FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

bug was found in the routine.
Please update again.

It worked, thank you! My last question is do you know what’s the maximum deployable units for FE6 so that I don’t accidentally go over it? Is it 35?

Probably 50 like in the other GBA FE’s, but I’ve not tested it.

something wierd’s goin on at event id 12A9548
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JILj9ET4Zlz-tqA4q2onX1B3NiMiLQf_?usp=sharing
it’s in chapter 3

I was unable to download this file.
Do you have it set to public?
Or use another uploader.

I changed the link to “editor” see if that works https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JILj9ET4Zlz-tqA4q2onX1B3NiMiLQf_?usp=sharing

Problem:

something wierds goin on at event id 12A9548

How does this event occur?
I couldn’t confirm it because I didn’t know how it occurred.

I couldn’t confirm the operation, so it’s a general answer.
You wrote the label value incorrectly.

This is the event you wrote.

Let’s take a look at the vanilla event.
The label is written correctly unlike your event.

Perhaps your event will work if you modify it as follows:

However, I haven’t tested it because you haven’t written the conditions for the event to occur.
If it doesn’t work, please specify the necessary items and consult again.

Does anyone know I’d go about creating an escape point in a map? I’ve got the patch for it, just unsure how to implement it to lead to the end event.

There is a link in the patch description section.

1 Like

I want to make this D1 soldier that’s from the trial map and customize it to use as my own unit. My question is in this case I changed it to a cavalier, and want to give it a palette for cavalier and paladin for when it promotes, but this message pops up when I try to upload a palette it says “Press New Palette Assessment” but I don’t know where that is. Thanks.

That option doesn’t appear for me, am I missing something for it to pop up?

It probably isn’t a supported febuilder feature for fe6, then. Most custom hacks are done on fe8, so fe8 has way more features.

Bummer, but at least that explains it thank you.

You don’t seem to have actually selected a palette entry (I see no identifier). Click extended list to actually add new palettes and try creating one there.

2 Likes

Hiya, first time poster here!
So I have encountered an odd ‘bug’? I’m not too sure what’s provoking it, but I have been noticing Tile Change slots have just begun appearing on the chapter I am working on (it has reached 36 entries now).

All I can remember was adding 4 entries to the chapter to do my chests and doors, then I thought to go back and wipe out some entries on old chapters that I forgot to remove. A little later I saw my current chapter was up to maybe 8 give or take, then like 12, and now it’s getting ridiculous…

Any help with this would be excellent as I currently fear adding any more changes to my project!

First, you need attach report7z, as mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

1 Like

Sorry about that, I’ve attempted to go through the report method and linked the file here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tRS1kyXPG1UdKLpSElVxW1GDRo7uCzvV/view?usp=sharing

I encountered an issue during the report, where the software didn’t accept the clean rom I was using. I have downloaded another one in order to continue the process but do not know if this will affect things.

I think you are corrupting the end data of TileChange.
It is TileChangePLIST 0x3A with MapID 0x0D and the address seems to be correct.

This method can be used when the address where TileChange is stored can be trusted.
Set the ID of the first TileChane data to 0xFF.
0xFF is a mark to indicate the end data of TileChange.

After that, assign a new address from MapEditor.

I think that this is probably the correct data so far.
Use this data as the end data.
(If this data is defined as another data, then use the previous data as the end data.)

If you close the window and check again, you will see that the termination data is working properly.

UPS
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/812073202397347850/FE8_-_Project09.PATCH.20210219041417.7z

1 Like

Thank you for looking into it! I’m not 100% sure I understand all the details as I’m still relatively new, but some of it makes sense…

I assume the UPS link is a patch I can apply to fix the issue? If it is, I’m sorry but I’m unsure how to apply it!

EDIT: Sorry never mind! I looked again at your explanation and I think I fixed it!

So can you tell if it just an unfortunate corruption? Or did I do something that created the problem? It’d be best if I don’t do something like this again haha