FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Great tool!
I need help with something. How do I do a rebuild?

Thanks!

Issue with chapter titles not appearing ingame in the opening of chapters (I sent a png showing it)

Hi! Why i get that colors when replace texture?

Because you are inserting a picture of a weird palette.
Don’t insert a strange palette image.

GBA uses traditional paletted images, unlike regular full-color images.
When editing images, use software that can handle palettes correctly.

This chapter and the next to “guerilla warfare” and “the counterattack” have a bug where the opening chapter message doesnt show (this is shown in the png) not exactly sure how to fix it, thanks.

This is because it is in the world map skirmishes.
In world map skirmishes, place names appear in the map name.
The “chapter name text” patch does not support place names, so it will be blank.

There are various ways to fix it, but there are mainly two.
(I think I’ve explained it many times in the past)

1. Avoid skirmishes.

2. Fix MapLoadingProcess.

After making these settings, start the game from the “previous chapter”.
I think that will solve it.

Is ROM over 30MB?
Is there any error that Lint can find in ROM?
Do you understand the risks of rebuild correctly?
Did you make a backup properly?
Do you have time to playtest from the beginning after rebuilding?

If you can answer yes to this all question, search rebuild with the Advanced menu.

Fonts that do not exist in ROM are automatically generated using OS fonts.
The problem is that the FE font is bold and long vertically.

Therefore, existing fonts are converted using a specific algorithm.
The generated fonts are not so pretty because they are automatically generated mechanically.

There is no free font that matches the letters FE.

Therefore, you need to handwrite the font.
If you write a font by hand, I would be happy if you could share it.

I think Handwriting all multibyte fonts is not realistic.
Therefore, we want to share the results with everyone.

Can I export fonts from an existing Chinese FE ROM?

Also, the fact that the common Chinese characters are around 2500, I think it would be feasible to do this manually, but it would take some time!
If you can tell me exactly how to draw a handmade font, and the corresponding requirements, I’ll try to find like-minded partners in the Chinese FE community!

The Chinese translation ROM uses a proprietary font system.
It is different from the vanilla font system.

Also, the font size is slightly smaller vertically than that of FE.
It is closer to a square than a rectangle.
Therefore, it cannot be simply imported.

GitHub has a project about translate TLP.
I contacted the author of the project and he has given up on it, see if you can use this as a reference
I tried to use it.
Here’s a rendering.

Besides, there’s a tool that can import Chinese fonts, but it’s for Pokemon.

Not really sure why this happens, I can’t import any kind of hover map anime, and it keeps giving me the same error over and over.

the only thing I can think of actually, is that this patch is supposed to fix it, but I have no clue what conditions I have to meet.

Huh, and I just found out it shows the same error when adding more items.
Cattura3
These are the patches that I have installed, is one of them causing this problem?

Please attach a report.

https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guide:febuildergba:report7z

“EndWeaponDebuffTable” is generated because the internals of Patch2 are old. This is an issue that has been around for a while.
Last year, SkillSystems’ support for strmag splits led to debuff table has been changed from 3 to 4.
With it, EndWeaponDebuffTable has been changed from EndWeaponDebuffTable3 and EndWeaponDebuffTable4 in the first place.
Please download FEBuilderGBA again.
If that doesn’t help, please send report7z.

I don’t think this font is a GBAFE font.
The GBAFE font is rectangular.

Example: 騎
フォント fe8.gba_Serif_騎

I redownloaded it and now it works, thank you for your time !!

Okay, so can that be in hand-drawn and what form of documentation should I provide you with?

Sorry if this is somewhere above, but I’m having trouble getting a defense chapter to work. I’ve set a Range and tried a few of the events the template offers. I’ve got it to work for where if a unit reaches the point you get a game over, but I can’t quite figure out how to lead into the chapter end event.

Again, sorry if this has been covered.

In the ASM events, there is one called Chapter End. There should be a pointer for that event that you can point to in your other even.

1 Like

Thanks for that answer, I tooled around with it and had trouble finding a correct pointer but eventually found a different solution.

If you’re someone looking for how to make a Defense Chapter or a Defend Chapter (trying to make it easily searchable) here’s what I did. In the Turn Condition of the “Event Condition”, you can create a turn condition that runs on an enemy’s turn and create an end chapter event using the template that pops up if you hit new event, or you can just paste the end chapter event you probably have in the “Always Condition”

1 Like

I have a report issue here regarding a range condition and tile changes not happening, that I think has to do with conditional branching not working as intended. Any help would be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YOWfAS6KazV_VVQYWFNDp1ppyh0vYRwA/view?usp=sharing