FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Just so we’re clear…

This animation is by you, DATon?

This animation is by Zoramine?

Edit: I made executive changes to how the new monster classes are named/formatted.

Before, these were, as an example…
[Wolf-Variant] [M] Berserker Wolf Rider by Zoramine

I removed the ‘Wolf’ part of Wolf Rider, as this is already evidenced by it being a Wolf-Variant. No need to repeat a word.

In the Cavalier folder, I also did this.

If this is incorrect, lmk.

the base idea is the same, I did start making the bael rider first but Fae decided to make her own version of it, so the displayed credit on github should be on Fae for the silver cav yea

Before posting the animation, DAT sent it to me and allowed me to make my own edits to the animation before posting. It was primarily meant to be a repalette to make paletting it not an absolute nightmare, but turned into ‘restoring the original Bael’s movements’ on top of that. Crediting him on top of me for my version would be correct, as it was his original animation I worked on top of. (Although I’d honestly rather it remain without my crediting, but I know that won’t end well.)

edit: THE HOUNDS ARE IN THE REPO LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

i don’t feel right in getting first credit, but if it floats your boat i’ll concede, I’m leaving it up to you

2 Likes

So I finally finished catching up on all the battle and spell animations. If there is something missing or anything not credited right, don’t be afraid to let me know on this topic or in the public discord.

3 Likes

The repo is still using my old Long Hair General. I had a new, updated one and was hoping it could replace the old one. Fire Emblem Resource Repository (Battle Animations, Portraits, Music, etc) - #4379 by RiriK

I didn’t want to say anything cause I thought you were busy but just want to let you know.

2 Likes

Oh! I didn’t know there was an updated one. I didn’t add the newer one cause I saw the old one there. I can have that fixed by the end of today.

Edit: The new one got added btw.

2 Likes

@Dark
the civilians you posted are @MageKnight404 's

I am editing your post, check your sources in the future (and check permissions, he never made them public to begin with, but is fine with them being so)

2 Likes

@TytheBub, I am unironically, unquestionably, and without a shread of doubt, In love with you

8 Likes

Wait, you’re saying MK404 made those? Because what Dark posted was an edit of the sprites Dellhonne posted. And I remember adding/crediting those to Dellhonne despite my misgivings because I wasn’t sure he even made them.

Which also means the ones currently in the Repo should probably be credited to MK404. It also makes anything else Dellhonne submitted look very suspect.

2 Likes

yeah it’s his, i recognized it immediately and he confirmed it and has the raw files

5 Likes

No worries. Thank you for all your hardwork.

1 Like

I see the problem already was solved @dancer_A. Also thank @Klokinator for the clarification.
I’m very cautions with other author’s works and I even contacted MageKnight about some sprites he made, and he respectfully didn’t give permission to use them.
About the civilians, they were indeed credited to Dellhonne. So I only took the time to give the ‘’-move’’ animations. They had some resemblance with MK, but I believed it was a coincidence since I watched his hacks on YouTube in the good old days :v.

I updated the folder to DON’T include MageKnight’s sprites, since he stated that he DO NOT intend to share his work.
Since I cannot edit my post, @dancer_A, would you mind updating the ‘‘General Stuff + Primefusion tileset’’ with this link: General Stuff + Primefusion Tileset

And also deleting the sprites made by Mageknight? Since he didn’t give permission to use his sprites, I believe it’s somewhat disrespectful to keep those there, even if it was by mistake.

Also: Sorry if I’m to uhhh polite? or if I use some odd words to express myself, anyway.

5 Likes

He said it’s fine to be public, I said that earlier.

You can edit the post yourself now.

2 Likes

I’m currently trying to get the Portrait Repository updated, but the tool isn’t working right and now the readme looks like this:

Soooo yeah. Just bear with it, guys. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon.

3 Likes

So, second post in a row, but who cares? The Repo just got a pretty cool new update.

@milom has been working on a special rework of the Repo, specifically aimed at the previously sloppy, ramshackle, no-good, VERY disorganized Tilesets folders. Now, this update is not finished and is still very WIP, but I thought I’d talk about it.

I first talked about this last year with @LordGlenn and how I wanted to, potentially, unify the Tileset and Map folders together. The primary reason to do this would be so that maps would be more easily useable with the specific tilesets they were made for. However, there are other major benefits to a unification.

1. FE Map Creator could potentially be improved in big ways by having a larger pool of maps from which it can generate random maps.
  2. The same is also true of Lex Talionis, which @rainlash is still working on adding an improved map creator for.
  3. No more needing to spend an hour scouring all the badly organized tileset folders for the one tileset that works for the map you want to use. What good is a map repo if the maps inside aren’t linked to their tileset in any obvious way?

So, in any case, the new Tileset repo is already a lot better organized, but you can bet there will be even bigger changes coming as poor Milom sorts my awful mess. Big thanks to him, Jey, JJ09, Lobstorgi, and Raulster for all their contributions of late!

These guys are finally catching everyone up on the project I haven’t had time to properly update for like 7 months!

3 Likes

While looking for a generic soldier portrait with a minimug and finding one made by LaurentLacroix, I noticed an updated Honeydew portrait that I don’t think I’ve ever seen used. Everyone seems to prefer the original.

I dunno, I just find it funny.

2 Likes

Play Call of the Armor :wink:

2 Likes

Someone named ‘Rattlesalad’ just submitted a bunch of animations to the repository… no idea who they are.

They didn’t join the Discord to tell us they were submitting anything, and I think the animations are improperly formatted? I’m hesitant to add a bunch of animations out of nowhere when I wasn’t informed ahead of time the update was coming.

So… if ‘Rattlesalad’ is on FEU, maybe drop by the discord and tell the team what’s up?

2 Likes

General question; is there any sort of vetting process in terms of quality in regards to what gets added to this?
Or is it just added as long as it’s formatted correctly with credits.