FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

EDIT
solved it!
I was uploading the pngs in the wrong format. Now I´ve replaced exactly how febuilder reads it and it worked

hey! :blush:

I´ve been trying to make a resking of the warrior animation, working on a helmless warrior!
I´ve done the recolouring and substituted two colours from the original pallete for the hair. However when I upload them on FEBuilder the program wont read the colours for the hair, and instead wil replace it with black!

Do you guys have any idea what Iam doing wrong? :thinking:

thanks!

ill atach some pictures so u guys get what I mean
the recolouring and reskin

when uploaded

Hello there. I’ve a new problem hehe… I was trying to insert a “tactician” before the world map events. But a graphic bug occur. I don’t know if the problem is beacuse the code or patches, so y trying in a clean rom, but the result is the same.
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones.emulator

The code I use is this.

Here is the report, maybe help. Thanks.

Because you are doing the name entry in the worldmap event.
You should do it in the ch0 StartEvent that is executed afterwards, not in the worldmap.
Since the worldmap event is different from a normal event, there are limitations on the instructions available to you.

This problem occurs because you put the name entry screen in the worldmap event, and the cursor graphic, which is provided in the initialization of the worldmap event, is overwritten by the image used in the name entry screen.

Let explain a little more for beginners.

“The continent of Magvel. For some 800 years”
The screen on which this is shown is the opening event, which belongs to the world map event.
There are various restrictions on world map events.

“Your Majesty, I bear bad news”
The screen on which this appears is ch0 StartEvent, which is a normal event.

Simply put, after the title call “The Fall of Renais”, the event is normal.

Uhmmm… In other words, it’s not posible. What a pity… anyway Thanks @7743.

In other words, don’t use the first world map event instead use the prologue’s start event

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

I was wondering if I could make a tiny patch request. Would it be possible to get a skill system patch option to change the hit/avoid granted by the Wind Disciple and Perfectionist skills? They might be two of the only skills in the default install that don’t seem to have customization patches yet, unless I’m missing them.

I don’t know if it’s possible or not depending on how the skills work, but it would be ideal if the numbers could be different from one another, like 10 hit/15 avoid, but I’ll gladly take whatever works!

The skill IDs for them are 6F and BE if that helps you find the skills I’m talking about. Thank you in advance.

add
Perfectionist’s Add Hit(SkillSystems)
Perfectionist’s Add Avoid(SkillSystems)
Wind Disciple’s Add Hit(SkillSystems)
Wind Disciple’s Add Avoid(SkillSystems)

1 Like

Is there a way to create a chest that is already opened? I would like to give the player a free item in the map without them having to fight any units, talk to anybody, visit any homes/villages, or use a chest key.

There might be a better way, but you could do a range condition event on an open chest tile and have the event be give item to visiting/current character.

Something like:

1 Like

Oooh, I really like that. Can you think of a way to do that but also give them a menu option? I worry that they wouldn’t stop on the proper tile if there is no menu option except “wait.” Right now, I have it set to be a “visit” event, so that they know something is there.

Could keep it a visit event if you want that, and putting a flashing orange arrow on the tile with Multi Tile Marker patch if you really want it to be noticed. Flashing arrow will make it an obvious tile to go to regardless if you have visit or a range condition.

1 Like

Report7z: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Asswdnynmm0jRY5mQSwNUggYdj7FM2MD/view?usp=sharing

Hi. I’m having a problem where my game freezes in the End Event of Chapter 5x. The cav just gets stuck in this load unit and move sequence and idk what’s wrong
freezing

The game freezes whenever the End Event of Chapter 5x is loaded (when Delta, the cav replacing Forde) is loaded and moving.

This is because you are using the incorrect event to stop music.
MUSS is an instruction to temporarily change the music, but it should not be used to stop the music.
You should use MUSC, not MUSS.

Is there a way to remove the unused “Unit Placer” data? I just want it to look neater as I am making changes.

As you can see from the other maps, you can turn it off by setting its address to 0.

Happy belated new year everyone!

I wanted to know if I could make a patch request: Is it possible to create a patch for a skill to modify the skill BB: Barricade so that it always halves the damage taken? Just like the Loptous effect in FE4.

It’s easy to turn +2 into +3, but it’s hard to turn +0 into +2.
The first thing to remember is this principle.

I do not use SkillSystems, so I am not familiar with Barricade.
From looking at the source code, I did not think it would be so easy to do for the reasons stated above.
Therefore, I probably cannot accept your request.

2 Likes

I understand. Thanks for the reply

You should ask in the Skill Systems thread rather than here

Is it possible in a chapter to only play the map’s music so it never gets interrupted by the battle song?. For example, every map of Three Houses.