FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I’ve found an error on a hack that I’m working on, on the first chapter, when you defeat every enemy but the boss, the game freezes.

Fire Emblem - Project Honor.emulator

ReportZ: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1goZBsBrjR8dfPUDfQNY3ZukuKpf5a8UP/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

This is because Seth is not there.

Press the F5 key to start the debugger.
Then you will find out the problem in less than a minute.

There are three possible solutions

1. make Seth appear
  2. erase this event
  3. adapt this patch
NAME.en=Prevent Freeze For Get Unit State Event 0x33.
INFO.en=Resolves an issue where trying to get the status of a character that does not exist freezes.\r\nIf you get the status of a non-existent character, make sure to return 0 to MemorySlotC.\r\nApplying this patch saves you from having to CHECK_ALIVE every time.\r\nImproves the behavior of the following instructions.\r\n(CHECK_STATUS,CHECK_COORDS,CHECK_CLASS,CHECK_LUCK,CHECK_COORDS,CHECK_CLASS,CHECK_DEPLOYED,CHECK_ACTIVEID,CHECK_ALLEGIANCE,CHECK_EXISTS)

Alright, thanks.

hey! Ive been loving to use fe builder to customize my units and improve overall customization in my gameplay, thanks for making this!

Just wanted to ask, is there a way to remove the 5 supports limits per character with the builder? I always feel like doing all the supports in game like in a modern FE, but most hacks doesnt support this

thanks!

@monk-han I’m pretty sure there is a patch for it. Just search “support limit” or something along those lines in advanced editor > patches.

1 Like

thanks!! I think I was able to expand the limit to 10 supports based on this post Changing FE7 Support Limits

not sure its already working but lets see! Thanks for the reply

I’ve found a bug on a ROMHack I’m working on. Each time that you clear chapter 0(Prologue) the game skips chapter 1 and goes directly to the world map. Any idea of how to fix it? I have been looking though the events and I can’t find what causes this.

ReportZ: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j8GQH8yNP329uMw2CSM8lY2r5SD9lNA1/view?usp=sharing

Once you clear Chapter 0(Prologue), the game just skips Chapter 1, and goes straight to the world map.

First, you are in Map0x3C, not Map00.

And the EndEvent for this map issues MNCH instead of MNC2.
When the first MNCH is issued and the world map is displayed, the event to move to Frelia is initiated.
That is the cause of your problem.

So why did you warp to MapID 0x3C, because you used the LOMA instruction in StartEvent of Map00 to warp to 0x3C.
The problem can be solved by using this LOMA instruction to return to 0x00 instead of 0x3C.

If you really want to create a game on MapID 0x3C instead of MapID 0x00, change MNCH of EndEvent of MapID 0x3C to MNC2.

ups
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/1044310070856532128/Fire_Emblem_-_Project_Honor.PATCH.20221122025307.7z

Alright, Thank you.

Hello @7743, I’ve found a error in the patch “Prevent Exchange Value Items”. When your inventory is full you can send the “value item” to the convoy, that shouldn’t happen right?
I was thinking that it was my mistake, but I testing in a clean rom and the error persists. Is there any way to fix it?
I’ll wait for your answer, thank you very much. :grinning:

Please report the bug to the author of that patch.

1 Like

Hey everyone, i was wondering if there is a Patch or the possibility to make a Patch for FE8, that you can simply set a Unit Base Palette as it is in FE7? Reason for that is, the cap of 7 Unit Palettes and thereby the limitation of only 7 possible classes a Unit could promot to with fitting color palette.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Isn’t seven enough?
If you really need more than that, change each battle animation id in the custom animation patch, not the palette.
I don’t think there are many people with that many custom palettes, so I think it’s more than that.

Hi, i’m new to romhacking and i’m trying to translate FE8 into brazilian portuguese. So far so good, but i’m struggling with the Class reel font and Class name special font. Right now i’m creating the font of characters of brazilian language that don’t exist in those fonts (ã, õ, á, é, í, ó) but I can’t find a way to make the game read it. I tried put these letters in the place of letters unused, but there are only 4 unused.

Right to the question now, is there a way to make the rom read a new letter in those 2 fonts? Create a .png in class reel font and insert on a unused place and make the rom read it, and enlarging the .png on the class name special font for space to create the new letters and make the rom read the space where the new letter is?

ClassReel can only use some letters of the alphabet.
You can use the following patch to set the name exclusively for class reel as in FE8J.

NAME=fe8u class reel alt class name(Installer)
INFO.en=In OP CLASS REEL, add data that can get a new class name for when a class name is written with a non-ASCII character string.\r\nWhen you add this patch, we get the class name from the TextID defined in another table.\r\nIf this value is set, this name will be used instead of the class name.\r\nIf it is undefined by 0, I will refer to the name of the class as before.\r\n\r\nThis patch can also be used as a countermeasure because the name will not be displayed at CC or in the opening Class Reel when using NarrowFont.

i’m using this, but the letters ã and õ don’t appear that way also. And this don’t work with the special font.
i’m going to try to take a few images here to show what i’m wanting to do

You can’t add the class reel font without writing an ASM.
If you must do this, write your own ASM.

As explained earlier, only some alphabetic characters are available in class reel.
All other characters are not available.

so the only way to write a character in the ‘60’ space is writing an ASM? how can i do that? I’m completely new to this

also to write new letters in this image and make the game read it, i’ll have to write an ASM as well?

so the only way to write a character in the ‘60’ space is writing an ASM? how can i do that? I’m completely new to this

I think that font would work well if the list were expanded.

also to write new letters in this image and make the game read it, i’ll have to write an ASM as well?

The only way to get this font is to write an ASM.
Note that I am speaking against this font.
This font is the text that appears in red in the upper right corner during class reel and promotion.

Hi, new here. Just wondering if there’s a way to edit the title screen and show character growth rates in fe6?