FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I’m confused… Not sure if it is true or a joke :v.

1 Like

Awesome Work Men???

2 Likes

Haha welp. I totally missed that, since I’m only really on here sporadically and usually because I have some specific business here. This is kinda the first I’ve heard of Dellhonne, in all honesty.

Also since I can’t reply to multiple people at once, @Dark it does seem to be an April Fools joke, yes.

1 Like

Yikes

1 Like

Yeah, I’m… not big on this sort of April Fools joke, myself, but I think it would be best to avoid making a big discussion of it in this thread.

My post was really just taking the L on not having the familiarity with the referenced community member to recognize immediately that it was a joke.

Bless you good sir, that magic anim was so halfassed but someone finally did something actually cool with it

1 Like

Are submissions for the music repo still being taken? If so, is the process for submitting tunes the same as before? Thanks all.

2 Likes

I’m making a big change to the music repo in lieu of the new website being made by @copywright

Simply put, submit a .s file, and a .ogg preview of your music. I will be converting all previews for songs presently in the music repo to .ogg, and I will also be moving the .s files out of the ‘Graphics Repo’ into a separate Music Repo which will be managed separately, but still uploaded to the website.

I’ll have more to say about this when the site is ready. Just remember.

.s file
.ogg preview file
Name them the same thing except for their file type.

As for how to name the files, just do something like this.

I’m going to change EVERY instance of someone’s name in (Credits) to {Credits} but otherwise this is correct.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Do you need previews of everything, or will submissions get rejected? I can submit .s files pretty easily.

2 Likes

I’m not going to reject just a .s file but man it would sure be swell if you included .ogg previews, too.

You can use this tool…

https://github.com/Klokinator/FE-Repo/blob/main/Music%20Repository/readme.md

https://github.com/Klokinator/FE-Repo/tree/main/Music%20Repository

To create preview files in .wav or .mp3. Then just use a tool to convert the files to .ogg. It’s actually very simple… I just have to use it at some point to convert several thousand previewless files to .ogg so it’s going to be a very long, slow, and tedious task.

The rewards will be worth it, though.

UPDATE:

Sme ended up… solving the entire music repo. Yeah. Every single song has a preview now, except Tambo’s FE7 songs folder. But that’s only 15 out of 1000 files so I’m OK with that!

I’ll have more to say about this once I have stuff actually reformatted and fixed!

3 Likes

I just pushed a large update for the Repo.

This does include new content; Primarily Dark’s Advance Wars animations. However, it’s mostly focused on organization for the repo’s new website and backend.

I’ll have more to say when the big super-update is ready. This is just a preliminary update, nothing more.

5 Likes

this may be a dumb question but where’s the music repo now?

1 Like

Right here! I need to link it inside the Repo and a few other places.

When the website drops, the music repo will be on there along with the other repos.

3 Likes

nice! It looks to be better organized than previously too!

2 Likes

@Fenriel
Are these maps even insretable?

they’re literally fe8 maps with different backgrounds and tints applied

what dancer_A said.
i simply edited the general palette of the basic tiles, played around with the buildings structure, added sky backgrounds, and that’s pretty much it.
these should be insertable in theory, since i did not go over 16 colors for each single tile.
same goes for map sizes, since i tried to stay within maximum pixel limits.
as i’m not into rom hacking, i guess you can always try them out and see if they work.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO absolutely love Sheena; Might even be useful for future projects…

2 Likes

Sheena by BuskHusker (Black Armor)

Gave her colors more fitting her b2 self; Personally never liked the pink armor, unfitting for her seriousness imo… But don’t take that for me saying the original is bad, I am infinitely grateful that a Sheena portrait exists at all, let alone a fantastic one like this.

12 Likes

I’m not 100% sure if this is the right place to mention this, but this is technically discussion so…

I went to download Direct Play S and found this. I thought I’d bring it to your attention.
2022-05-10_23-02

6 Likes