FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Alright, Thank you.

Hello @7743, I’ve found a error in the patch “Prevent Exchange Value Items”. When your inventory is full you can send the “value item” to the convoy, that shouldn’t happen right?
I was thinking that it was my mistake, but I testing in a clean rom and the error persists. Is there any way to fix it?
I’ll wait for your answer, thank you very much. :grinning:

Please report the bug to the author of that patch.

1 Like

Hey everyone, i was wondering if there is a Patch or the possibility to make a Patch for FE8, that you can simply set a Unit Base Palette as it is in FE7? Reason for that is, the cap of 7 Unit Palettes and thereby the limitation of only 7 possible classes a Unit could promot to with fitting color palette.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Isn’t seven enough?
If you really need more than that, change each battle animation id in the custom animation patch, not the palette.
I don’t think there are many people with that many custom palettes, so I think it’s more than that.

Hi, i’m new to romhacking and i’m trying to translate FE8 into brazilian portuguese. So far so good, but i’m struggling with the Class reel font and Class name special font. Right now i’m creating the font of characters of brazilian language that don’t exist in those fonts (ĂŁ, Ă”, ĂĄ, Ă©, Ă­, Ăł) but I can’t find a way to make the game read it. I tried put these letters in the place of letters unused, but there are only 4 unused.

Right to the question now, is there a way to make the rom read a new letter in those 2 fonts? Create a .png in class reel font and insert on a unused place and make the rom read it, and enlarging the .png on the class name special font for space to create the new letters and make the rom read the space where the new letter is?

ClassReel can only use some letters of the alphabet.
You can use the following patch to set the name exclusively for class reel as in FE8J.

NAME=fe8u class reel alt class name(Installer)
INFO.en=In OP CLASS REEL, add data that can get a new class name for when a class name is written with a non-ASCII character string.\r\nWhen you add this patch, we get the class name from the TextID defined in another table.\r\nIf this value is set, this name will be used instead of the class name.\r\nIf it is undefined by 0, I will refer to the name of the class as before.\r\n\r\nThis patch can also be used as a countermeasure because the name will not be displayed at CC or in the opening Class Reel when using NarrowFont.

i’m using this, but the letters ĂŁ and Ă” don’t appear that way also. And this don’t work with the special font.
i’m going to try to take a few images here to show what i’m wanting to do

You can’t add the class reel font without writing an ASM.
If you must do this, write your own ASM.

As explained earlier, only some alphabetic characters are available in class reel.
All other characters are not available.

so the only way to write a character in the ‘60’ space is writing an ASM? how can i do that? I’m completely new to this

also to write new letters in this image and make the game read it, i’ll have to write an ASM as well?

so the only way to write a character in the ‘60’ space is writing an ASM? how can i do that? I’m completely new to this

I think that font would work well if the list were expanded.

also to write new letters in this image and make the game read it, i’ll have to write an ASM as well?

The only way to get this font is to write an ASM.
Note that I am speaking against this font.
This font is the text that appears in red in the upper right corner during class reel and promotion.

Hi, new here. Just wondering if there’s a way to edit the title screen and show character growth rates in fe6?

I don’t think anyone has written code to display a unit’s growth rates for fe6, sorry.

I imagine for the title screen it’s just images that you should be able to edit. If feb doesn’t have patches for it, then you should be able to find each layer of it in the graphics editor under tools iirc. You’d export it, edit, then import it again.

(Fe8 is by far the most supported rom. Most custom things are made only for fe8.)

Okay, got it. Thanks for the help

Hello guys, quick question
 Is anybody getting an issue with FEBuilder and Windows Defender??? For some reason today, after detecting an update for FEBuilder and selecting to install it, WD started to flag FEBuilder.exe as a virus with the trojan “Wacatac.B!ml”
 Did something happen? I tried to re-download the thing but always the same issue :confused:

@OzTheMaverick Make an exception for febuilder. It often gets flagged as malicious by software that does not rely upon actual users being hurt by programs. This is because the debugger takes some control over your emulator to allow for convenient cheats while debugging.

2 Likes

Yeah, had to do that. Thanks pal :smile:

Does anyone have any help on how the Extend Battle Floor/BG patch works?
I had it installed and it effectively changed every single battle platform and for some reason, there does not seem to be any way to actually change it back to the default game platforms (for example, chapter 1 platform becomes sand/sunachi1 and gate/jyoumon1) and I’m not sure how to edit it per say, since the player’s platform stays at default gate/jyoumon1 floor or something. Changing the platform seem to only effect the enemies’ floor. I am unable to uninstall it either since it effectively bricks the entire game (battle do not run).

I just want to know how is it to EDIT the battle platform itself, cause that seem to be the strangest change with the patch. Or at the least default it back to the original game’s since otherwise I have to go through every single environment/terrain and fix all of it. My only other option is to roll back before the patch but I effectively lose 2-3 day of work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is for FE8/ Sacred Stone BTW. There isn’t any error or anything(least none that i know of). Just that the moment the patch ‘Expand the list of battle floor terrain and battle BG’ is install, all the default floors changed and I don’t know how to edit them. A guide or insight or anything would do, as to HOW the patch and the editing the platform is suppose to work would be nice.

Why don’t you attach report7z first?

If you think it’ll help. Again, it’s more of a question of HOW to edit the battle platforms since AFTER the patch, all the floors are changed. This is after the patch. I just wish to know how and where to go to change the platforms since the editor is confusing in itself, plus even certain changes seem to not affect certain platforms. I just wish to go back to the default settings/platforms, but it isn’t possible to uninstall the patch since doing so breaks the game. I just want to know where to go and how to edit the platforms after the installations.
after

test 3

Here’s what happen after the Expand the list of battle floor terrain and battle BG(Editor)'s list is set to 0. The enemy platform disappears but player platform uses a default that I do not know where to go to edit. From the (Battle Platform) tab, it also doesn’t show any way to edit the platform either.