FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

What…? No, I don’t remember rebuilding this specific ROM. I have rebuilt another ROM, but I scrapped that project due to badly managed memory space, this is not a rebuilt rom, I swear!
Now I’m going to check if I can replicate what you just did.
Also, this unit was the second one I created, this problem literally came out of nowhere.

If so, it’s just my imagination.
Don’t worry about it.
Anyway, the problem is that this Custom Animation Patch is broken.

1 Like

Thank you, you were right. I uninstalled the old version and everything went back to normal. You’re the best.

Hello - I have a quick question that I am hoping has a simple answer. I want to press Select to show Growth Rates like in the SkillSystems patch, but I don’t want to install this patch as I don’t want to use skills in my FE Hack and this patch is quite extensive on that. Is there a simpler patch/method to get this done? I don’t need fancy colors or anything (though that’d be nice also), I just am looking for the most basic method to display Growth Rates when pressing Select. Thank you for your time.

Probably it impossible.
MSS is part of Skill Systems, so I don’t think it’s separated.

This is the original growth display patch for FE8:

Install with event assembler.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

I’m having an issue where Morva cannot equip his ‘Wretched Air’
I’ve changed very little about Morva or this item, so I expect a patch (or my incompetence) is to blame
Thank you for any assistance

Report.7z

EDIT: Solved, thank you knabepicer.

Having not looked at your report, I would guess that you installed skillsys. In vanilla, Wretched Air requires A rank in monster, and the monster weapon lock has hardcoding to ignore this restriction. Installing skillsys removes this, so the weapon becomes unequippable. Simply reduce the weapon’s rank.

4 Likes

Aha, thank you! When comparing with other monster-type weapons I only saw that they too display an ‘A’ requirement but didn’t notice they all have a 0 value. That indeed fixed it.

Hey bro, I want the enemy to appear every turn, what should I do bro
I know each of these ways but it’s not very optimized.
sorry about my grammar because i use google translate it seems confusing.

If set from turn 1-255 it doesn’t work.

turn the completion flag to 0, when you set a completion flag the reinforcements stop after a single turn and cannot be repeated

Hey, i am trying to play FE8 with skills but i am always getting the Boss Rush chapter,can anyone help me ?

Please use Skill Systems that comes with FEBuilderGBA instead of the github version.

But when i see the skills in FE builder i see that there’s a bunch of skills missing that the git hub version has

Read the past logs as it will be lengthy to explain.
Basically, FEBuilderGBA’s Skill Systems and github verison are a little different.
The two cannot coexist because the text ID assignments are different for historical reasons.
You have to choose one.

Don’t really feel I need to attach a report, since I have a simple question.
How do I change the music during a conversation without loading units in from a later part in a cutscene?

thanks bro

Hello, I have another simple question. I am trying to check if a unit is in the players army to run an event. First I check if the unit exists, then I check the unit’s allegiance. But I can’t seem to get it to work correctly. Here is what I have simplified:

It’s possible I just don’t know what values are returned for Check Allegiance (i.e. I may not know what value is for player party, what value is for neutral, and what value is for enemy). The unit starts off in a neutral army, so I could probably make it so that if it returns neutral, go to CID 0x1, but I’m just not sure how to do it properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

How do I make the map music continue into the battle? No matter what I set the Player Battle BGM to (FFFF or 0), it mutes itself when the battle starts.
Screenshot (2438)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18gmHG43tReJqfgKEf2MMVwuqToJ0lCkE/view?usp=sharing Report 7z if needed