FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BQ6aPvXONW-C94Avm5gfuCQHSg8rqlHG

And here it is! Hopefully the animation works!

5 Likes

The site is really really darn helpful and I’m quite thankful for all of these resources, but there seems to be one problem.

All of the files have their moving map anims removed I believe?

Um… no?

I’m not sure if these are from the site or from the ones in this thread, but the ones I got from the site only had the battle animations with their palettes and some credits. Could just be the case for the few I downloaded though as I didn’t download all of them.

In the Welcome message of the webpage there is a link to a Google drive folder of the whole repo. You’d want to go to Graphics>Map sprites from there and search what you are looking for.

How would I find the affinity palette in FEBuilder so I can change it to be compatible with this? Because those are great but I don’t know how to get them to look good in-game

Advanced Editors -> System Icon -> Icon tab, should be the third thing on the list (shows the weapon rank icons)

The item icons palette is the last one in “System Palette” tab on that same “System Icon” editor.

I tried importing a satisfactory palette, but it just comes out looking wrong.
edit: The palette I imported checks out, but apparently that isn’t enough?

Have a look at how this project which uses those icons did it: https://github.com/Kirbseverywhere/Fire-Emblem-3-Universes/tree/576e6e5125a0ca06cf26327d01281cd9eebb378d/Graphics/ItemIcons

Specifically you’ll need to download “WeaponIconsPal.bin”, and install it using this bit of EA code (you can save this as an .event and use “Install with EA” to import it to FEBuilder):

PUSH
//Weapon Icons Palette
ORG 0x35D0
POIN WeaponIconsPal

ORG 0x35E8
POIN WeaponIconsPal

ORG 0x885CE
BYTE 0x2

ORG 0x885E8
BYTE 0x2

ORG 0x8D070
BYTE 0x2

POP

ALIGN 4

WeaponIconsPal:
#incbin "WeaponIconsPal.bin"
MESSAGE Weapon Icon Palette is at WeaponIconsPal

thanks!

Ah I see now! Thank you so much

Ah, yes, the terrifying enemies known as Buk-buk and Buh-gawk.

8 Likes

Rumor has it if you defeat them, you can control the enemy for a turn

3 Likes

Could you make one for mimic?

1 Like

Like a chest mimic?

yup, that is what I want to mention.

I have no idea how to do something like that and make it look good. If anyone wants to try, feel free to do so! You can tweak any of these without asking me for permission.

Isn’t there already a unique monster animation for a fake chest?

Yes, but zerorock is asking for a class card that corresponds to that animation.

nicely done man

2 Likes