FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

First, please send report7z to reproduce the problem.
https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guide:febuildergba:report7z

I canā€™t figure out to change the language into english from japanese. Iā€™d attach the report, but I donā€™t know how to when the whole thing is in Japanese. How can I change the language?

How about try downloading the latest version again?

If that doesnā€™t work, try the following:

excuse me i know that this might be a stupid question but i canā€™t find Febuilder in the folder. in which folder is it supposed to be? (iā€™m very new to this sorry!)

If you mean the Google Drive folder, you should find it in the ā€œToolsā€ folder, if Iā€™m not mistaken.

I mean the folder after you uncompress it. i checked the Febuilder gba folder but it just isnā€™t there

The latest version is distributed on github.
Download 7z Archiver.

The crash in itself isnā€™t a problem, but I can always send you a report if you want to adress it (all that is needed is to press start to skip dialogue and the game goes on). I wrote here more to report the fact that blossom, just like imbue which has been reported already, doesnā€™t work at all and, opposite to imbue, the skill doesnā€™t show up in the unit skillset in-game.

Iā€™ve adapted by spreading the growths over 30 levels for Laguz classes (which are just rogue for ravens, wyvern lord for Tibarn and Gwillgi for cats and tigers), with half form usable base stats (I had to give more speed to Lethe and a little more stats to Kiza accross the board for them not to be liabilities since no unshifting means no way to level up faster than a promoted unit). Not here to advertize my mod though so Iā€™ll stop here. I will probably post the patch on Serenes so it can be tested by more people than me and report here if they find more bugs linked to FEBuilder.

Iā€™ve tested up to chapter 5x and it worked fine except the fact that changing the main character requires some more actions than just changing the unit in Unit Placer and in the ā€œmain character for X routeā€ section.

Basically, I donā€™t know anything without report7z.

Anyway, Iā€™d rather have a report7z than a long text.
I understand that you have no intention of promoting the your mods.
Itā€™s very nice to be humble.
But without report7z I wonā€™t be able to solve any problems.
I need report7z to reproduce the problem.
Please enclose the report7z with detailed reproduction instructions, including last save data, etc.

I tried out the translation function, which is a very useful function for Chinese players
But the style of the Chinese font is a bit strange
Is there a solution?

If the stickers of Chinese characters are useful, I think I can provide

Great tool!
I need help with something. How do I do a rebuild?

Thanks!

Issue with chapter titles not appearing ingame in the opening of chapters (I sent a png showing it)

Hi! Why i get that colors when replace texture?

Because you are inserting a picture of a weird palette.
Donā€™t insert a strange palette image.

GBA uses traditional paletted images, unlike regular full-color images.
When editing images, use software that can handle palettes correctly.

This chapter and the next to ā€œguerilla warfareā€ and ā€œthe counterattackā€ have a bug where the opening chapter message doesnt show (this is shown in the png) not exactly sure how to fix it, thanks.

This is because it is in the world map skirmishes.
In world map skirmishes, place names appear in the map name.
The ā€œchapter name textā€ patch does not support place names, so it will be blank.

There are various ways to fix it, but there are mainly two.
(I think Iā€™ve explained it many times in the past)

1. Avoid skirmishes.

2. Fix MapLoadingProcess.

After making these settings, start the game from the ā€œprevious chapterā€.
I think that will solve it.

Is ROM over 30MB?
Is there any error that Lint can find in ROM?
Do you understand the risks of rebuild correctly?
Did you make a backup properly?
Do you have time to playtest from the beginning after rebuilding?

If you can answer yes to this all question, search rebuild with the Advanced menu.

Fonts that do not exist in ROM are automatically generated using OS fonts.
The problem is that the FE font is bold and long vertically.

Therefore, existing fonts are converted using a specific algorithm.
The generated fonts are not so pretty because they are automatically generated mechanically.

There is no free font that matches the letters FE.

Therefore, you need to handwrite the font.
If you write a font by hand, I would be happy if you could share it.

I think Handwriting all multibyte fonts is not realistic.
Therefore, we want to share the results with everyone.

Can I export fonts from an existing Chinese FE ROM?

Also, the fact that the common Chinese characters are around 2500, I think it would be feasible to do this manually, but it would take some time!
If you can tell me exactly how to draw a handmade font, and the corresponding requirements, Iā€™ll try to find like-minded partners in the Chinese FE community!

The Chinese translation ROM uses a proprietary font system.
It is different from the vanilla font system.

Also, the font size is slightly smaller vertically than that of FE.
It is closer to a square than a rectangle.
Therefore, it cannot be simply imported.