FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I think I misspoken. The spell from the open source is broken. The spell I add from the link is normal.

what is ā€œfrom the open sourceā€ ?

I have fixed it so as not to give an error.

1 Like

Ok. Thank you for your assistance.

Is there an option to write data to a specific place in the ROM instead of FEbuilder automatically repointing it?

Currently Iā€™m hacking Fe7 but I noticed my plains tileset data is corrupt. I imported the correct image and pallet data from a clean(ish) Fe 7 rom, but when I write to ROM the changes are saved to 12496BC, which is where tile changes are saved. The correct location for the plains image data is 34C74C.

Regardless of what I do FEBuilder seems set on using the address 12496BC and destroying my ROMā€™s tilechange data. Can I manually insert the plains image data to 34C74C?

Thatā€™s hard.
Images are variable-length data because they are compressed.
In FEBuilderGBA, variable-length data is automatically repointed if it exceeds the existing data size.
Therefore, it can not write to a specific address.

The setting of not repointing can only be done by people who know that there is good data that can be broken after that.
There is no way to tell FEBuilderGBA whether to write without repointing.
In most cases, it is safer to repoint.
Repointing is to not break the data behind.

As a solution, copy paste with HexEditor?
Or, use EA to insert specified ORG.

Because the screen margin is limited, we can not provide a UI that instructs you to write without repointing.
For example, if you hold down the button and press the Write button, will you make a hidden mode like writing without repointing?

Okay thank you. I will go over and use Archā€™s map insertion tutorial.

In FE8 US the max number of support partners each character can have is only 7, is there a way to have more support partners? In FE6 Roy can have like 10 partners.

It is not possible because the data structure is different.
I think that is impossible unless reimplementing using ASM.

Hey, 7743, is there a way to detect if FE8ā€™s on easy mode without having the tutorial? When the tutorialā€™s disabled, there is no way to check if easy mode is activated.

Do you mean ingame?

You can earse it in event.

Is there anyway to extend class list data? I was wanting to add more classes but seems like I cant add anymore then the amount already in the game.

Expanding the class table often leads to a lot of problems. There is a class expansion patch out there, but it changes the way the game saves and can cause problems. It is generally best practice to replace existing classes, as this wonā€™t lead to any of these problem. There are ~120 usable class slots already in FE8, which should be more than enough most of time.

Ahh alright thanks!

Please update FEBuilderGBA first.

Then look at the etc tab of the debugger.

The difficulty level is displayed.
(Because there old version was a display bug, please be sure to update to the latest version.)

I will explain in FE8U.

0202BCF0	@ChapterData strcut

uint v = 0x0202BCF0+0x14; //202BD04
if (v & 0x40)
{
	//HardMode
}

uint v = 0x0202BCF0+0x42; //202BD32
if (v & 0x20)
{
	//Not Eazy Mode
}
           0202BCF0+0x14       0202BCF0+0x42
Eazy:      0x0                 0x0
Normal:    0x0                 0x20
Hard:      0x40                0x20

Hi 7743, it looks like when creating gifs with FEB for Magic users, the looping frames are being ignored and the gif stalls for a bit.

example:

Magic

There are 3 frames after he lifts his hands and the spell circle is gone, but they donā€™t appear in the gif. This occurs when using the L-Loop currently.

I do not know well.
When it comes to frame units, it is necessary to compare the avi and gif animations by frame mode.
Where can I download the mage animation?
Since it takes time to look for the animation, please help reduce the effort.
Please provide a URL.

I want emblem-anims to have the ability to jump by URL.
Each individual animation has a unique URL, and I want an option to move directly.

Iā€™ll add your request to my todo log! This hasnā€™t been added yet actually, itā€™s in a batch of fixes Iā€™m making right now for all C47 animations that donā€™t have L-Loop fixes yet.

Hereā€™s a link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16bxEIIkIpFeLtsiXAQf-dAICatBD-4kA