FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Beginning Chapter 8 causes the game to crash
The debugger says “failed to load memeory 3”

I think It had a similar problem before.

Since there is no problem in setting the event of the map, it is good to doubt the processing at the time of loading the map in such a case.

Use the MUSC command to change the background music in the middle of a cutscene.

But I don’t think your question means that.
You probably want to change the background music during a conversation displaying the text.
This is quite annoying, but please refer to the example in the event template.

I knew I should’ve checked the templates before asking, heck.
Thanks again!

Is there a simple patch or something I can install with EA to just show the “Talk” bubble above a unit when two units are able to talk to each other on the map? I know it’s included in SkillSystems, but I am trying not to download that entire patch as I’m not using skills in my hack. Is there something simpler that exists that I can install to just have a Talk bubble above units that are able to have conversations/recruit etc.?

It is one of the features of HP Bars Patch.
Use “HPBars_with_warnings Cache” Patch.

Oh that one is perfect for this. Thank you!!

I have a weird issue.
I made a new sword that replaces what was in the hammerne slot. Everything works alrgiht, but… during battle it plays the staff BMG for some reason. Anybody knows why?

You can edit if weapons will play staff music during combat (in the item editor, click “When Used”, then select condition 5=define the type of staff).

I can’t say anything because you don’t attach report7z, but I think the routine to change the music was called somewhere.
If you really want to find out, you can press Ctrl + F5 to launch the no$gba debugger, set a breakpoint at the following address, and find out where you are firing it.

08002448 //Switch BGM (Low layer) void r0=BGM Number:MUSIC //FE8U
or
08002890 //Sound_PlaySongCore //FE8U

This is because if you want to change the sound, you must go through this process.
Therefore, if you are ambushed in this passage, you can always catch it.

If you’ve identified the cause and it hasn’t been patched yet, it’s helpful to just post the address.

no$gba ceahses when trying to load, here’s the report:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mOJG6NvIwmk_PvxyA5wQ03Tjag8KcrwW/view?usp=sharing

Cause code.

Therefore, this setting is incorrect.

Fix

I recommend that you do not overwrite the staff or item, but if you do do, set it up properly.

In your ROM, Item 0xBC and later are not used by Dummy, so I don’t think you need to force the staff to overwrite.

If you’ve used up all the margins in the ItemTable and it’s still not enough, it’s understandable to overwrite the staff you don’t use.
I also don’t use warp or rescue, so I’m crushing it.
However, I think you don’t have to take risks forcibly even though you have a lot of margins.

Huh. You learn that there are new menus in the editor every day.

Do not worry about the staff thing, I’m not using them at all.

1 Like

Hey bro, how to enable this command?

CHECK_ENEMIES is a feature that exists in vanilla.
Therefore, you can use the function without doing anything.

thanks bro.

What option in FE builder can be used to toggle if AI can attack a unit when attack is 0?

this?

NAME.en=Change combat AI to NOT attack If can't damage.
INFO.en=If the damage is not dealt by attacking like FE3, FE4 battle AI, it will be modified to not attack the opponent.\r\nNote: Bug has been reported that uses this patch to prevent enemy archers from using Ballista.
AUTHOR=Stan https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8u-stans-asm-stuff/2376/27

Yup, I think that is it :smiley:
Just have to figure out where to make this change :thinking:

MENU->Tools->Patch

However, after applying the patch, be sure to press the F5 key to check the operation before saving the file.

Thanks. That worked for me :smiley:

So my fe builder kinda uninstalled itself. It’s not a big deal I mean I can just reinstall it but I thought I should let you know. In case you are asking I simply opened the item editor