FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

That palette used on the menu screen ( attack, support , etc) reminds me mine xD ( i mean the one I customized)

All the informationā€™s in the report. Thank you for your time.

It can be cured with a 1-byte correction.
Press F11 to launch the hex editor and rewrite 02833E from 09 to B8.

02833E: B8
//09 -> B8

1 Like

Thanks a bunch, got a chance to test it and it works perfectly now!

After a few months of not working on my project, I got back around to it and updated to the latest skill system patch. Now it softlocks after the PLAYER PHASE banner flashes by without spawning the cursor and allowing you to control anything.

I did attempt to return to a backup and tried updating the skill system again to see if it was just a one-timer but even the updated backup suffered this issue.

Link to the report here.

I made a custom battle screen UI and need to fix up the TSA for the version of it that appears in the promotion animation.

Cult_of_Yarudr.emulator-1

I was pointed towards an FEBuilder patch that allows for editing this, ā€œBattle screen only when singleā€. However, it did not seem to have a way to edit the TSA. Someone elseā€™s FEBuilder had a button called ā€œTSAEditorā€, while in that spot I only had ā€œPaletteEditorā€. I have updated FEBuilder to the latest version and it is still just a palette editor. Why can I not access the TSA editor?

unknown

Screen_Shot_2022-05-18_at_7.18.39_PM

This is a bug and will be fixed.
The TAS Editor does not work very well and we try not to show it as much as possible.
As a result, the leads were completely missing.
Therefore, I will fixed.

Update FEBuilderGBA.

From that patch, select the Graphics Editor (Graphics Tool).

Select the TSA Editor in the bottom left-hand corner.

1 Like

Thanks. Got it all working now.
Rise of Yarudr.emulator-0

I noticed Nihil doesnā€™t work when the skill is set in a weapon against Pavise or Aegis, but when I set Nihil to a character itself it activates and nulls the Pavise. Other skills on weapons work just fine tho, like Rallies or Fury.
Is this related to Pavise blocking the weaponā€™s effect alongside the attack or something?

I canā€™t answer Skill Systems questions.
Because Iā€™m not using Skill Systems.

Very nice work!! I wouldnā€™t be able to make any serious hacks without you :slight_smile:

I have bug reports for some patches:

• None of the Casual Mode patches seem to work.
  • (Nevermind, this was fixed as of latest update!)
  • Modern Character Growth has a version that says it works with Skillsystem, but it cannot be installed. (It says itā€™s missing prerequisites, but I had Skillsystem installed.)

I also have a question: is there an easy way to edit what happens at the end of a battle? I can see the procs and ASM involved when Iā€™m testing, but changing that stuff is too advanced for me.

Thanks in advance!

Iā€™ve been having trouble with playable units having 0 move.
It seems to be when they rejoin after leaving.
Iā€™ve tried replacing the unit with an identical new one, but the same error occurs.
Iā€™ve included a save state for the chapter in which it happens. The character called ā€˜Merryā€™ joins with no move.
Thanks in advance if you take the time to look at this.

How I can make able to implement this custom title background ?
Sprite-0005

1 Like

Use the patch OPLOGO BACKGROUND to insert the picture

Thanks

Most of the Pirateā€™s movement costs are 255, which means theyā€™re unwalkable.

For future reference, send a report when there is a problem. This was a very obvious issue, but if itā€™s something complicated, not having backups can make it difficult to locate the cause of the problem.

Oh, wow that was simple. Thanks for helping.

Iā€™ve noticed a small issue while working on my FE8 hack, on a certain chapter two new characters join at the same time, the event works and I set there items in unit placer. For some reason, one of the characters joins with no items at all even though I have set them in unit placer? I havenā€™t had this issue before.

I encountered an error while testing out certain patches. I was able to fix it, but I still want to create an error report so that the problem can be solved for future FEBuilder versions.

Screenshots

As shown above, Eirika and all other units cannot use the Wait command.

I did some investigating on the patches I used and I believe it was caused by a combination of SkillSystems and this Menu Promote patch.

Up above is the normal Menu Commands when only SkillSystems is downloaded. The list goes all the way to 3F where the Wait option is.

However, when both patches are downloaded the list gets shortened to 3E, which deletes the Wait Command. I can fix this by copy->pasting the data from 3F to 3E before using the patch, but Iā€™m not sure why this list gets affected at all.

Like I said I already solved the problem for my hack, but I wanted to let people know that this error exists. I also attached a report7z in case you want to test it for yourself.

Thatā€™s a known problem.
It happens sometimes when I uninstall a patch that adds a menu.
If it happens, go copy the wait command from your backup.

1 Like