FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Ill try to explain this the best i can.

So, ive been using FEBuilder for over a year now with no issues, but yesterday I went to update this is where everything went down

Off the bat something seemed fishy, after the update had completed, FEBuilder was deleted off my PC entirely, I then went to reinstall it with the updater that ive had for awhile. The installer seemed normal at first glance but something was off, when i’d try to install FEBuilder it would skip the steps where it asks to set up a emulator and event assembler and go straight into downloading the application. But once the application would download, thats when my Firewall would set off and inform me of suspicious software. When I checked my antivirus, it had warned me of a Trojan on the software and had disabled it.

I get that false flags happen, but ive been using the software for awhile with no issues, and downloading an earlier version worked fine.

I am convinced this is a false positive.
I checked my PC with Trend Micro’s online scan and found nothing particularly suspicious.

The Downloader has not been changed since “ver_20200130.17.1” three years ago.
Unless the server era of github has been hijacked, it is impossible for the contents to be altered.

Therefore, I think the anti-virus you are making is crazy.
Please send a protest email to the developer.

If you don’t contact them to protest and let them know that it is a false positive, it will continue to be false positive forever.
Alternatively, please remove that strange antivirus and use another software that you trust.

Cyren and google are crazy.

2 Likes

Ok, I understand.

This isnt an attack against FEBuilderGBA, I just want others to be more safe than sorry when flags like these arise.

I just want you to complain to the developer of the antivirus you are using.
If you don’t complain, this problem will not be solved.

2 Likes

Ok, noted.

The descriptions for targeting AI in FEBuilder are inaccurate. Here are more accurate descriptions:

00=Soldier/Commander
08=Agressive
10=Jaffar
18=Support
20=Damage
28=FE6 Archers
30=?
38=?

It appears that the current descriptions are based upon a post I made here.

After doing further research I found the proper AI targeting behaviors which I lay out in detail here:
The Official AI Documentation Thread.

I recommend to glance over this post if you have any questions about the targeting behaviors.

10=Jaffar
18=Support

What do these mean?
I think the meaning is even more confusing.
Can’t you change the name to something easier to understand?

Currently it is as follows, which may not be the correct explanation, but I think it explains it in an understandable way.

00=PrioritizeDamage(Accuracy)
08=PrioritizeDamage(Standard)
10=PrioritizeDamage(Max)
18=?
20=PrioritizeAccuracy
28=Archers
30=?
38=?

On the other hand the name you suggested is unclear and incomprehensible.
I would like you to name it more clearly.

If possible, I think it would be a good idea to make tooltips explaining what the options do, or maybe just link the documentation on the options somewhere easy to notice.

Relying solely on names will likely lead to confusion (unless you use very long names).

UnitPlacer has no margins.
However, there is already a link to the document in the detailed Menu’s AI3 (TargetAI).
I don’t know how many people read that.

UnitPlacer needs a concise and easy to understand name.

0x10
Changes behavior during the battle. It is defensive when HP > 20 and at the end of the battle. It is aggressive when HP < 20 and at the beginning of the battle. This is a complicated behavior. Jaffar is one of the only units in GBAFE which uses this targeting AI. You could instead name it Reckless or Complicated or Unpredictable

0x18
Is very defensive. It tries to stay near allies and aims to damage units with low HP. This makes it good for a support attacking unit like a Mage, Archer, or Cavalry. You could instead name this one Defensive.

The challenge with finding good names is that we are summarizing a group of behaviors into 1 word.
For example, 0x08 is like 0x20 except it will prioritize units with low HP and staying near allies.

I am having difficulty finding easy to understand, accurate names.

1 Like

(Please forgive the doublepost.)

To try to put it into the name system you have. I guess that would be

00=PrioritizePosition
08=PrioritizeLowHP
10=Reckless(FE7Jaffar)
18=PrioritizeDefense
20=PrioritizeDamage/Accuracy
28=Archers
30=?
38=?

I hope these names can work.

Edit: 0x20 could instead be 20=PrioritizeAccuracy if the name above is too long.

1 Like

Thanks.
I have adapted it.

2 Likes

Hello. Where can I go to learn how to make a Custom Build for SkillSystems? I’m currently a beginner and I wish to no longer be a beginner.

What do you want to do with custom builds?

Can you write EA and ASM?
If you can’t write EA and ASM, you should not do custom build.
If you don’t know what you are doing, you shouldn’t do a custom build, as stated on the page to download the source code for custom builds.
It will usually either destroy the ROM or waste your time.

To perform a custom build of the skill systems patch, you’re gonna need to learn EA/asm. there are plenty of tutorials on FEU that can get you started. You can search up this tutorial The Skill System and You: Maximizing Your Usage of FE8's Most Prolific Bundle of Wizardry is specific to the skill system

Hi, im having an issue with skill system in FebuilderGBA where Seth and the summoned phantom class share skills. idk how to fix it. Like, if i change one, the other changes with it.

The first step is to send report7z.

Okay I did.

Hi,
I’m having trouble with Chapter 5. It used to work but does not any more. It has been a while since I’ve tested this map and I assume I’ve installed a conflicting patch which has caused these issues – I just don’t recall which one.

I know Chapter 5 can be difficult due to all the restrictions placed on it in the base game.

The issues are:
Map loads with glitched graphics
Units become invisible
Can’t scroll and move the camera

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated. If it can’t be fixed I’ll have to move the level to a different chapter ID.

Report7z:

Thank you.

Chapter 5 “Thee Houses”

Map loads with glitched graphics
Units become invisible
Can’t scroll and move the camera

You forgot to erase the background.
This is a typical symptom of forgetting to erase the background.