FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Don’t worry about the SAL merc dump, I fixed that as I was adding it to the repo.

1 Like

How many people have the abbility to modify the repo BTW?

If you include the creator, four people.

Yeah, kinda weird how this all turned out since I didn’t set out to make Fergus at first. You see, I made this portrait for my own ROM hack:

Then I noticed he had a striking similarity to Fergus, plus a friend of mine needed a Fergus portrait for a different ROM hack group I’m in, so I decided to full ascend and, well, you see the results for yourself… Oh, and once again, shoutouts to ltranc for helping with the mini mug and getting the colors right, otherwise Fergus would’ve looked like this:

Btw, although I don’t see why you’d use these as one as it’s for a specific character in my own ROM hack and the other is frankly an inferior version of Fergus, but I don’t mind if you use/edit either one.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d probably make my own fergus if I really wanted to have one. Yours is still good though ;).

1 Like

Thanks man!

1 Like

I have a question for @Nuramon (i don’t know to tag people, still new to this site) have you considered for your brave hector sprite, giving it bow animations or a unique animation set for the maltet or Durandal?

I have considered giving him a unique animation/sprite for Maltet, yes. And I might do that in the distant future.
But for Durandal and bows, no I haven’t and prolly won’t tbh.

That animation is extremely jumpy. Pay attention to the shadow position of the feet when attacking. It shifts position by several pixels from left to right.

4 Likes

I may be unobservant, but isn’t the shadow the same as normal Salvaged Mercenary?

Yeah I cannot perceive a difference.
Sword-2
Sword

2 Likes

No the shadow definitely jumps only on the ranged animation for the female. Its really small but its there.

2 Likes

Yeah, much better. You fixed it!

1 Like

Does that mean we might see a Myrrh to Chicken™ animation soon

That would be very possible. Grape flavored chicken.

Also, is this intentional, or should I fix it?

I ask because while this one looks a bit nicer imo, it lacks the shading at the bottom that the next frame uses.

I think that frame is supposed to be there, maybe. Lemme check them.

Nope, something went wrong

I’ll try to fix it by importing the frame from Terraspark’s one over it.