FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

This has fixed the problem now the prologue is shown on the world map but when it finishes it runs the Event Post World Map Choice of chapter 0x06, which makes it not start my first chapter.

EDIT: I have been able to solve it, I think it helped that I changed some World Map Nodes data and imported the original opening Event from FE8.
Thanks @7743 for all help.

There is a problem where the experience that units get isnā€™t saved between mapsā€¦
report.7z: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O1xQtv3UyDI9yyw760DG3iwYvZxj6wYC/view?usp=sharing

Problem:
Levels arenā€™t saved between maps.
It happens when I test chapter 1, i donā€™t know if it happens on other chaptersā€¦

This is because you are loading the wrong unit.

In Prologue, UnitID 0x30 Cynthia and 0x1D Igrid appeared.
In Ch1, UnitID 0x18 Cynthia and 0x31 Igrid appear.
The names are the same, but the unit IDs are different.
Therefore, they are treated as different people with the same name, and LV and EXP are not inherited.

Thanks, I thought I had checked thatā€¦

Hiya, just wanted to ask how to warp a non-specific character to a location.

I found the ā€œget unit ID from coordinatesā€ command, but donā€™t know how to plug it into a warp command, as they all seem to require given unit IDs. Hoping thereā€™s just an easy command Iā€™ve not seen.

I threw together this solution pretty quick, so hopefully somebody else knows a better way to do this.

Warp Event

This is a ranged event, which you can find in the Event Editor under Always Conditions (Green cursor). Simply set a range of tiles youā€™d like (Or just a single tile, that works too) and assign an event that looks like the image above.

What happens is the game checks if a unit waited inside of the selected range to set off the event.
It then checks the active unitā€™s ID number and goes to a Labeled condition, which warps a unit of the matching ID to a specific tile. The animation itself looks a little strange and thereā€™s no warp sound/effect unless you add it in (Iā€™m not sure how to add the warp animation, but I donā€™t think it matters as long as it has the sound).

There is one MAJOR problem with this, though. If a unit warps to a tile that is already occupied, they will disappear from the map.

Warp Fix

Pillar Showcase

To fix this glaring issue, simply giving each unit a unique warp tile is not enough. You must also make sure that these warp tiles cannot be traversed by any other unit.
The red square in the image above is a Wall Brace, which no unit can move on. Units can warp onto it with the event without issue, which ensures that they have a safe spot that guarantees no other unit will occupy the same space. You could also just warp units into walls or even roofs (like Cath in Chapter 6
of FE6).

Overall, this fix has a lot of problems and constraints. The more units you have, the more unique warp spaces you need to implement. Hopefully there arenā€™t too many units in your hack by the time you try using this event, or else your map may look a little strange with a bunch of walls/pillars in rooms.

2 Likes

ummm ā€¦ At present, it cannot be implemented without a little troublesome processing.
I plan to modify the FEBuilderGBA template later to make it a little easier.

1 Like

Ah so thereā€™s no fix without adding in code for each playable character? Thatā€™s most unfortunateā€¦ I have 19 characters at this point and wanted to fire off like 4 warpsā€¦
The overlapping spawn isnā€™t an issue as itā€™s a turn 1 event so I can guarantee where everything is.
I think Iā€™ll just go with skipping the event then, this is too much work to do for little payoff. Thanks for the reply!

@7743 okie dokie, thanks for replying!

Hello! Have an FEbuilder related question about one of the hacks Iā€™m playing right now. One of the characters has a skill that is not showing up (I mean, FEbuilder says that the unit has a skill, but then when I open the game that particular unit has no skills whatsoever. When I looked at that unitā€™s data in FEbuilder and hover my mouse over the skill icon in question, the skill says 'it is for the enemy army only."

How do I assign the skill to the unit who is missing it? Is there a way I can adjust the skillā€™s data so that it is usable by the player army?

I hope this question isnā€™t confusing, I honestly donā€™t know where else to ask it.

I added it.

Make a unit with specific coordinates

or

Please set as follows.

Note:
This process depends on the UnitID, so it cannot be used for general-purpose enemies with duplicate UnitIDs.

1 Like

First of all, please send us report7z.
Is this a problem with FE8U or FE8J?
From what you are talk, it seems like you are talking about FE8J.
Anyway, please send me a report7z that can reproduce the problem.
Donā€™t forget to describe how to reproduce it.

Ah give this guy a Heroes Crest because heā€™s my Hero for sure! Thanks so much, my event will look much better now! ^^

Okie dokie, I wasnā€™t using it for generic enemies but good to know!

Nevermind, the issue was resolved! Turns out it wasnā€™t a bug at all, just me not totally understanding how the in-game skill system worked.

A classic case of ā€˜user errorā€™

Thanks for the quick response, though!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/168nlWfAiIzOSqeR0MOShGvuAwEWaQTJN/view?usp=sharing
i try opening this up to the public not working but i need help is there anyway u can access this like an email

This is the problem im having

Hello. I saw in the Thief Escape Point menu that there is a notice that says FE6 only has enemy escape points. However, this is not true. The NPC escape points are functional and used in FE6, and the data is located immediately after the Enemy escape point data. 0x5C876C is the Tutorialā€™s pointer, and the amount of entries is the same length as the Enemy data, ending with Royā€™s Trial at 0x5C881C.

I believe this was functional in a previous version of FEBuilder. I remember because the citizens of map 0x1B (Chapter 11B Flight Toward Freedom) escaping from the castle was the first thing l looked at when l found out there were NPC Escape Points. It showed the exact square they ran to and escaped from.

1 Like

This will sound very strange, but Iā€™ve been testing the balance changes that I made to my hack, and the game is acting as though Iā€™ve installed fixed growth mode even though I havenā€™t. The first odd thing I noticed was that every character seemed to be gaining every stat on their 20th level unless a stat had a 0% growth (like magic on a physical unit). Then every single unit had a blank level for their first level in their promoted class. I restarted the chapter several times, and every time, I got blank level ups. I loaded a save state (SS1) and leveled up the healer several times by setting his staff to level him up every time he used it, and his level ups were consistent with fixed growth mode. Iā€™ve never installed the fixed growth patch, so this is very puzzling to me (until today, I tried installing and uninstalling it just to see if that would set things back to normal, but it didnā€™t help). I didnā€™t balance the game around fixed growths, so any help with this would be very appreciated.

Edit: Today I had the thought to check if any of the global flags had anything to do with the fixed growths (I had recently started using them because of a changed mechanic). Apparently setting flag B0 to on puts the game in fixed growths mode. Iā€™m not sure if this is a known feature of vanilla FE8, but I had never heard of it before. Anyway, I took down the link for the 7z because I donā€™t really need it looked at as everything is working as it should.

1 Like

MapID:
00: The Fall of Renais
UnitID:
01:Eirika
Problem:
battle animation 0132 is glitchy

Eirika and seth does not have Battle Animation 0x132.
How can I check the problem?

0x132 is a hand axs motion, so if you set it to anything other than hand axs, it will freeze.

Certainly, it seems that FE6 also has an NPCā€™s escape point.
I added it in the latest version.

1 Like

Hi I have a question about the skill systems patch and the reaver weapons. So in vanilla FE 8 the reaver weapons are supposed to double weapon triangle effects, but when I install the skillsystem patch, in the item editor thereā€™s an option in ability 3 called double weapon triangle. That sounds exactly like what the reaver weapons are supposed to do but they donā€™t have that ability selected by default. I want to know if the reaver weapons still work like normal or if I have to manually select this option to have double effects.

Also another thing, if I want create more weapon locks should I use the Weapon Lock Array that comes with the skill system or Vennouā€™s Weapon Lock Ex. Is one better than the other or are they the same?. Thank you.