FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I don’t really know, since assassin animations are labeled as “Sword” too, and this one is based on them :confused:

Well, your Sword animation depicts the Whisper throwing the sword, so…

Yes, but usually “Knife” animations is just for throwing knives. The sword animation includes both the sword attacks and the knife throw for ranged, so I think “Sword” is more valid in this situation.
(Also, sorry for the akward pause, my internet sort of broke down momentarily XD)
Also, I fixed the link.

Let me clear this up.

The animation names are for broad categories. If you’re using a sharp slashing weapon, it’s a sword. You can further use parentheses to specify different types of swords.

For example

1. Sword (Knife)

2. Sword (Katana, Magical)

The important thing is to convey the type of weapon the animation uses, then if there are similar animations for the class, subdivide them so newcomers can easily tell how these animations differ.

In the case of the Whisper, it uses an Assassin movement as the base, with a bunch of new stuiff added on top. Therefore it goes in the Assassin folders.

Next, it seems to have throwing knives, but the two animations differ somewhat and I’m not certain in what way. What we need is to figure out what those differences are and label them to be more clear.

Does that clear the issues up?

2 Likes

It kind of does. I’ll edit the name then for clarity. Thank you!

1 Like

By the way, is there any way to contact St. Jack, the guy who made Master Knight? I can’t find him in this page or Serenes Forest. I made an improved version of the magic animation, but I don’t want to share it without his consent. Can anyone help me out? :v

St Jack is in the Japanese community. You may post the updated version here and we’ll make sure to credit him. From what I understand, (and I’m certainly not an expert but I have spoken to people in the Japanese community) most Japanese hackers would be ecstatic that updated versions of their anims are available for no work. They had us beaten in the ‘sharing culture’ by a decade. We’re only just now catching up in the last few years.

5 Likes

It’s added now, along with a few others from earlier. Whole thread should be up to date in the repo now!

3 Likes

Hey guys, is it realistically possible to have Dragoon model as the soldier on a Wyvern Lord? I think it would look very cool, but unfortunately I don’t have the skills to do it

Wouldn’t a Dragoon on a dragon be redundant?

1 Like

redundant but not any less cool looking

1 Like

It’s perfectly possible but you’ll have issues with the 16 color limit, methinks.

Not a problem if you repalette the wyvern to use the same colors.
But that means you would have to mimic the animation from scratch, and considering wyvern lords use 3 weapons that will take several days, if not weeks :confused:
But it is possible.

Well, it would look awesome for some kind of elite unit or even a Lord unit, I think. Maybe I’m just biased because I love Wyvern Lords in these games

Wow, that’s a lot of work. I wish I had the talent to do it. Thanks for explaining!

Maybe I’m just biased because I love Wyvern Lords in these games

I also love wyvern lords in FE games and dragoons from Final Fantasy.

On a second thought, I might give it a shot once I’m done spriting reaver, since I need a Tier- 3 wyvern too. No promises though XD.

That’s great to read, even tho it is just a maybe hahaha. Well, in case you do it, I thank you already :slight_smile:

Can’t extract the wyvern vanilla + weapons folder because the names are too long???

Try extracting them into a higher-level folder. Also try shortening the extracted folder’s names when you extract.

If you extract them deep into your computer, name length can occasionally be an issue.

1 Like

Is there any Ashnard portrait?

I’m like 100% sure there is, but I doubt it’s in the repo, and I don’t know if it’s F2U or not. You’ll have to search the forums.

Edit: Non-repo related.

Before:

After:

I spent the better part of the last two days updating the character editor for FE8. I actually used Github and pushed it through, so now that 7743 has merged it, it should be available for everyone to use!

Update:

Class Editor, now. Before and after.

9 Likes