FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

i don’t wanna rush you guys or anything but any news on battle animations? it’s been quite a long time since last update

2 Likes

In fact, @Jj09 a longtime repo contributor has been smashing through battle anims. If you’re not in the repo discord, you won’t be able to see the Github Updates channel that shows all the updates he’s made recently.

Join Repocord if you want to get updates n stuff.

6 Likes

aaa cool cool

2 Likes

1st update on the battle and spell animations in the repo are finished. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I can have us all caught up.

7 Likes

JJ just added a shedload of animations. As for what he added, this is the best list I could come up with. Github doesn’t have a really easy way to visualize additions.

7 Likes

Eh its no fuss, although its nice to credit people correctly, but things take time to learn and get the hang of and we’re all only human and ultimately the purpose of submitting things to repository is for people to use them, after that people can buck wild with most things on there anyway.

It honestly its alot easier for the original aritsts to point out where things are incorrect or out of date. People just glancing at the repository aren’t always going to know immediately if something is wrong or out of date because its coverage of different medias, artists and origins is quite large.

That said here are at least things related to my own artwork I’ve picked up. I’m in no hurry for these to get fixed, but thought you guys would like to know.

Miscredits;

Missing submissions;
CCC 10 submission
FE7 - Brave Erik
FE Erik
+Erik Halfbody
FE Erik Half Body

Repository Submission
Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga - Diana
Symphony of War - Diana (Garytop)

You guys are doing an amazing job though, keep up the good work :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks.

So I saw that this version of the bael rider is credited to me, but I don’t think it’s right to credit me on this version. Zoramine Fae’s and my original bael rider are basically completely different in terms of movements and frames so i think the primary credit here should go to Fae

4 Likes

But seriously tho, since you created the orginal animation and Zoramine improved upon what you have, some credit have to go to you. But I can change it so Zora’s name appears first.

But I won’t be able to change until I get home. And also Zora said to credit you lol.

6 Likes

that works for me, and i appreciate the sentiment haha, just didn’t feel right to be the displayed credit there ya know

2 Likes

Just so we’re clear…

This animation is by you, DATon?

This animation is by Zoramine?

Edit: I made executive changes to how the new monster classes are named/formatted.

Before, these were, as an example…
[Wolf-Variant] [M] Berserker Wolf Rider by Zoramine

I removed the ‘Wolf’ part of Wolf Rider, as this is already evidenced by it being a Wolf-Variant. No need to repeat a word.

In the Cavalier folder, I also did this.

If this is incorrect, lmk.

the base idea is the same, I did start making the bael rider first but Fae decided to make her own version of it, so the displayed credit on github should be on Fae for the silver cav yea

Before posting the animation, DAT sent it to me and allowed me to make my own edits to the animation before posting. It was primarily meant to be a repalette to make paletting it not an absolute nightmare, but turned into ‘restoring the original Bael’s movements’ on top of that. Crediting him on top of me for my version would be correct, as it was his original animation I worked on top of. (Although I’d honestly rather it remain without my crediting, but I know that won’t end well.)

edit: THE HOUNDS ARE IN THE REPO LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

i don’t feel right in getting first credit, but if it floats your boat i’ll concede, I’m leaving it up to you

2 Likes

So I finally finished catching up on all the battle and spell animations. If there is something missing or anything not credited right, don’t be afraid to let me know on this topic or in the public discord.

3 Likes

The repo is still using my old Long Hair General. I had a new, updated one and was hoping it could replace the old one. Fire Emblem Resource Repository (Battle Animations, Portraits, Music, etc) - #4379 by RiriK

I didn’t want to say anything cause I thought you were busy but just want to let you know.

2 Likes

Oh! I didn’t know there was an updated one. I didn’t add the newer one cause I saw the old one there. I can have that fixed by the end of today.

Edit: The new one got added btw.

2 Likes

@Dark
the civilians you posted are @MageKnight404 's

I am editing your post, check your sources in the future (and check permissions, he never made them public to begin with, but is fine with them being so)

2 Likes

@TytheBub, I am unironically, unquestionably, and without a shread of doubt, In love with you

8 Likes

Wait, you’re saying MK404 made those? Because what Dark posted was an edit of the sprites Dellhonne posted. And I remember adding/crediting those to Dellhonne despite my misgivings because I wasn’t sure he even made them.

Which also means the ones currently in the Repo should probably be credited to MK404. It also makes anything else Dellhonne submitted look very suspect.

2 Likes