FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Death quotes are read from the top of the list, and the game stops immediately when it hits the first possible result. You put the chapter specific death quote for Iris after the general death quote for her, so the chapter specific one will never be reached. The problem will be resolved if you switch their places (and in general remember that specific battle quotes/death quotes should come before generic ones).

1 Like

Ohhh okay it works now. Thank you so much!

all infoā€™s in report7z the sav has the specified chapter accessible. This glitch isā€¦ extremely confusing to me so Iā€™m curious as to whatā€™s actually causing this

I playtest with MGBA if that matters at all

Whenever Fidem or Sagiita moves in front of the nearest fighter the game crashes, the same thing would happen when a talk event between Fidem and Sagiita ended the previous chapter or Mick moved two spaces away from Tobias on two specific tiles.

This is a simple problem that can be cured with the following one-byte fix.
02833E: B8

I am not sure why, but this will fix the problem.

FE8HostofdarkTruest.emulator

It is a one-byte correction, so you can correct it yourself from hexeditor by pressing F11.

1 Like

thanks so much! It took me a second to comprehend what to do since Iā€™m not familiar with hex editing but this solution appears to work perfectly!

I did some research on a compatibility-gap regarding the battle animations and I wonder if it is possible to adjust the automatic reconstruction of the sprite sheets to ignore certain pixelcoordinates on the sheets.

As far as my testing goes, the hardcoding of Command 26 Swordtoss and 27 Shieldtoss follow global rules(That seem to be shared across all three games) that can be applied through the spritesheets themselves, without needing any knowledge of the hardcoding itself. Attached is an empty spritesheet that highlights the fields that the commands seem to make use of. The brown field is shared between both commands, while the white field is exclusive to 27 Shieldtoss and the blue field is exclusive to 26 Swordtoss.

The easiest way to make use of this knowledge would be to prevent Builder from using these fields while reconstructing the sheets if the animation contains either of these commands, by simply leaving them empty. This would require the user to insert the relevant sprites into the sheet manually at a later point in time, but it would provide compatibility to these two commands and would in my opinion be a better solution than leaving it effectively broken.(I apologize if this was already known. I just wasnā€™t able to find proper documentation or an attempt at support regarding the issue before)
Fields used by commands 26 and 27

It is not possible.
As long as you use the current battle animation script, you cannot implement it.
This is because you cannot specify in the script what is to be placed where on the sheet.
The only thing you can do is to draw the sheet by hand.
But that is a very time-consuming process and is not recommended.

An alternative is to not use C26 and C27.
In other words, do not create any process related to the coordinates of the sheet.
This will add unnecessary data, but it should be considered a necessary expense.

Hey 7743, would it be possible for you to add a Text Previewer function to FEBuilder in the future? Something similar to what Tactile has?

I donā€™t know if this is doable, or if you already planned on it. I just think it would be a really useful feature to add at some point.

Note: Tequilaā€™s Text Rework adds 1 and 3 line text, so it would be cool if that was supported in this hypothetical text previewing tool, too.

I have no plans to do so at the moment.
I consider the current TextEditor to be sufficient.

Even the current TextEditor can be operated without problems, as long as it is vanilla.
I use vanilla because the TextEngineRework is only available in FE8U.
Therefore, I do not feel particularly inconvenienced.

Unit standing can also be found in the current FEBuilderGBA.
I donā€™t think that lines preview are necessary, as both overflows and missing fonts can be checked in FELint.

It might be nice to have, but I donā€™t think it is a feature that would change the usability significantly.

In the future, when ę¼«ćƒ—(emotion mark !#) is supported, or a screen shaking effect is created, or something complex like that is introduced, I think we can consider it.

2 Likes

Hi quick question. Is there any way to change weapon types in FE builder? Trying to change staffs to another form of magic and create a 4 way triangle.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by ā€œchangeā€. You could very easily make a weapon that requires staff rank to wield (just set it as a staff type in item editor, and make sure not to set the staff bit for the weapon). The weapon triangle itself has a dedicated editor you can find under advanced editors.

There are only 8+1 weapon types.
Sword, Lance, Axs, Bow, Staff, Anima, Light, Dark, Other.

How these are incorporated into a triangle can be set in the Advanced menu.
If you want to do triangles within the same type, there is the Anima Triangle Patch.

As you can see from the settings, this just sets up a correction value from one type to another.
The fact that it is a triangle is just the result of drawing a line.
You can make it any shape you like.

Ahh I see. So if I wanted to replace the staff, anima, light and dark weapon types with fire, water wind and earth. Would this be possible?

Thanks!

This is just a matter of visuals and naming, so yes.

Gotcha Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how to edit pay-to-recruit events? I want to include one in my hack, but Iā€™m getting really confused looking over Rennacā€™s recruitment event. If someone could make an easy step-by-step tutorial, thatā€™ll be stellar.

Rennacā€™s recruitment is frankly unnecessarily overcomplicated. Iā€™m stealing this sample from @SirSpensir as an example for how you can do it (make sure the initial conversation ends with a [Yes] selector, like it does here):

1 Like

Thanks for the example! I got everything working with it, but it doesnā€™t deduct gold when I accept the offer. This is how my event box looks. Is there anything I did wrong?

You need to include an event to take the gold from the player (itā€™s called GIVETOSLOT3) in the successful recruitment case.

It worked! Thank you so much for your help!