FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Yes. Everything here is F2U, but not always F2E. You should ask the artist for permission before editing/splicing, unless it explicitly says F2E.

That doesnā€™t answer my question. I want to use these in splicing but i need permission to do so

If you want to have a discussion, this is the thread for it. Iā€™ve told you before.

You did? I didnā€™t see, sorry

Itā€™s fine, I just would rather it have to declutter the entire thread again.

To answer your question everything in the repository is at least free to use. As these are AI portraits they are by default free to edit as per the rules regarding them.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to get in contact with N246? I didnā€™t know about the F2E rule and edited his animations without asking for permission. I can bring down the post if necessary.

Animations by default are assumed to be f2e in the repo. There are specific cases where that isnā€™t the case though iirc, you can always message the user here to ask permission to be safe

Question, If i were to submit them to the repo, if i could at all, how would i name the portraits to distinguish that they were AI generated?

Iā€™m split ok that tbh.
My current idea is to just replace the author with ā€œAI-generatedā€ as nobody really can claim any ownership over it (this is also the legal consensus from what Iā€™ve read)

Iā€™d recommend that every AI submission that has been substantially modified be uploaded twice: once in the edited form and once in its original form. The original will be credited, like you suggested, to the AI, but the edited form I think should give credit to the editor, with maybe an addendum like ā€œ[AI]ā€ at the end to indicate itā€™s an AI edit.

Iā€™m not much of a creator, so i donā€™t think my opinion would mean much, but I do think they should be allowed to some capacity. I certainly donā€™t want the repo to be flooded with tons and tons of AI art due to the ease at which they can be produced and I understand and agree with the argument around authorship.

In my case, I created(?) portraits of characters from a game i liked for fun and to share if anyone wanted them. Some of them i did heavily edit (providing before and afterā€™s) and put 6-8 hours into most of them, so having my name on something I edited(?) would be nice, but its not the end of the world.

I just want to share them, so if the author was {AI-Generated}, then i donā€™t think that would hurt. They would certainly need their own category though. I do think they are worth separating from portraits that were either spliced or created from scratch

1 Like

Basically what I gleaned from my research, for someone to claim something as ā€œtheir workā€ it needs ā€œenough human inputā€.

Itā€™s very vague but itā€™s on purpose as everything art-related is very subjective.

So, for example, you may remember that one chimp that took a photo of themselves? Their caretaker tried to copyright the photo, but they were denied on the basis of them not providing enough input and the chimpā€¦ Well it ainā€™t no human.

The same is true with AI art recently. Pure generations are impossible to copyright claim.

But you brought up a good point - if you edited the AI generation very much, you should indeed be credited. Tbh, if you just used the AI portrait as an outline, the AI generation part may be omitted altogether as itā€™s no different than just tracing over a picture.

Iā€™ll think about it more tomorrow.

3 Likes

In my opinion (for whatever that is worth) editing an AI creation and taking credit for it is no different than taking a FE GBA portrait, altering it and taking credit for it. There needs to be enough work done to alter it for it to be considered an original piece of artwork. The AI is doing the same thing behind the scenes, scraping the web for art assets, altering them and taking credit for them.

1 Like

It is not how AI models operate but this is not a place to discuss informatics.

1 Like

Nice, have been waiting the female versionā€™s lance & bow animation get completed!

Updated.

For AI mugs, I decided to just slap [AI] tag on them.

4 Likes

Will this [AI] tag replace the {Author} tag or will it be in addition to it?

Yeah, no. Unless we get to a point that no human input is needed.

These animations are absolutely incredible thank you for scripting them!

2 Likes

@Pushwall Are you planning on scripting all of Leoā€™s other animations? 'Cuz I was going to eventually start some of them but you beat me to the punch. I could still help with a few if you want.