FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

There is a limit on how many unique standing sprites can be on the map at once. A 32x32 takes up twice as much space towards that limit as a 32x16 and four times as much as a 16x16. The limit’s generous enough that you usually won’t hit it with only 16x16 or 32x16 sprites (though, you do still have to be careful of it if you give enemy generics mixed genders with unique sprites), but overuse of 32x32 sprites runs a very real risk of hitting the limit. The vanilla monster sprites are notorious for causing these issues, as many of them use 32x32 sprites when it’s only barely necessary and most could be made to fit in 32x16 or even 16x16 with minimal changes (looking at you, Phantom). Going past the limit causes visual glitches where sprites or parts of sprites replace each other.

4 Likes

Thank you both so much for the response (i dunno how to quote them properly)

Is it possible to do a map sprite that is only wider, not taller? a 16x32?

1 Like

Quote is easy Just long press and select how much you wana quote then quote option pops up press it and say what you want under it

There is a tutorial on how to use cetain commands but this was not included (i think correct me if i am wrong)

Not in GBAFE as it currently stands, unfortunately, hence why things like vanilla Phantom are 32x32 (three pixels on the edge of its axe clips to 17 wide for one single frame, it’s barely noticeable at all but it makes the otherwise-smallest sprite in the game take up the same memory space as the massive Demon King lmao)

Thank you so much for this​:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but im trying to download things off the repository and i keep getting an error server failure or wrong url, any idea how to fix this?

Ya your comment was redirected here, now this is the right place to talk about your problem related to repo
I am just speculating but If the orginal poster updated the sprite or animation and send a new one while del the old that might be the cause many links get updated further down and tweaked so its common

What are you using to download? Just your browser? The Gitzip extension Or Github desktop?

But like what if they kissed :man_shrugging:t5:

5 Likes

I think on the legault one, there seems to be an issue with the dodge animation where the hair briefly flashes red for a moment, may wanna fix that?

Edit: Now that I look at it, the hair color is messed up, still a good animation! just needs to be tweaked a tiny bit.

I’m almost certain that is just what the vanilla Legault animations look like without his palette applied. [for some reason even character specific animations in gba have both generic and unit specific palettes.]

3 Likes

reminder: this is the topic for comments and concerns

Very new to this website’s functions still. No clue how to quote or do something like QRT on twitter and leave the thought.

Scroll up i showed how to quote its off topic so might remov later

I am making a hackrom, and in this there is a nomadic troop character, the issue is that the character has his head uncovered in his portrait, and I would like him not to have his head covered in his animation. If you know any animation please reply to this.

PS: sorry for my bad english

Look here just credit the creators

Any chance you’d do the full loop of the preparations theme?

Now, I know the FE12 preps theme is already on the repo. But it’s missing the 2nd half of the loop.

I have some free time, so I’ll gladly will. Even I could put here the original battle themes from FE1 that aren’t in FE11.

3 Likes

Hey any chance someone would be willing to make a map sprite for a crossbowman and the Mechanist :innocent:?

Man, I can even feel the damage that this pistol’s critical shot can do! A nice work :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes