FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

To help clarify, when you say “…the reinforcements specified in Hector Hard Mode are also displayed in Hextor Normal Mode,” do you base that off of what you saw in my UPS patch on Chapter 13? I realize l made new unit spawns, but l failed to separate the Events, so the dragon spawns in Hector Normal Mode way later at turn 7 because of the Event left over from vanilla.

Anyway, in my provided test scenario, the important part is what happens on the 2nd Turn. Two assassins and a bandit spawn on Everyone’s Hard Mode because their Turn Events use 0x05. A dragon joins them on Hector Hard Mode because that uses 0x04. I tested every combination and this held true for all of them.

I do not have a Japanese version of FE7 on hand, so l cannot speak for that version at this time. l would like to believe they act the same, but…

Having trouble using Sappy to play music. When I click the musical note icon, It says, “Please wait,” but then nothing happens.

I’ve left all folders in their default locations. I’ve gone into Settings>Options and Referenced the sappy.exe file, and saved it several times. I’ve also reinitialized setup.

Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: My bad, here’s the reportZ:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u6xn9LgP4gFeLI7-YQKh-mNiKDscWqdp/view?usp=sharing

Try reinstalling sappy. This has worked for some people

Try reboot your PC.

The sappy process may still be there as zombie.
If you see a process called sappy running in Task Manager, kill sappy once and for all.
The quickest way to do this is to reboot your PC.
The fastest way is to reboot your PC, as this will kill all the processes.

If that doesn’t work, try VGMusicStudio instead of sappy.

1 Like

Will try VGMusic Studio. Thanks a bunch

Edit: VGMusic Studio works like a charm!

@7743

I feel like this should be included in FEBuilder at base now that Teq has released it. This will really change text editing in romhacks going forward.

4 Likes

Hi, i am trying to use the skill system in fe8 and now strenght and magic are split in 2. I noticed that magic it’s not influenced by difficulty settings in chapter editor. How can i fix it? Thank you

I think it’s a Skill Systems issue, so there’s no way to fix it.
You have to wait for the problem to be fixed on the Skill Systems side.

Where can I get sappy and event assembler?

MENU->Tools->Settings->Init setup wizard

thanks, also, where can I change the stats display screen?

Hello all, I’ve been having an issue where items are randomly gaining +22 stat boosts(HP usually) that I can’t fix. There doesn’t seem to be a common thread between them either that I can see.

Make a report.7z and upload it, link it here. Chances are very slim that anyone will be able to help you without one.

Whoops.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3dpetl0lii93ul/Fire%20Emblem%20Bandit%20Story%20%28Patched%29.REPORT.20210411133612.report.report.7z?dl=0

There it is.

I cannot download the file.
When I access the page, It asked to login.
Please make it possible to download the file without logging in.
Alternatively, if the file is less than 8MB, you can send it via discord.

Should be good now.

Some items for some reason have +22 in a given stat, usually HP, even when there’s no stat boosts on the item.

Please specify the item name (item ID).
I don’t know which item it is.
Also, specify the unit ID of the unit that owns it.

81, 82, 85, 92, and BC are the once I know have the problem. I named all of them “Glitched” to mark them, except for the BC item which is “Poison”.

If the unit who “owns” them means the one who’s holding them, in Ch 1, (01) is holding 85, and (0B) is holding BC. The others aren’t on anybody yet, but 81 showed this on (01), and 82 and 92 happened on (0E) when he equipped them.

Turns out the world map is a very complex and (for me) fragile creature. I don’t think I’ve ever been more confused in hacking. I’ve been trying to study how the world map of FE8 works, I read the tutorial that explains the basics for it with FEBuilder, and learned about some kind of hardcoding around Frelia Castle, found a way around it sorta. Problem is, I just have no idea where events are being called from. None. And trying to change where things point to later in the game somehow broke stuff before it, not even the intro runs anymore.

The problems at present are, well… Starting a new game skips the intro where it shows Magvel’s territories, and instead loads you onto the world map on border mulan, then draws the road between (I think?) Ide and Borgo Ridge. No idea why, I haven’t touched the intro again since my first edits 100 versions ago and it was working until recently.

Going onto problem two. Included is a save file of the third map, Ghost Town. It’s supposed to be where the player actually enters the world map after beating it, as I tried to circumvent the Frelia Castle issue a bit? Problem is that once you clear the chapter and load into the world map, it kinda goes crazy and just starts loading multiple different events one after another.

First, the player loads onto Border Mulan when they’re supposed to be on Port Kiris. Then it loads Frelia Castle onto the map. I don’t know why. It runs the right dialogue then, but as soon as the two lines are done, it loads the vanilla event with Colm.

I’ve tried to keep my tampering a little on the minimal side so far but the world map has proven to be a lot more fragile than I ever imagined. I’m at a complete loss on how to fix this because I don’t understand where I broke it. I have backups from further back that I can and could go back to if needed, but the problem would just happen again in time because I’ll have to set up the world map eventually.

I’d like to know as much about the issue as possible. If I learn exactly what I did here, I think it’d really help me understand how to handle the world map a lot better after this. I realize the events are probably very messy though and I apologize for that in advance!

This is due to the fact that you expanded the item table and then forced it back.
The vanilla item table is at 0x08809B10.
In this ROM, I think it was placed at 0x0932C844 once, and then forcefully moved back to 0x08809B10.
But some of the references are pointing to 0x0932C844.
Since different data is placed at that position, the wrong data is being read.
This is why the wrong statbooster occurs.

fix
016410: 10 9B 80 08
016440: 10 9B 80 08
1C1FD4: 10 9B 80 08

UPS
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/831828257803993098/Fire_Emblem_Bandit_Story_Patched.PATCH.20210414184231.7z

And there are various other problems with this ROM.
The biggest one is that there is no OP title.
Even though it uses 256 color OP, the data is not set.
If you don’t need it, please uninstall this patch.
If you want to use it, import some appropriate data.