FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Most things can’t be exported. Things such as character and item data can be exported to some extent, but you’ll still have to go over them since some things change between games. For example, FE7’s “morph” unit ability is “max level 10” in FE8, and you’ll end up with bad support pointers so you’ll have to set them all yourself, and so on.
Events certainly can’t be exported as the event engine of each game is different and the commands are completely different as well. The upside is that FE8’s event engine is superior, so it’s easier to make FE6/7 events in FE8 than the other way around, but you’ll still have to do so manually.
On the topic of events, that is where you’d edit/remove the route splits. FE6/7 have them in the end events of the previous chapters, while you have to go through some CALLs in FE8’s Castle Frelia chapter. They’re in the following screenshots.

Route split branches

So in short, there’s quite a bit of work to be done. If it were easy to export them, it wouldn’t have taken nearly as long to have a FE6 port to FE8 to finally be made after multiple failed attempts, and one of FE7 would certainly already exist by now. Good luck though, it would be nice to have one be made, for people who want to have FE7 but using FE8’s superior event engine and additional patches.

1 Like

How can I hide enemies behind map changes? For example, FE8, the Queen of White Dunes chapter, had enemies hidden behind doors that you could not see and they weren’t revealed until the door was unlocked. I tried to do the same thing, but the units are being placed on top of the roof.

By default, enemies spawned on Roof tiles are automatically hidden. If the Roof tile happens after the unit spawns, you can use the UNCM patch and set the unit to have the “hidden+under a roof” states.

2 Likes

Thank you! Turns out I placed it on a “wall” tile instead of a “roof” tile. Wouldn’t have thought about that, so I appreciate you specifying the type of tile!

1 Like

Would it be possible to make a patch for modifying the damage bonus of Puissance? It’s skill BF in the default installation.

In the latest version, it should be at 8B7262C.

I wrote an explanation on how to find/edit values in Discord , if it’s not at that address in yours, or for any other skill you also wish to edit.

2 Likes

done.

NAME=Puissance's add damage(SkillSystems)
INFO=Skill Puissance's Add damage\r\nDefault=3
1 Like

ayoo my casual mode patch says its outdated how to fix it?

I applied the skill system patch and 41 of my character palletes broke, not sure why
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wW5UhzI1ScmOTFF_A2R0ux0OU5oVUNZS?usp=share_link

Whenever i Install the skill system patch, most of my palletes (41 to be exact) gets “corrupted” saying that isn’t comprised of iz77 data. This only affects the palletes that don’t have a name/identifier

How did you write this pallet data?
I think you are writing in EA because the addresses are contiguous.
The area you are writing to is an area reserved as a SkillSystems sanctuary.
This area is used exclusively by SkillSystems, so any writing is prohibited.
Specifically, the following area is reserved as a sanctuary.
0x1c1ec0 - 0xB88560

For example, palette 0x6D is 0xB2A610.
You have trespassed into the above area.
Therefore, it will not work correctly.

If you are writing the palette in EA, change the address to write to.

If you are using FEBuilderGBA to fix it, save the data from the ROM before you installed SkillSystems as a png and re-import it.
In this case, please set the palette address to 0 and then import the palette image.
Overwriting with the existing address may destroy SkillSystems.

I have exported all of my previous palletes as png and after installing the patch, imported them back. It seems the address corrected itself (0x6D now is 1098728). That fixed it, thx!

I feel like I am not understanding how to use the Gaiden Spell Table patch properly. I want to reserve some spells for when a unit promotes, but I cannot get the spells to appear. When I promote, I can get all spells set between levels 10 and 20, but none of the “Only Promote” spells.

How can I not let the hero and heroine in FE8 separate the line, complete the hero’s line, and continue to play the heroine after completing the line

I’m going to assume you mean the route split. If you go to the event at address 9F33D0 you’ll see this command:

This is the command that gives the player the option to choose a route, and the commands after it do the actual branching of the routes. You can delete these commands and only leave the “move to chapter” command to the route you want. You will also need two patches: “change edition” to actually change which route the game is on, and “Fix SetupNewWMRoute. Do not draw the road again.” to fix problems with the world map when you don’t have a route split.

PSA: You may want to be careful when installing the latest version of FEBuilderGBA, when I tried updating my FEBuilder (From the official installer linked above), it had a Trojan Virus attached to it…

Whats the diff between the 32 and 64 bit file for mGBA using it with FEBuilderGBA ??

Isnt the 64 always better?? just wondering

There have been multiple cases of false positives by antivirus programs before, so unless you say otherwise we’re led to believe that’s just the same case for you, but you’re trying to make it sound like there was an actual virus, for some reason. There have been cases in which the debugger was also misidentified as a virus because it took over parts of the emulator to run its debug functions.

The code is open-source, anyone can check it for themselves if they’re that paranoid.

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m trying

Ill try to explain this the best i can.

So, ive been using FEBuilder for over a year now with no issues, but yesterday I went to update this is where everything went down

Off the bat something seemed fishy, after the update had completed, FEBuilder was deleted off my PC entirely, I then went to reinstall it with the updater that ive had for awhile. The installer seemed normal at first glance but something was off, when i’d try to install FEBuilder it would skip the steps where it asks to set up a emulator and event assembler and go straight into downloading the application. But once the application would download, thats when my Firewall would set off and inform me of suspicious software. When I checked my antivirus, it had warned me of a Trojan on the software and had disabled it.

I get that false flags happen, but ive been using the software for awhile with no issues, and downloading an earlier version worked fine.

I am convinced this is a false positive.
I checked my PC with Trend Micro’s online scan and found nothing particularly suspicious.

The Downloader has not been changed since “ver_20200130.17.1” three years ago.
Unless the server era of github has been hijacked, it is impossible for the contents to be altered.

Therefore, I think the anti-virus you are making is crazy.
Please send a protest email to the developer.

If you don’t contact them to protest and let them know that it is a false positive, it will continue to be false positive forever.
Alternatively, please remove that strange antivirus and use another software that you trust.

Cyren and google are crazy.

2 Likes