FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

As a measure against covid-19, we will carry out a social distance between the ally.

laughs in Coronavirus Emblem, the shitty joke patch I made and probably should have deleted by now but kinda want to update with this in mind

1 Like

I am trying to automatically create a tileset from an image.

Pallet town (for testing purposes)
map

Can FEBuilder insert .BIN files?

After using the GBAFEImage2Map tool by @MisakaMikoto found in this thread, I am left with the last instruction of inserting the result into a rom. The 3 files to insert are tileset.conf.bin, tileset.img.bin, and tileset.pal.bin and apparently Iā€™m supposed to ā€˜LZ77 Compressā€™ it before inserting.

I would be happy to have my image be 256x256 and insert that as the object image with febuilder, but Iā€™m not sure how to create a proper tile config for it. It would be very tedious to map the ~1000 mini boxes of the object manually, so Iā€™d rather not do that.

Perhaps there is an easier way to create a map config file than this? Please advise me on how to proceed.

Thank you very much for your time.

There is no official support for FEBuilderGBA.
There are two choices: insert with EA or insert with hex editor.
Iā€™ll support single-picture maps over time, so please wait moment.

1 Like

That would be excellent. Thank you very much, and please donā€™t feel rushed. Iā€™m happy to patiently wait if youā€™re going to add that feature to febuilder. :smile:

I apologize if this is a bit of a novice question or one thatā€™s already been covered, but is there a way in builder to extend the number of classes (in FE8), or is there a hard bit limit preventing adding more?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw19pd7upnrzh18/redone%20fe4.0.REPORT.20200710125225.report.7z?dl=0
@7743
A have a few visual glitches. Itā€™s explained in the report if you have any questions about it tell me thanks in advance. Forgot to also mention this but the chapter title doesnt wanna show I tried both options that you told me and still

First one is that when a talk conversations occur and I hit (on the gamebody) start the screen turns black.

Since it does not occur in vanilla, it is thought that some patch is affecting it.
Events that get items after a conversation do not have this bug.
This bug seems to occur if it is just a conversation.

As a workaround, you can overcome this problem by modifying the following.

dialog show text..
EVBIT 2
FADU 60

Perform a fade-in by forcibly stopping the start button.
The fade-in is set to 60, but it seems that there is no problem if it is shorter.

Secondly theres another issue with forced promotions annoying showing up the volcano background Iā€™ve set in CG for a few seconds before the promotion occurs.

This is because you have a picture of a volcano in the background 0x35.
In FE8U, the background (BG) 0x35 is used as a completely black picture.

To avoid disrupting the screen with Force Promotion, you can use the Force The Promotion instruction shows BG 0x35 for a moment.
Normally, the picture is all black, but since youā€™ve included a picture of a volcano, it shows a picture of a volcano and The
Move the picture of the volcano in the 0x35 to another and make the 0x35 all black.
That solves the problem.

This question has been asked many times in the past.
Please search the past log.

Basically, FE8U is plenty of room without extending the class.
You can reuse classes of monsters other than eggs and classes of citizens.

If you absolutely want to extend the class, please unlock it from the setting screen of FEBuilderGBA.
Then you will see the extended button on the class screen.

is there a hard bit limit preventing adding more?

In vanilla , The upper limit classes is 0x7F.
This is because the class is recorded in the save data at 7 bits.

The theoretical upper limit is 0xFF, which is an 8-bit limit.
This is accomplished by mass patching.
This was one of the causes of instability in the past.
For this reason, the setting is hidden by default.

Increasing it to more than 0xFF is not possible.

1 Like

I support single image map.

You can import a maximum of 512x512 single-image maps.
However, the tile data must be 256x256.
Identical tiles are compressed as a single tile data.

Above, PokƩmon maps are compressed quite a bit because of the duplicate tiles, and the number of tiles consumed It takes less.

For the worst-value data without a single reusable tile, 256x256 is the upper limit.

In the case of maps, one chip is 16x16, so
512x512 is a 32x32 map.
256x256 is a 16x16 map.

1 screen is a 15x12 map, so the worst value is a wide map there.

f78697962dd80c158a5b324278ef0921f014d0ca

Update FEBuilderGBA.

Done.

If you look at the OBJ image in the middle, you can see that the same tiles are grouped together.
This tile must be 256x256.

Even 512x512 images can be compressed and imported if they have the same tile.

Write map.

I have prepared a preset for single-color painting in the color reduction tool.

6 Likes

I created ver2 of ā€œConvert Chapter Titles to Textā€ Patch.

ver 1 Convert Chapter Titles to Text

ver2 Convert Chapter Titles to Text

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got a question related to FE8. Does it cause any particular problems to increase the animation count beyond 255? I know going above those types of limits is an issue in other areas, but I donā€™t know if it would for animations. I donā€™t need much more than that, at most an extra 10 or 15. Just figured Iā€™d save myself a headache if it frequently causes issues.

Sorry if this was asked before. I couldnā€™t find it if it was.

Would like to know this as well.

In case of the animations, they can go up to FFFF, I expanded beyond FF,and I donā€™t see any problem there yet.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t find any concrete information that could help me with my current issue. I am doing some testing with the program to learn what I can. I have remade Franz into a Soldier, and I was able to adjust the soldier so that it would max at lvl 10 and it can promote to wyvern rider and knight. The problem Iā€™m running into is that upon reaching lvl 10 Franz will not promote from soldier(at the prep screen for the next mission).
How can I set the soldier to function like a trainee class? Is it possible?

If you want other class/characters promote automatically when reaching LVL 10, you have to add a new entry in the ā€œTrainee Promotion Tableā€. Select ā€œToolsā€, a menu will pop up. In this menu, select ā€œPatchesā€. A second window will open.
Click the textfield on the right side of the ā€œFilterā€ button. Enter ā€œTraineeā€. You should now see an entry in the list called ā€œTrainee Promotion Tableā€. Select it and click the ā€œExtended Listā€ button on the right side. Click ā€œReallocate data and repointā€.
Now enter the trainee character, the class and the promotion level in the respective fields.

Alright, thank you for the information.

1 Like

I have a small cosmetic glitch where the Leadership Star icon does not display properly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pyH6ywS1KWnqDcpFiqMmvxjxF5Wij2qS/view?usp=sharing

Your item icon slot CA is empty

2 Likes

leadershipstar uses ItemIcon 0xCA.
Put the star icon here.

1 Like

Got it, thanks.