FE6 but the numbers are gone (FE1 Style Bars) (small new years update)

Did you ever just think

“Man, FE6 is just too easy for me!”

“I wish i couldn’t see what was going on at all times!”

“I like realism and Immersion!” or

“I love being mentally tortured!”.

Well no worries, because i have just the right thing for you!
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 Numberless 204
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 Numberless 214
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 Numberless 202
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 Numberless 201
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 Numberless 2.emulator01
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 Numberless 215

This simple patch removes the numbers from the Stat screen, weapon durability, OFF animated combat, aswell as the map screen. Time to play as God Kaga intended!

I first uploaded this in August but got extremely busy afterwards and only now got around to working on it again, with some improvements here and there (namely removing a couple more numbers and getting OFF animations to work.

I still haven’t been able to figure out how to remove the numbers from exp bars and animated combat just yet. If anyone wants to figure it out or knows how to change the combat animation screen so that you straight up just have bars like in FE1, instead of numbers, hit me up. although i am positive it’s impossible without ASM magic.

You can also turn off several screens completely in the options if you wanna go for the authenthic FE1 experience.
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 - Kopie.emulator07
Making it look like this
FE6 BugfixeStrongEnemies 1.5 - Kopie.emulator08

But Donlot, WHY?

Because I have played FE6 countless times, Hard mode, Ironman, No hardmode bonuses for player units, without the battle forecast, all of the aforementioned at once, but at some point, even all of that is not enough.
I like Immersion and realism to a degree, and you could argue that this makes the game a bit more immersive/realistic, as, while you as the Army’s commander may be able to gauge the approximate abilities of your fighters and enemies, you could never get exact data at all times, especially not on a hectic battlefield.

Also: I was inspired by this Crusader Kings 3 mod i stumbled across one day.

So with the incredibly helpful guidance of @Sme, @Vesly and @Scraiza i made it happen(HUGE thanks by the way)

The entire conversation on the FEU discord is right here incase anyone can learn anything from it.

Discord
Discord

Additionally, i will record/stream and upload me playing through this on my Youtube channel in the near future with the rule set of: Hard Mode Ironman, No Hard mode bonuses on player units, No grinding, No Numbers, and having to kill off Alan and Lance in Chapter 7 (just because i wanna showcase how useful Barth can be in an Ironman).

Here’s the download link, there is one patch which uses Gringe’s Localisation Patch 1.1.3 (the one with the support viewer) as a base
and one which uses @Adthor 's FE6 BugFix Edition Strong Enemies 1.5 patch as a base, which is my preferred way to play.

Adthor's Permission to do so

DOWNLOAD LINK

Remember to patch using a CLEAN (legally obtained of course) Japanese FE6 Rom

7 Likes

It’s ironic that the numbers were only able to be edited out in the places FE1 showed them. So more of an inversion.

But, I know how to eliminate all numbers. Edit the font and simply blank out the numbers. The font can be exported and imported through FEBuilder, and no asm would be needed.

2 Likes

Will take a look at it tomorrow, thanks for telling me!

Ideally i want FE1 Style bars everywhere instead of numbers when this is fully finished

Very Kaga of you to do that

4 Likes

Donlot here. At first I thought this was a parody of my hack.

1 Like

Oh right, you made FE6 with FE1 style gameplay. Looked like a pretty cool project!

For those whom it may concern: I will be streaming a Hard Ironman playthrough of this with the harder version of this patch on my channel in around 30 minutes (16 o clock CET). Feel free to join in: