FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Well, these are my first animations, I did some errors. If you have recommendations for fixing them I want to read them.

The best textbook is an existing, working animation.
With FEBuilderGBA, you can export the animation and learn how to write it.

It is also useful to create state saves to test the animations you have created.
Prepare data to check for double attacks, evasive motions, critical motions, etc.
I often use the final stage of Kaitou that I created myself for testing.
The reason why a vanilla prologue is not good enough is that it takes a lot of time and effort to make sure these motions are correct.
It is important to make state saves with weapons that will always hit and weapons that will always be evaded.
In addition to melee, you should also have a magic sword to confirm ranged motions.
If you make that data, get the state save and save it, it will save you a lot of time and effort to check.

3 Likes

In fact that was I do, I copied the script the Sword master for do the animation of Kung Fu Monk

big question are there any fire emblem path of radiances portraits for fe8 anywhere ?

Yes there are, though it’s not a complete set. You can see them by browsing through the very repository you’re in the discussion thread of. Following the links in the repo’s opening post will put you where the assets are, and from there you can browse through Portait Repository → FE09-10 Mugs (Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn).

Please remember to credit the artists for any assets you make use of!

1 Like

A
Please use png format.

7 Likes

Apologies, I think it should be changed now :DD
I work at piskel so I usually just upload to a public URL to avoid save me some space as well heh

hey, guys, imma make a huge scratch game abt random characters and random stuff so if yall have anything I could use for it pls let me know:)

NOT TOHP LOL

Its helps quite a bit to read the original post.

4 Likes

what is this “reading” you speak of? sounds like fake news

2 Likes

Is there a battle animation fo Lyn using the Mulagir, like how Eliwood uses Durandal and Hector uses Armads?

Lyn’s legendary weapon in FE7 is the Sol Katti, which does have a uniqe animation like the other two have for theirs. Mulagir isn’t in the game at all even if she got to S rank bows, and there doesn’t appear to be a custom animation made for her using it in the repo.

So we’re stuck with the regular bow animation. I guess it’s fine, it’s very FE6 to just use normal animations for legendary weapons anyway.

2 Likes

I do not know why but this just gave me an idea for my to-do-list of animations

2 Likes

I can’t imagine what would be considered a “legendary” animation for Mulagir since it is a bow. Even FEHeroes she just kind of just shoot the bow. If it was something like Maltelt or another physical weapon maybe, but probably not Mulagir, unless she spins the bow or something. Or Make her horse fly across the sky like most Nomadic troopers (how do they do that. It’s crazy how powerful the Nomad’s horses’ legs are. They surely never skipped Horse-leg day.)

Hell, for me I just had the arrow animation be the magic animation for Excalibur since the legendary effect would just be the arrow and not the bow itself.
lyn bow

3 Likes

Well. If if there was a Lyn Mulagir animation, I think the bow would be bigger. Like WAY bigger. Armads and Durandal are already huge. And from Lyn’s brave FEH art, and from Engage trailers, we know Mulagir is huge too. So if someone were to make an animation like that, they should absolutely make it a BIG Bow. Kinda like the Sniper animations

1 Like

Ya’ll if I were to create a rough sketch on how I think how big mulagir is (basing on some references included) I think it would look somewhere like this:

btw ririk’s idea of the excalibur animation on the mulagir is a great one as well

4 Likes

Based on Feheroes and the Brave Lyns, Mulagir looks like a pretty larger than normal bow but not really that big either compared to Lyn. Although it would seem Lyn is kind of tall compared to the other females in the series.

Mulagir’s size seem to be from her head to her thighs in height and since an average longbow is about…6 feet or so, Mulagir to Lyn would be 2/3 her size (if Lyn is let’s say, about 5’7-5’10) then it would be about around 4-5 feet itself, which is still actually a pretty average size for a bow (most bows average around the 5 feet or so, but of course it varies).

I also doubt the bow is suppose to be heavy or too big since Hanon, the Sacaen Nomad hero, fights on horseback. This would mean a too large or too heavy bow would be something that might negatively affect the user, who is expected to be a nomad/nomadic trooper. This is also with the fact Mulagir is still only 2 range in game, means that it can’t be a “longbow” if we go by game mechnics (a little shaky reasoning I agree, but not there isn’t much to go by). I also expect it being the “bow of wind” that it is suppose to be swift as the wind, so it won’t be a surprise if it weighs really light to allow for speedy movements and quickdraws.

But who knows. I always thought the Scouring weapons were pretty cool and wish there were more special animations for them, especially Maltelt which doesn’t get brought up too often in the series.
Also pretty sure Durandel and Armads were so big because the users were definitely trying to compensate for something (Roland especially since his title was literally “Little Knight”, or at least what the Archsage calls him. Lol, Athos is pretty mean.)

unrelated but her boob looks really cozy in that chest guard

1 Like