FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

It’s okay now, thank you very much for your attention!

So decided I wanted Lyn to look more like her sprite so here it is! Lemme know if you like!
Also free to use if you want haha.

Lyn%20Repalette

3 Likes

Hey all, just wanted to ask something real quick. So everything in here is usable for a personal project as long as it’s properly credited?

7 Likes

Yes, that’s what these are intended for

@Klokinator we might want to make the f2u w/ credit nature of everything clear near the top of the OP. It’s definitely implied, but it might make new people feel more immediately comfortable to have it explicitly added.

Both emblem-anims and the google drive have been updated with all the newest content.

3 Likes

Done. Added some pizzazz, too.

1 Like

isthisme

I spent the last… while… rebuilding the C47 looping animations with L-Loops. The end result? All Magi animations are insertable now (barring a few that break the smaller OAM limit in FE6, maybe 7?). I also redid some of the ‘fixes’ that had been done previously to use the proper frames that the C47 loop used. Now you can enjoy all the magi animations regardless of what game, so I removed the “+FE[x]” notation from descriptions. Magic to your hearts content!

Check out this list below or just search my username on the site to find all 20 updated animations!

List:

T0
Pupil - {Vanilla}
T1
Mage - FE6 Lilina {Vanilla}
Mage - FE6 Male {Vanilla}
Mage - FE7/8 F {Vanilla}
Mage - Ponytail F {Lisandra_Brave}
Mage - M {Vanilla}
Shaman - FE6 Repalette F {Markyjoe, Feaw}
Shaman - Hoodless + Staff M {Temp}
Shaman - Vanilla + Staff M {Vanilla}
Shaman - FE6 F {Vanilla}
Shaman - Vanilla FE8 F {Vanilla}
T2
Sage - FE6 +Fix M {Vanilla} - Already fixed
Sage - FE6 Lilina +Fix {Vanilla}
Sage - FE8 F {Vanilla}
Sage - FE8 M {Vanilla}
Sage - Limstella Alt {FE7if} -
Sage - Vanilla Nino +FE8 {Vanilla}
T3
Archsage - Athos +FE8 {Vanilla, Blademaster}
Necromancer - Dark Druid Nergal +FE8 +Staff {Vanilla, Orihara_Saki, Blademaster} - Just vanilla magic
Necromancer - FE8 Lyon {Vanilla} - Magic and staff
Necromancer - Generic M {Eldritch Abomination} - Magic and staff

Back to the regular updates now~

8 Likes

I just tested this in a basically untouched fe8 rom with only the csa system implemented and it worked flawlessly (runes, timings, etc). Interesting issue. Regardless, thanks for cleaning it up. It looks much smoother. :ok_hand:

Does anyone know if there’s a way to make separate class palettes without having to create a whole new class. Like, id want to have Black Fang enemies have black or purple colours, but also have different enemies of the same class have different colour palettes. Is this possible?

I know it’s possible and there’s other hacks that do it but it’s not something I’ve tried myself yet.

The only way I know of doing this is to manually give a specific character that palette. For instance

The soldier at 80 would have Neimi’s palette. (or whatever palette you set it to.)
I have no idea how you would do this with buildfiles.

Hmm alright. Ill have to try it.

To do it with buildfiles you could use my Battle Palette Rework, which lets you assign any number of class palettes to a given unitID. So you could use a handful of unitIDs for Black Fang and give them a purple palette, then another handful for a red faction, etc.

2 Likes

You can also just use multiple unitIDs - each one can have palettes for up to 7 classes so I doubt you’d need more than 2.

1 Like

Hmm I don’t fully understand. How would I go about doing this?

Have you ever thought “this FE game needs more Dragalia Lost in it”? Well, neither did I but I did it anyways. Love how this turned out
Midgard

4 Likes

does that fit in the hackbox?

I actually checked and it doesn’t : (
Well, time to try and fix it…

Well, after a bit of trial and error, I came up with a working version of Midgardsormr
Midgard3
the wing wouldn’t fit no matter what I tried, sadly…
I ended up making the “mouth” frames the little tuft of hair to the right, and that worked as a work-around for the hackbox limits. I’m at least happy it works now : )

6 Likes

Hell, it looks great! Thanks a lot, also, when is your hack out?