FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I honestly like the way that animation looks. I can totally see it getting used for a specific nation with weird uniforms or something.

Di molto. Though it looks like it needs to the “get back to position” part, but it’s looks great.

Yeah, it’s just the attack for now, that’s all I have done.

If the critical animation involves a shield bash mixed with a bullrush, I’ll be a very happy Klok.

That is one beautiful looking soldier…
Loving the detail on the boots and helmet.

If no one make it, I’ll try.

I know there is a still of a female pirate floating around. I actually have it on my computer right now. I can post it when i get the chance.
pirate
Only one frame available but i formatted it for ya.

You should’ve made the last line:

No need to bear any longer, hibearnate with this beauty!

(also, is there a map sprite?)

2 Likes

shit, I forgot about that

EDIT: Making map sprites aren’t my specialty

1 Like

St
St
I made a new still for a Seraph Knight based on Flasuban’s improved Falco Knight, Sword is coming soon, and I am working on this and Female Dark Druid as well. Of course, I am still trying to find ways to differentiate it more from the Falco, and make it more akin to the Radiant Dawn Seraph Knight.

8 Likes

Repalette the armor so it isn’t the metal color, and replace it with the cloth color. The pegasus armor looks a little barren but it seems you’re working on that. I also suggest adding a third cloth color and replace the dark brown outline color.

1 Like

By changing the armor to the cloth color you mean the knight’s armor? Also what do you suggest for the Pegasus garb to look less barren, and what kind of color would you prefer to replace the brown color with?

St
Added the sword still, and I also recolored the armor that I believe flasuban requested. Still working of course.

1 Like

If I’m understanding flasuban correctly, I think they’re saying to replace the brown pseudo-outline with the regular outline color (freeing up a shade) and then use the extra shade to uncouple the lightest cloth color from the wing shades (since they’re currently shared right now); this way, people will be able to customize the cloth and the mount without interfering with each other.

I don’t know how I feel about having the armor share colors with the cloth though, since that’s only going to limit how it can be customized. Then again, there isn’t a whole lot of room for options since it’ll have to be tied to something… I suppose you could make three/four different versions, one each where the armor is either tied to the hair colors, the cloth colors, or the mount colors (or mane color) so that the person can pick their poison as to what’s shared. (Or you could tie the hair and cloth colors together and have the armor separate, etc.)

As for making it look less barren, I’d take a look at the armored Wyvern Lord since it’s got some more intricate detailing on the armor - might give you some inspiration as to what to try. Would also suggest maybe tweaking the face shading so that she doesn’t look so tan? I know there’s not too many options with having limited palette colors to do it, but even just changing how much white is there would help (rough tweak):

2 Likes

gotcha, but what is the regular outline color?

what is the regular outline color, but also the brown color is in the many places such as the mane and the yellow line shade on the cloth, also there’s not much armor the Pegasus, so I’m not sure where it should be more detailed.

Red arrow is pointing to the brown color flasuban is talking about (RGB: 64, 48, 32).

The black arrow is pointing to the regular outline color (presently RGB: 24, 24, 32, though most GBAFE sprites use (RGB: 40, 40, 40) instead - all of my sprite rips of the Falcoknight use the (24, 24, 32) shade though, but I’m not sure why).

The falcoknight uses a darker outline shade for some reason.

What I was saying was to replace that color with a third armor color so there’s more armor color variety.

Hold on, it looks like you did that already. There’s already three armor colors. Then I suggest using that color for a skin color, currently the skin color uses the lightest pegasus shade. Looking at my original falcoknight, I see that you only used two hair colors, while I used three. You should have an extra color lying around.

Last time I checked, the hair color stayed the exact same, so there was no third color in the hair. The main trouble is that the Pegasus ends up sharing colors with the rider anyways, so I am not sure how to fix this.

What I’m doing is replacing the darkest pegasus shade so it’s separate from the armor. The skin and pegasus seem to already be separate, don’t worry about that. I’ll also add some trims to add a more T3 aesthetic.