FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

To keep hack’s uniqueness, I guess. But I bet almost no one want to keep their stuff locked forever. They just forget about it sometimes, like this cool boxes for examples.
At least a “Not Free to Use but Free to Edit 1 or 5 years after release” rule (to a point it would look different enough) would save a lot of forgotten assets from oblivion. The actual rule is outdated, but oh well.

5 Likes

Now that I think about it, that person has uploaded a couple of animations to youtube that is actually in the repo: Ashnard, the True Blade v.1 and v.2.

Im not for sure who if they made the originals because they do seem to take sprites or atleast make splices from other animations.

1 Like

I have a question, there is a Dragon Rider map animation.

1 Like

To keep the project unique. No one want their OC and the original asset to be reused by some other people, that may ruined everything about that OC and the original asset. That happened is real life culture too. If you want to reuse what other people make, you have to paid money to rent it. In the fandom, paying sound not a good idea since all of the assets original from Nintendo. So instead of asking people paying money to use the OC asset, the creator just simple locked them as NF2U

5 Likes

What you said is true.

I guess it is Gianism.
This is the way of thinking of Gian in Doraemon.
In other words, “What’s mine is mine, and what’s yours is mine”.
The idea of using other people’s things but never sharing one’s own things is very similar to Gianism.

Sharing data does not reduce its value, so I think it’s better to publish the data as much as possible and use it as a shared resource.
I think it’s better to share rather than monopolize.

12 Likes

I disagree with this. The same portrait you’ve seen numerous times before will have less impact than one you haven’t seen yet.

1 Like

I think it’s an illusion.
I think it’s worth less than you think it is.

You are arguing that it makes sense to watch it for the first time.
It’s the same argument as “does streaming a game on youtube make the game less valuable?”

We don’t have an answer for this yet, but opinions are split.
Some manufacturers ban streams because they think it reduces value.
Conversely, some manufacturers think otherwise and encourage streams.

For example, even if a play has the same story, its value is created by who performs it.
There are times when a past masterpiece is remade and re-performed.
This is a slightly different kind of value than the value of seeing the story for the first time.
Because we know the ending of the story; we know how it ends.
Still, I think the reason why remakes are commercially viable is because the value is not in what we see for the first time, but in who plays it and how they play it.

In the age of social games, images of game characters are now available on various websites with the manufacturer’s logo.
Even so, players still turn the gacha.
If they just want to see the image, they can see it as much as they want just by searching the Internet.
I think it’s because for them, the value is not in seeing the image of the character, but in owning it in their deck.

These are values other than “seeing it for the first time”.

Looking at these examples, I wonder if “seeing things for the first time” is such an important value.
If this is the case, I think it would be more beneficial to share the data with everyone and make things better.

I think this is a difficult area because of the difference in values.

13 Likes

Just because other values exist does not mean “new” is any less important.

If you’re about to see the same play you’ve seen six times before, will it still carry the same impact it did as the first time you’ve seen it?

1 Like

Guys, this is a thread for submitting animations and resources. Let’s not clutter it with a philosophical debate about free to use vs non-F2U resources. We’ve had that debate several times on FEU. Make another thread if you want to rehash it again.

Also, you keep posting resources with questionable usage rights. Please remember to ask permission and not assume intent on the part of submitters.

5 Likes

Are those… Cannons and Airships?

Oh yeah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Jt0hPgYZM

@7743 Those images are brutal, there was already a hot air balloon, and there is a late model Zeppelin with a cannon, I just have to say that this cannon looks like Advance Wars Days of Ruins anti-tanks, I like that.

This looks soooo good! Finally some recognition for Pascal! It always bothered me how he look like Bauker from the chapter where Lyn joins.

1 Like

Thanks! I wanted to incorporate the fact that he was imprisoned for a long time and made him look malnutritioned and with unkept beard.

4 Likes

The Airship is a huge ship that appears as the Imperial Warship in FF2 and the Invincible in FF3.
For some reason, FF2 and FF3 have not been released in Europe and the United States, and FF4 was released as FF2, so it’s a bit annoying.

In Kaitou, it appears as the last target to steal in the Omote stage.
The Magic ship Bruce-Partington is a super weapon developed by the Roston nation in the play.
It does not use liquid fuel like gasoline, but magical energy to levitate.
The magician supplies the magical energy to the magic engine, which has the property that it can keep levitating as long as the mage’s mental power is available.
The player needs to gather a lot of mages, charge the engine with magical energy, and steal this ship to levitate.
Unlike the Dragon and Pegasus, this ship has the ability to fly to another continent.
It also has space for many soldiers, making it a new weapon that will change the form of air warfare that relied on dragons and pegasus.
It is such an amazing weapon, but it is stolen by the player.

If you’re a Sherlockian, you’ve probably heard the name Bruce-Partington before.
In Sherlock Holmes, written by Conan Doyle, it appears as the Bruce-Partington submarine.
In Sherlock, produced by the BBC a few years ago, it appears as the Bruce-Partington missile defense system.
Both refer to the latest weapons of the era.
Before World War I, submarines were a superweapon that changed tactics.
And in modern times, nuclear weapons and missile defense systems are the corresponding weapons.
In the FE world, a giant airship would be a strategy-changing weapon.
In both cases, any Bruce-Partington will be stolen by the enemy, and this magic airship will also be stolen by the player, the thief.

Cannon is a big cannon in MetalMax.
It appears in MetalMax as a powerful enemy in the early game.

In Kaitou, it appears in loop 3 of the Ura stage as an anti-aircraft gun called Magic Cannon that destroys the city.
This one also works by charging magical energy and releasing it all at once.
However, like the early cannons of the late Middle Ages, this weapon is very heavy, cannot move, and cannot fire continuously.
And the aim is not fixed.
Enemies fire these cannons at the city the player are defending.

Early cannons could only fire a few rounds a day because the barrels needed to be oiled and cooled.
The Urbain cannon used during the fall of Constantinople is a famous example.

Immediately before, the player is notified of the hit position, and the player must evacuate the unit from that range.
(If they are not moved, they will be caught in the explosion, forcing them to HP1.)

Artillery shells are launched at each enemy turn, destroying more and more of the city and its walls.
I think this is an unusual presentation, since FE doesn’t have many weapons that destroy the map.
When a building collapses, it becomes a ruin tile and you can move on it, making it difficult to stop the enemy.

After 10 turns or so of destroying the city, the energy will run out of control and the cannons will break and self-destruct.
You can attack and defeat them before that happens, or on the other hand, you can go on the defensive.

10 Likes

Thank you for the facts. I have learn some new things that I haven’t heard of before.

That Map Sprite for the Hunter Class looks good and swift.

Holy Cow! You decided to share the animations you made in your Dark Lord and the Maiden of Light. I’m enjoying your ROM Hack so far and loved the animations of the Three Lords: Orion, Avatar, and Arjun. Everyone in the FE Community would be so happy to use it and make improvements for both Map and Battle Sprites as long they credited your name without stealing with no permission.

3 Likes

Looks better than before. Always appreciate the work you do.