FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I’m a bit confused at how the FE6 droppable items patch works. It says that in order to activate it for a unit, you have to set the bit flag of 0x40 to AI4. Where would that be?

This was because the translation resources were not set up well.
I’ll fix it.

Adding that patch will add a list to this Combobox.

Hello, I have a little problem with a route branch in chapter 9. Could any help me with this? Link of Report

PD: I forgot write this in the report, in any file or Back Up doesn’t works.

When you finish the chapter 9 and want to go the Route B, the game no load right the chapter appears a strange unit phase and strange graphics but with no any unit or any event, when you check the Route A this works right.

I’m not sure what the your question means, but are you talking about MapID 0xB?

I think StartEvent isn’t working because world map skirmishes are happening.
If you disable it in the Map Loading Process, it works fine.

RE6_12-1-22.emulator

1 Like

Hi, I tried uploading my own custom portrait into the game, but for some reason the eyes and mouth would not allign with the rest of the face, even when I tried using the X/Y buttons, they would move more then necessary.

I don’t know what I did wrong since the portrait image has the right dimensions and I followed the tutorial videos as best as I could.

Also sorry if this question is something that has being asked a million times before, but I’m very new to this and don’t know where else to ask.

oh, yeah. I was talking about the chapters with IDs 0x0B and 0x0D; sorry in some pages the chapter “Caught in the middle” and “Escape to Freedom” is called “Route B”.

I changed the option from “Map Loads Node on World Map” to “Map Loads From Anywhere” in the “Map Loading Process” menu in that maps and now loads all right.

Thanks.

When cutting out frames for a portrait, the cut-outs must be exactly aligned to an 8x8 grid overlaid on the original portrait. Otherwise it will be impossible to line them up, because you can only move them by 8 pixel increments.

1 Like

@knabepicer It worked, thank you very much!

Is there any way to set the priority of battle conversations? I attempted to set up a specific conversation between a boss and an inserted character. The conversation works fine, except that it doesn’t trigger until the generic boss quote(that shows up when the boss enters combat with a non-specific unit for the first time on that map, like O’Neill’s “you will be the first to die”) has already been used. I’d like the inserted conversation to be the first to show up, as in the base game where specific conversations take priority over generic boss quotes, but I’m not sure how to do it. I’m using temporary flag 9 for the conversation(since temporary flag 8 is in use for a treasure event on the map), which seems to be how vanilla specific conversations are triggered. I also tried using flag 7 for it, but that made no difference.

The quote list is checked from top down, so the first match will be used.

PersonA alone <--This will be used first
PersonA and PersonB
PersonA and PersonB <--This will be used first
PersonA alone

In this case, the fix for this is to make the battle conversation between two specific characters come before the regular battle quote on the list.

1 Like

Thanks!

bug fix

mGBA_7UreTPWLxt

Replace mms with sms so the unit doesn’t disappear with the give exp patch

What patch should I use? I just need skill system. symbol over character if can talk , and status more than 31

Are you testing the operation of this code?

blh  0x0801a1f8   @RefreshUnitMaps

RefreshFogAndUnitMaps is 0x0801A1F4 , not 0x0801a1f8

Also, when 03004E50 @CurrentUnit is empty, this code will start a runaway.

@ldr r4, =0x03004DF0	@CurrentUnit	@{J}
ldr r4, =0x03004E50	@CurrentUnit	@{U}
ldr r4, [r4]
cmp r4, #0x0  //<-------
beq HideMMSFunc_Exit

Error handling should not be omitted.

1 Like

It is included in SkillSystems, but if you install it separately, you need the following two patches.

NAME.en=HPBars_with_warnings Cache
INFO.en=Add HPbar.\r\nSince it operates alone, it is separated from SkillSystems.\r\nPlease install if you need HP Bar.\r\nfor the slow one that also has the effectiveness warnings\r\nThis version is a high speed version that caches data in RAM.

NAME=ExModularSave with Supply 200
INFO.en=This patch can store statuses over 31.\r\nIt also supports class expansion.\r\nThis save data expansion patch works best with SkillSystems.\r\nExtend save data to make class extension correspond to Debuff system of SkillSystems after 2019.\r\nThis version is an extension of 200 supply.

I did not test it without an active unit. Sorry, I forgot the error handling there. I did test with an active unit giving themself exp and an active unit giving someone else exp.

0x801a1f8 is intentional. I think it’s used in vanilla code somewhere. In pokemblem, using 0x801a1f4 redraws the fog layer every time it is called, which looks funny. It basically hides fog for a frame. Using 0x801a1f8 refreshes the maps as needed without redrawing fog.

I don’t know if this is an issue exclusive to using Danger Radius, but for that reason I usually use 0x801a1f8 instead of 0x801a1f4.

0801A1F4 B500   push {lr}   //RefreshFogAndUnitMaps
0801A1F6 480E   ldr r0, [pc, #0x38] # pointer:0801A230 -> 0202E4D8 (gMapUnit )
0801A1F8 6800   ldr r0, [r0, #0x0] # pointer:0202E4D8 (gMapUnit )
0801A1FA 2100   mov r1, #0x0
0801A1FC F7FF FAF2   bl 0x080197e4   //ClearMapWith

If you call 0801A1F8 with blh instead of 0801A1F4, the stack will be broken because push {lr} will not be executed.
And I think it doesn’t work because it doesn’t assign a default value to the r0 register.
I find it strange that it works in your game.

As far as I have tested with vanilla ROM, your routine hangs with an error.
While investigating the cause, I noticed this address error.

In your game, do you have any special hooks in place for this 0801A1F4?
Unless you have, I don’t think this code will work properly.

Oh, it seems I didn’t realize I was looking at the danger radius code. DangerRadius takes over the function, which I didn’t notice, and doesn’t push lr there. My apologies…

I’ll look into a fix later that is compatible with DangerRadius, then. Otherwise, it probably works to use 0x801a1f4 there.

Edit: I changed it to use these blh instead:

blh 0x08019FA0 //UpdateUnitMapAndVision
blh 0x0801A1A0 //UpdateTrapHiddenStates

Hello. I have a question.
Now,FEBuilder can directly modify the modular status (Mss)?

1 Like

Hello, I’m having some problems with the World Map one more time.

Isles Nodes Problems