[FE15] Disable World Map Reinforcements - for 3DS and Citra

Just like the title says, this is a patch that will entirely disable enemy reinforcement spawns on the world map in Fire Emblem Echoes. It works for the US, European, and Japanese versions of the game, and supports both the 3DS and Citra. If playing on 3DS, you must have CFW (custom firmware) installed. If you don’t know what that is, you can install the Luma CFW, which this patch requires, using this very helpful guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started

You must also have updated Echoes to version 1.1. This patch will not work without the 1.1 update installed, and may cause unexpected behavior if used without the 1.1 update.

Uninstall the patch before starting a new act or starting a new game. If you don’t do this, encounters will not appear at the beginning of a new act at all, breaking the game. After the act has started, save before moving your character on the world map, then reinstall the patch.

The patch can safely be applied to save games in progress, and does not require starting a new game to take effect. However, if you install the patch to a save game in progress, any existing random spawns already on the map will still be there - the patch only prevents new enemies from spawning, and those that have already spawned when you install the patch will stay on the map until defeated, as per normal game behavior.

This patch also disables automatic enemy respawns in Novis Cemetery, Mountain Graveyard, and Dragon’s Maw. This does mean that you will be unable to complete the sidequest to kill 20 zombies in Novis Cemetery and the sidequest to recover the lumberjack’s Duma Carving in the Mountain Graveyard while you have this patch installed. This isn’t a problem, though - just remove the patch (see below), complete the sidequest(s), and reinstall the patch the same way you installed it.

3DS Installation:

1. Have Luma CFW running on your 3DS. See above.

2. Update Fire Emblem Echoes to version 1.1.

3. If your 3DS is on, turn it off.

4. Hold down the Select button, and turn your 3DS on. This will bring up Luma’s config menu.

5. Turn on “Enable Game Patching” such that the option has an X next to it.

6. Press Start to save the change and exit Luma’s config menu.

7. Turn your 3DS off, remove its SD card, and plug the SD card into your computer.

8. Extract the “luma” folder in the archive to the root of your SD card, such that your computer asks you if you want to merge this patch’s folder with the existing Luma folder. Select yes; none of the files will be replaced or overwritten, the patch is just being installed to its own directory within Luma.

Citra Installation:

1. Update Fire Emblem Echoes to version 1.1.

2. Extract the text files to: C:\Users[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Citra\cheats

3. Enable the “Disable world map reinforcements” cheat from Citra’s cheat menu.

Disabling the patch on 3DS:

1. Turn your 3DS off, remove its SD card, and plug the SD card into your computer.

2. On your 3DS’s SD card, go to luma\titles

3. Delete the folders “00040000001B4000” and “00040000001B4100” and “00040000001A2B00”

Disabling the patch on Citra:

Just disable the “Disable world map reinforcements” cheat from Citra’s cheat menu.

Download:

3DS version

Citra version

Credits and Acknowledgments:

• ymyn and speedfly, who developed the Gateway code upon which this patch is based.
  • The 3DSFE ROM Hacking discord, for their patience and assistance with understanding the game’s file structure.
  • VincentASM and TildeHat, who provided saves to playtest the patch with.
6 Likes

Nice work man. Can I ask for a patch that allow you to use more reeking box in one location. Currently, you can only use one per location. If you want to use more you will have to clear the older one first.

I think you’re thinking of Awakening; there isn’t a Reeking Box in Echoes. I personally don’t care for Awakening, so it’s not something I’d be interested in doing. Sorry.

Can you make celicaroute optional?(Able to get through the game only playing alm and he just never gets the promotion if celica is not played). Unless someone already made that.
Figuring out how to handle final map would probably be hard tho.

I’m so thankful for this patch, the map spawns are the only thing I can’t stand about this game, like why would you give me a map if I can’t explore it at will? I do have one question, when you said one has to disable the patch before staring a new game or a new act, does it mean you have to disable the patch every time before an act start? Or just that one time after you install it?