.

4 Likes

New version is out. All that’s new is that the Numbers version of FE6 is updated from 2.0 to 2.1, which fixes some bugs. Please redownload if you plan on using FE6 Numbers patch.

1 Like

Just want to let you that the FE 8 patch crashes the game whenever you target walls and snags.

1 Like

Uh oh! Thanks for letting me know; I’ll see what I can do. Which version of the FE8 patch were you playing?
EDIT: After some brief testing, I can say that the US version of the patch works, but the others don’t. I think I know why, too. Working on a fix now.
EDIT 2: The bug should be fixed. The issue seemed to come from a glitch in FEBuilder when importing text files. You can redownload now.

I am trying to get the FE6 Plus to work but if I patch my game into English then patch FE6 Plus everything is in Japanese again. If I do the translation last then I can’t select Hard mode so I assume the patch doesn’t work. What should I do?

The patch includes the english translation in it. You only need to patch the game once

Doesn’t work then. It is Japanese for me.

Which patch did you use? I tried patching FE6 with the basic patch and the numbers patch and both worked.

The fixed numbers patch

I just tested it again and it worked so that is weird. Nevermind then. Had to learn how to use FEBuilder for nothing I guess.

1 Like

NOTE: FE8’s Casual Mode was broken. Please redownload the patches.

1 Like

Hi! Registered just to say thank you for such a great mod. I’ve been looking for a way to play these without permadeath and this just hits the right spot. However, I play on a 3dsxl via injection and I think applying the mod conflicts with the injector’s sleep patch so now I can’t L+R+Select to put the game to sleep.

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried another injector and it WORKS!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!!

I’m having an issue with the FE8 patch where battle animations don’t play on enemy phase most of the time. I’ve seen them show up sometimes but haven’t been able to notice any particular pattern for when or why. They do always work on player phase though.

Otherwise, nice work, thanks for these. I used your patch to play a run of FE7 and the quality of life features were much appreciated :+1:

How do I get these patches to work with 0%? Do I need an entirely new combo patch?