FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

There’s Redbean’s Improved Miko

I don’t know many artists that create gif. But I can search for some and send to you, if you would like.

Hello everyone, I’m not entirely sure how this page works, but if someone is so nivel , please send me an animation for Maid in FE8, it would be very kind of you, I’ve been looking for it And I haven’t been able to find a Maid animation for Gba anywhere

Well. That animation doesn’t exist, so… that’s going to be a real barrier to obtaining your heart’s desire.

3 Likes

I understand thank you very much I will look for one that convinces me, perhaps one of a female war cleric

1 Like

For future reference, if you want to search animations, you need only read the instructions in the OP of the main post.

That’s all you need!

1 Like

@RyanTheBerserker
I already moved your other post; this is where discussions take place.

1 Like

Cool. I didn’t expect there to be a magical girl animation

1 Like

So, eh, very important question for the spriters here. A pretty controversial too.

So, um
Would you be fine if the backgrounds were unified to one, default colour? This doesn’t change to art at all as background is deleted in game anyway. And it would go a long way into making the repo look more unified.
(This is especially a question for @Garytop since you use a different shade of green as background on all your art).

2 Likes

I’m not fussed, I use that color because its easier on my eyes when spriting. So I’ll probably keep using that to work on it, but if you want another color when posted we can probably sort something out.

2 Likes

As long as the image has palette data, the background can be any color.
This is because the first color in the palette is the background color.
If it does not have palette data, this causes confusion.
It is not a good idea to only submit your created images to FEU, because FEU will corrupt the palette data of the submitted image.
It would be better to use a zip file or other uploader and write the link to it in the FEU.

The light green background may be changed to another color if there are many green and yellow colors in the data, because they will be mixed during data creation.
You don’t see green in the costumes of FE figures very often, but not always.
Sometimes green is used in magical animations other than people.

In the end, I think the problem can be solved if there is a zip file of the image with the palette data properly set up.

2 Likes

I wanted to do this for years, but good luck actually doing it without going insane. I did it for the class cards and nearly put a few rounds into my monitor halfway through. It’s infuriatingly tedious.

I ended up making five different mouse macros to expedite the process and that finally made it much more tolerable.

1 Like

I am aware of this. I just want to change it for the Repo pourposes, that is display.

I can change it myself no issue.

2 Likes

i don’t mind, but it would probably be better to keep the usual turquoise green for viewing purposes, since any other color would probably just make anyone’s eyes bleed out after browsing the repo for more than 10 minutes.
the traditional tone used in the ancient portrait maker should do the job( the one outside the boxes ):
demo 00a

most people use that anyway, and it never gave me issues.

3 Likes

I think it would be sort of easy to make a script that changed the background color in all the portraits in the repo. That sounds like a better solution than to try and do it manually for one’s sanity.

Unforchnantly, such a script would probably only work if the palette order is correct, and I know Usenti sometimes shuffles my palette orders.
It could also grab the colors from the unused corners, but some people use a different color than background color for that.

Edit: plus it’s probably fine as long as it’s not a neon color or a color that hurts readability like pure black or white

1 Like

I’m good with it. Sometimes the green palette in the BG changes and I don’t even notice. The color goes like: brbtbrbtrbbtr changing shades brtbrtbrtbrbtbrt

1 Like

There is now a python script added to the repository under Portrait Repository/Tools that converts all portraits in a given directory to have the specified green background. Will test it out a bit more, but will probably convert most of the portraits using it soon. It currently does the ‘ugly’ solution of picking the topleft pixel as the background color to replace. I might change that to a more robust version that also checks the frequency of that color.

7 Likes

@monk-han Since your Warrior animations aren’t scripted, I can’t add it to the repo. If you want, you could ask for some help around in getting it scripted I’m someone wouldn’t mind. Nice animation btw :ok_hand:

Maybe some people have noticed already, but all* portraits have had their background color unified to a common color. This makes it quite nice for the eyes to browse the portraits. In case anyone notices something off or wrong as a result, please notify me or someone else in the repo crew.

*all as in all portraits with frames and correct image size.

3 Likes