FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I never knew how beautiful Lyn Could look with a head band. I also like the right one alot with the big long earings that look like feathers

1 Like

This to me is what Lyn as a Queen would look like with her hair down it make her look so noble and lady like. You did great man. I love it. I can imagine Lyn having her hair down in one of her personal moment with her husband.(Hector or Kent I donā€™t know your head Canon)

3 Likes

Been wanting to see the Battle Animations for Lords in the github repo but in both Safari and Chrome there seems to be an issue with the webpage only for the Lords sections, is it happening for others too?

again

I can feel Dancerā€™s pain from here LMAO

9 Likes

I wonder if there is a way to auto-categorize posts. If a post is just text, without links, images or other attached files, it should get sent here.

3 Likes

In light of recent events regarding the repo discord and all that fun stuff (not hashing anything out), I just wanted to say that I intend to host and maintain my own backup of the repo in the event that it is weaponized or whatever and subsequently removed from FEU. As such, my backup will be divided into two sections, one called Old Repo and one called 6-20-onwards to ensure that it remains ā€œcleanā€ of any site or discord politics.

On that note, in order to ensure your peace of mind and the backup repoā€™s stability, Iā€™m going to refrain from posting in any discussions here or on any FE forums from here on out (though Iā€™m only on this one anyway), aside from asking for or offering technical help, or answering questions about the backup repo. This is to minimize risk of me/the backup repo being banned for any reason. Not that I plan on starting trouble or ever engaged in politicized discussions to begin with really, but itā€™s simpler if I just bar myself from it in the first place so nothing can happen at all. And Iā€™m not in any discord servers aside from my FF14 free company one anyway so thatā€™s a non-issue.

The old repo is a backup made of the repository as it exists today, right now, 11:45am Eastern US time on 6-19-24. It has had/will have any links to the repo discord removed from it, if any were missed please bring it to my attention. The 6-20-onwards folder will only begin adding resources starting tomorrow onwards, hence the name. If you want to make sure your submissions are kept backed up in case the worst should happen, Iā€™d wait until tomorrow to submit any, or quote your post(s) and tag me here in this thread so I can easily find them.

A few miscellaneous things to note:

1. Iā€™m no gitwizard. The purpose of this backup is not to be as functional or pretty as the current one, it is to be a raw backup option and nothing more. Iā€™ll keep the folders and things organized the way they currently are for consistency but I donā€™t know the first thing about how all the fancy previews and extensions and all that work. If this backup is ever used, youā€™ll just have to navigate the folders manually. Iā€™m hoping it never has to be used, though.

2. From what I understand, not all sections of the repo have been kept as up-to-date as some others have. If you have missing resources from any sections of the repo that arenā€™t in it currently (again, 6-19-24) you can quote your post submitting it and tag me in this thread and Iā€™ll add them to the 6-20-onwards folder in the backup.

3. Iā€™m going to be crediting submitters from 6-20 forward as their name is written here on FEU. If you want to be credited by another name, please say so in your submission post! And please do it each submission. If you submit something and request a different credit, then 150 posts later just submit a resource by itself, Iā€™m not likely to remember your altered credit by then. If credits are ever wrong though, all you have to do is let me know and Iā€™ll try to get it all fixed up.

4. Speaking of names, please continue to submit resources as outlined here. If the linked post/thread is deleted, the formatting details have been backed up and will be posted elsewhere when such a time is needed.

5. As far as the ā€œadditional content contestsā€ like CCC goes, I will not be adding those to the repo unless their resulting resources are submitted directly to the repo submissions thread. This is because Iā€™ll be the sole operator for this backup, and Iā€™m not going to scour the forums for resources to add to it, regardless of if theyā€™re made specifically for the repo/F2E/F2U or not. Please submit them to the repo submissions thread.

6. If the thread is ever removed, Iā€™ll create a new one for this backup so submissions can continue, and it will resume the same division of submission and discussion threads.

Iā€™ll post a link to the backup repo once itā€™s all set up just in case youā€™d ever like viewing access to it for any reason prior to it being used publicly. It likely wonā€™t be for another day or two, but rest assured that Iā€™ll be doing my backups as I said, from tomorrow onwards.

And lastly, Iā€™d like to answer the obvious question of ā€œwhy?ā€ As in, why Iā€™m doing this. Itā€™s because I firmly believe a resource like this is too big and too important to leave purely in the hands of people who may not even be allowed on the site(s) itā€™s pulling from. This resource is bigger than the personal beefs of those who maintain it and I want to make sure no one person or groupā€™s immaturity ruins it for everyone else. This repo should be a neutral resource meant for all of us to use and share.

Thank you all and have a pleasant day.

22 Likes

I agree

11 Likes

Just wanted to point out since you mentioned ā€œbad actorsā€, submitters can request their work to be withdrawn, and that is something a neutral maintainer should do even if there are people who do it purely out of spite.
I think itā€™s excessive to think that the people whoā€™ve been maintaining it despite the beef (which isnā€™t one-sided) would be the ones to take it down, not to mention theyā€™d know the futility of doing so considering itā€™s hosted on github better than most of us.
The only thing that happened was the link to the Discord being banned. Yes thereā€™s discussion of methods and side-effects, but I wonder how realistic this fear of retaliation is. Two people in those screenshots were banned, at some point weā€™ll have to see that villainizing doesnā€™t do much good for anyone.
In any case, those more prone to conspiracies specifically will definitely appreciate the redundancy youā€™re offering, so good on you for stepping up to doing it. I genuinely recommend reaching out to the maintainers for github-related advice, but I can understand why youā€™d rather not contact either side if neutrality is the pitch youā€™re going with to avoid association conspiracies.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point. I intended to keep to a similar rule but I didnā€™t clarify it anywhere, so Iā€™ll do that now.

Much like the official repo, if at any point anyone would like their resources removed from either of the repos Iā€™m maintaining, all you have to do is let me know. Removing resources at the request of their submitters and removing links if any more are found are the only changes that will be made to the ā€œold repoā€ Iā€™ve set up. Additions are purely for the new one.

5 Likes

in the event that it is weaponized or whatever and subsequently removed from FEU

This will not happen, it would be utterly stupid even for them to take the entire thing down over some online squabbling. The intention of the repo was always to provide resources to any and all FE aficionados.

That being said; if you want this backup repo to be truly neutral, then it probably should have absolutely no links whatsoever to any discord or forum or anything.

11 Likes

if the link to the disc on the git hub is removed wouldnā€™t the current repo be neutral so to speak?

As BBHood said, regardless of what happens to the Repo discord the actual repo will continue as normal and will not be affected by whatever online squabble may happen maybe except certain links. However; having a backup repository just in case is never a bad thing to have. I encourage it honestly.

12 Likes

Aye. On GitHub, anyone can copy the repository. That was the idea behind it. It is and will be for everyone.

11 Likes

I donā€™t foresee anything changing because it would require straight-up spiteful art theft to be any different/worse from now and I would think that regardless of how you view the maintainers, theyā€™re not that stupid

6-20-onward does not link to anything currently and I have no plans to include any links to anything.

As far as Iā€™m aware the only links remaining in the Old-Repo are to tutorials and information, hosted on this forum, about the repo. For now those will be left as is, but may be removed later. If they are removed later, important information will be rewritten and hosted solely within 6-20-onward, without linking anywhere (including to FEU).

Would you mind writing in order what specific swords each of these icons are? I could guess some of them but Iā€™d rather have the names right for sure.

1 Like

Done chief, also for the other icons

1 Like

Currently not allowed in FEUcord for another 3 months at least, maybe 6 months (or even a year) if LoLo isnā€™t for me, but anyway, I didnā€™t wanna make a new thread and this seems like the best place to make this note:

Recently people have been opening commissions for splices, and while this hasnā€™t happened yet, there is the potential people will be using other usersā€™ F2E assets in these commissions. Given that commissions are of a commercial nature, it might be prudent to figure out how the site rules on that.

2 Likes

You shouldnā€™t pay for something that is essentially free already, in my humble opinion.

1 Like

I didnā€™t ger the reference bedore (bc i donā€™t played MH) but now itā€™s the pixel art versiĆ³n of a MH carĆ”cter, now i need the mercenary with the great sword