FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

But I meant. They are from FE Road To Ruin.

1 Like

If they aren’t in the repo, it’s because Prime or whoever made them didn’t explicitly make them free to use or submit them here.

2 Likes

Hm. Then I will make my own supply boxes :v.

3 Likes

There should be a crate map sprite and map icon by LaurentLacroix in the repo. If not, check their thread.

1 Like

in the future refrain from just posting something that isn’t explicitly free to use, it’s going to cause a lot of confusion (which is why I removed the content from your post).

1 Like

Any explanation what these are?

There are icons for the affiliations, weapons, and other items.

I’m aware of what the icons represent. But there’s no credit listed for any of them, there’s no telling what I should label each one, so I’ll have to save and rename each one individually, etc…

2 Likes

That seems to be a problem.

I just saw this animation in a youtube channel. Do anybody know where is this master piece come from?

1 Like

Looking good. Can’t wait for someone to have a mounted bard (Sonneteer) in one of their ROM hacks.

1 Like

I think this is the old version of Brave Hector, made by @Nuramon. If Nuramon still here, please confirm it.
The guy who made this video, I think he is thief by using many other guy animation without giving credit.

3 Likes

That was originally a still made by @Jeorge_Reds but that person animated it. They didn’t give credit but they also didn’t distributed the animation. Matter of fact, Jeorge commented on the video saying give proper credit, but obviously, no response.

4 Likes

BOXES

2 Likes

Maybe I’m dumb but I cannot understand people that won’t let people use assets they made for their hacks, even after they were released… I really can’t understand the mentality.

Thanks for sharing the boxes, I’m sure I’d make good use of them :wink:

11 Likes

If the assets are unique to that hack, the hack stands out more from its contemporaries.

4 Likes

There are some people who doesn’t want anyone to easily criticize them based on how it was made and then use for other projects.

That’s one of their insecurities and being uncomfortable around their surroundings and fear of backlash. Just speaking with my possible theory and certain creators who made books and shows in real life.

3 Likes

because they don’t want to; it’s entirely up to them :U

10 Likes

To keep hack’s uniqueness, I guess. But I bet almost no one want to keep their stuff locked forever. They just forget about it sometimes, like this cool boxes for examples.
At least a “Not Free to Use but Free to Edit 1 or 5 years after release” rule (to a point it would look different enough) would save a lot of forgotten assets from oblivion. The actual rule is outdated, but oh well.

5 Likes

Now that I think about it, that person has uploaded a couple of animations to youtube that is actually in the repo: Ashnard, the True Blade v.1 and v.2.

Im not for sure who if they made the originals because they do seem to take sprites or atleast make splices from other animations.

1 Like