FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

As I think I explained, you have not submitted sufficient data.
Please submit the required data first.
You will need the following three things.

Current version of ups.

The first version of ups in which the bug occurred.

The last version of ups where the bug does not occur

You have submitted only 1.
Therefore, I cannot use the diff debug tool to solve the problem.
If can’t use the diff debug tool, I will have to investigate foolishly, and I don’t want to do that because it will take too much time and effort.
If you want to solve the problem, please submit data 1,2,3.

Hi, I have discovered a strange bug where the bgm of the extras menu support room suddenly stopped playing and I cannot figure out the cause. I have attached the current patch, the patch where there was no bug and the patch where the bug first appeared. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I missed your post.
How can I check the problem?
You have not mentioned anything about how to check for bugs.
I think the background music is fine playing in the sound room in the current.ups.
How can I confirm what you say is happening?

Rewards for Automatic Feedback

I am planning to create a feature that will turn on certain flags if the game is running on FEBuilderGBA.
I envision using this to give messages and perks at the opening.
AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG=0x25
AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG_MAPID=0x0

example:

if (Flag 0x25 is ON)
{
	Thanks for running it on
	FEBuilderGBA and 
	Enabling auto feedback.
	Your feedback is very helpful.
	Thank you very much.[A]

As a thank you gift,
	We will receive
	an additional [ToggleRed]Master Seal[ToggleRed].[A]
	Estelle will have it with her at
	the start of the game to
	help you in your game strategy.[A]

//Since items cannot be handed over during the opening event, make the decision again during the StartEvent and hand over the items in secret.
}
else
{
	This work supports auto feedback
	in FEBuilderGBA.
	[ToggleRed]It appears that you are
	NOT playing on FEBuilderGBA.[ToggleRed][A]

If you would like,
	you can play by pressing
	the F5 key on the FEBuilderGBA.
	Please see the Readme.[A]

If you have started
	the game on FEBuilderGBA,
	you could get the [ToggleRed]Master Seal[ToggleRed]
	as a bonus at this point...[A]
}

AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG=0x25
Specify flags to be enabled.
Can be either local or global flags.
Default is 0, which means that none of the flags are enabled.

AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG_MAPID=0x0
Specifies the chapter ID to process to enable the flag.
Default is the prologue chapter.
It is recommended to do this only in the prologue chapter, as doing it in all chapters would be scary if there are unexpected side effects.

https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guid:febuildergba:work_support

The issue is with the extras support room, not sound room. To see what I mean, just install the patch that makes support room automatically available and enter the “support conversations” room from the extras menu. For some reason, the music is completely turned off, the window colour is changed from blue to orange among other strange bugs caused from entering the support room.

I used the patch to change the support room music to song ID E0, but this doesn’t seem to be the issue as it doesn’t work with many different IDs that I’ve tried.

Oh, I see.
I had misunderstood because there was only SOUND ROOM in Extra.

This problem occurred because TextID: 0x26A is a long string.
In vanilla, it is the string “Mark”.
This name is the name of the military leader in FE7.
FE8 also uses this specification and this character buffer is not reserved for very long strings.
Therefore, putting a long string here caused a buffer overrun.

The problem can be solved by not putting a long text in 0x26A and moving it back to the original string, Mark, and moving it to another string.

ups:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/1084886881658994789/Current.PATCH.20230314020805.7z

1 Like

Hello everyone !

I’m currently trying to translate Fire Emblem 6 into French.

I have some problems and I was wondering if someone would know how to solve them.

Here’s the picture used for the status.

I am trying to convert “HP” to “PV” and “Avo” to “Esq”.

But when I launch the game, I have a huge problem with the colors.

Without this modification, I had this with the regular colors.

Does anyone know how to put back the right colors while preserving my text editions please ?

Another concern is the Star Wars-like introduction.

Here’s what I get when I edit it.

Could someone help me to make the text presentable please ?

I suspect you may have destroyed the pallet.
When you edited the png file, did you utilize any decent software that could understand the palette?

1 Like

I’m using Paint.net.

That is a program that is known to not preserve the palette. Even Paint doesn’t.
The usual programs recommended when you need to preserve the palette are Usenti and Aseprite.

1 Like

Thanks, my pallet problem is now solved. :slight_smile:

Now, I would like to translate the main menu of Fire Emblem 6 (with Restart chapter, Copy data, Erase data, New Game, Extras).

Here’s FE7 in french and I’d like to read the same.

But, when I’m searching, it seems, it’s not texts.

I’m looking for pictures but I didn’t find them. :frowning:

I’m also trying to translate this…

… in this.

Str => Puis
Skill => Cap
Spd => Vit
Luck => Ch
Def => Déf
Res => Rés
Move => Mvt
Con => Cons
Aid => aide
Trv => Voy
Affin => Affin (same)
Cond => Cond (same)
LV => Niv
HP => PV
Personal data => Attibuts

I found this.

But, when I’m trying to click on “skill” (bottom right), I have this.

I’d like to convert this (Items, Rng…)…

… in this too (objets, Pté…).

Of course, for the last step, I need to translate “Weapon and Support Level” …

in “Niveaux d’arme et de soutien”.

Could someone help me again please ?

Hi, just a quick question.

I found this patch in FE Builder for both FE7 and FE8
2023-03-21 12_55_44-Patches EXP Value in dance, steal, etc. EXP+10

But there is currently no FE6 variant of it,
2023-03-21 12_56_55-Patches MUSIC_Dance BGM

From some quick testing I got it to double the EXP gain by changing the value 0x0259C6. Is there something non-obvious that doesn’t work with changing this value in FE6?

Hey, most of the things I see that you are looking for are graphics and not texts that you find in the text editor. To change them, you have to find them in the graphics editor of FEBuilder.
Some friends and me have made a german translation for FE6 and we just looked for the graphics in the FE7 rom with an graphic editor so we could export them to import them in FE6.
I don’t know exacly anymore how you can edit the status screen texts, because this was not like in FE7 and 8, but I think they were also texts.
“HP” and “LV” on the other hand are also graphics again if I remember correctly.
So most of the things you are looking for are graphics and no text strings.

Thank you for your answer.

With FEBuilder, I think I searched for thoses images everywhere. I found the pictures of the introduction in the rom, the sleep/bersek status […], the title screen, the ally phase, the player phase, the enemy phase, the endgame, the 4 map zooms, the level up, the arena, the end screen, the game over…

I don’t have a clue for the location of the pictures of “weapon and support level”, “Rng”, “Atk”, “Hit” […].

Can you ask to your friends for your german translation of FE6 how they did exacty please ? I already have exported FE7 graphics from FE7/8 for FE6 (phases for exemple) but I need the location of the other to do the same thing. :frowning:

So I don’t know if I am correct, but did you look under “Tools” → “Graphics Editor” or just at “Tools” → “Graphics Editor” with the “#Image” Search? Because not every graphics are in the patches. What I had to do to change the english graphics into the german ones of FE7 was to look into the “Graphics Editor” of FEBuilder. If you already got the images from the french rom of FEBuilder than that is no problem for you anymore.
I include this picture so you see how it should look

What you can see there is the picture for “personal information” with the german graphics in this case an on the right the “other texts” section. I think FE6 handled this whole thing of “HP” “LV” etc. texts seperately. You should be able to open this editor and just edit the text squares.
I hope this can help you. If this is not, what you looking for I misunderstood you in some thing. I am a bit tired at the moment so sorry for that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a print screen with tools and Graphics editor.

There’s only this picture here.

For other pictures, I’m looking here, in the patch menu.

I’m still stuck. Can you drive me, step by step to find the specific locations I need please ?

Did you try to set a number at the top right of the graphics editor? Because the image you see there is just the first one of… I don’t know how many graphics are saved in the graphics editor.
But if I understand your issue correct. You just have to scroll through the graphics editor and then you should find the images you are looking for.

For example the “Weapon and Supports” graphic is saved at number “BA” in the graphics editor

1 Like

Thank you very much again. :slight_smile:

Thanks to you, I was able to make many changes to the interface to “frenchify” it.
With this picture…

I can do this now ! :slight_smile:

You said you were able to extract graphics from your FE7 german version. I’d like to do the same for “personal information” etc. (BA in my version, not BB) in the Graphics Editors.

But, when I’m trying to open FE7 (european version), FEBuilder is saying this.

How can you open the european version ?

For the texts, everything seems to be fine. :slight_smile:

But there’s still one word. “Sword”…

For no reason, I can’t read “Epée” (Ep$e) in my game. The word is written like all the others…

I thaught, it was because of the $. But the staff (“b{ton”) is working.

I dont’ understand why “Sword” isn’t “Epée” in my game. I aleady save, close, reload etc. It’s still “sword”. :frowning:

I tryed with “Epee” but it’s still written “Sword”.

There’s only one “Sword” in the Other Rom direct text" and it’s very annoying to have only a foreign name in this menu. Do you have the same issue with this word or it’s juste me ?

Thanks again for your precious help !

Yes, you can’t open the european verson of FE7 in FEBuilder. I used a seperate Graphics Editor which is just called “GBA Graphics Editor”. I dumped the images of the european rom from there.
In case of the sword and lance. I don’t know why this is the case. I have to look that up myself to tell you where these are saved because I don’t know anymore. But it is good that you could replace the other graphics for the time beeing.
I will look this up when I have the time for it.

The “sword” and “lance” is set via text. At least it is in FE8, I assume it’s the same for FE6.