FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

speaking of the stuff alice is talkin about, i’d like to request that the class cards and map sprites and one animation credited under “yikes” have that credit either changed to “Max Limit” or removed entirely.
here’s a list of what you may need to fix:
5 class cards (F!Wyvern Rider helmless bow, M!Wyvern Lord bow with and without helm, F!Wyvern Lord helmless axe, “Dragon Dark”)
1 map sprite (F!Wyvern Knight axe)
The staff animation on Pale Flower Nino
that should be it iirc

Fixed!

1 Like

Um, sorry, but the jingle bells weren’t an error. They’re supposed to be there instead of a bass drum

Oh, really?
I thought it was a mistake because the original song didn’t have bells in it.

Haha, yeah, they aren’t in the original. I just added them in because I thought it would fit with the atmosphere :slight_smile: But the drumfix version is fine too if somebody wants to use a version of the track that’s closer to the original one

1 Like

…on top of this, please remove my name from the “Vanilla FEGBA Tilesets {Zoramine},” and please completely remove the “[Archer-Variant] [F] Fate - Euryale by ZoramineFae.” For the former, I just added them into a folder, and didn’t do anything to ‘add’ to. For the latter, it’s just super outdated and I regret placing it in there.

2 Likes

I understand your frustrations, but you need to work on your tone as it’s needlessly aggressive. No one forced you to do this either, so while I appreciate what you’ve done, don’t turn it into a long-winded complaint.

9 Likes

Sorry bout that. I have a bad habit of doing that. I’ll tone it down.

6 Likes

so, i checked the repo once again out of curiosity, and i still found the same obsolete stuff hanging in there…
i’m making a formal request yet again to whoever is still managing the repo to remove these mugs for good. they’re old, they’re outdated, they’re bad and they really need to go:

_Could alt {Fenreir} Aerith (v2) {Fenreir} Cloud (FF7) {Fenreir} Cloud (KH) {Fenreir, CranJam} Zack {Fenreir} Sephiroth{Fenreir} Noctis (FF15) {Fenreir} _Terry {Fenreir}

all of those are under the portrait repository » non fe properties » final fantasy.
i literally posted all the updated versions along with new ones days ago, so please upload those instead.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if making a pull request would have more success. Have you tried that yet?

Yeah no I didn’t feel it was aggressive.

Anyway, regarding the updates… I am sorry I didn’t update the portrait repo recently. I had a lot on my mind and in general a profound lack of will to do absolutely anything. I try to ensure quality and at least add frames when not provided so it takes longer than just throwing the new submissions in a correct folder and clicking update.
I’ll try to push myself into doing all of the backlog after the Pasche.

3 Likes

This was unnecessary as you aren’t the moderation staff.

3 Likes

Are any of these f2e?

Anybody correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure everything submitted here to this thread is Free 2 Use.

Yes. Everything here is F2U, but not always F2E. You should ask the artist for permission before editing/splicing, unless it explicitly says F2E.

That doesn’t answer my question. I want to use these in splicing but i need permission to do so

If you want to have a discussion, this is the thread for it. I’ve told you before.

You did? I didn’t see, sorry

It’s fine, I just would rather it have to declutter the entire thread again.

To answer your question everything in the repository is at least free to use. As these are AI portraits they are by default free to edit as per the rules regarding them.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to get in contact with N246? I didn’t know about the F2E rule and edited his animations without asking for permission. I can bring down the post if necessary.