FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Real bandits wear turtlenecks.

4 Likes

Another big change to the Battle Animation Repo.

NO MORE CLASS CARD SECTION!

Well, more specifically, I moved all of the class cards out of the Class Card folder in the root repo and put them inside the new Class-type sections.

[AAA] CLASS CARDS FOR THIS CATEGORY
This is what you want. Go here and you’ll find any available class cards for that section. I went over them pretty carefully.

The FE8 Lords folder does not have any class cards. If you want a generic lord though, I put all of those in the FE6-7 Lords folder instead.

This means you no longer have to deal with the HUUUUUGE class card folder with 400 files in it. Things are a bit more manageable.

What’s that? You want to know if Map Sprites will get the same treatment?

Yup. In time.

I haven’t added all of the missing Class Cards yet, just keep in mind. I have a folder of CC’s to import to Lex Talionis for my Super LT project. Once I import them, I’ll add them to the repo with the rest.

Proof:

The same is true of map sprites. I have a bunch I need to import into LT, but I just haven’t had time yet.

I need to not only import map sprites though, I also need to overhaul the map sprite repo. Expect more on that front in the future. It’s not as much work as what I did with the Battle Animation Repo, but it is a lot.

Oh, and I have a backlog of battle animations to add to the repo, too. These are just the ones I postponed while upgrading the repo. They can now be added when my volunteers all figure out how github works.

7 Likes

Did you think I was done? You were wrong.

NO MORE MAP SPRITE SECTION!

Well, more specifically, I moved all of the map sprites out of the Map Sprite folder in the root repo and put them inside the new Class-type sections.

[AAA] MAP SPRITES FOR THIS CATEGORY
All map sprites are in these folders, now.

Well, sort of. There is another folder in the root-level Battle Animation folder…

ZZZ - RANDOM MAP SPRITES +APDATA
If you are a romhacker, all APData can be found here. Additionally, a whole bunch of random villagers, sleeping/dead units, Crossover map sprites from games like Advance Wars, etc… you can find all that in this random folder. I’ll sort some of them out to better places for later.

So, yeah! This actually only took me 5 hours of hard work, as opposed to 50. Thank god for Bulk Rename Utility. This tool is a godsend.

Now that I have overhauled the repo fully, I can get to work adding my backlog of unadded stuff.

Oh, and the big update post is coming. I’ll address lots of stuff then.

5 Likes

This project is amazing. Thank you for your hard work and to everyone else that contributed as well!

3 Likes

I always thought that hat on the summoner was a wierd haircut

Ah yes, Batta the Beast, Batta the Generic, and Batta the BLOODY.

2 Likes

11 Likes

this is dope

IDK honestly where to post it. Maybe there’s a ‘other crap’ folder on the repo.

Some time ago I’ve made this enormous map of post-war Elibe.

10 Likes

A minor but important repo update.

Several people have been unable to properly clone the repo because of file lengths. I have chopped more than 40 characters off the longest folders/files, so instead of some files reaching 240 characters, now the longest on my hard drive sits at a comfortable 180. Windows’ file system limits are 260 characters before you have big issues, so this should be fine as long as you don’t install the repo in a filepath like:

C:/Users/Desktop/Super Awesome Hacking Stuff/Tools/Utilities/Fire-Emblem-Graphics-Repository

Instead, install it somewhere more reasonable, like so:

C:/Users/Documents/Github/FE Repo

This should prevent all those errors people were getting, like so.

3 Likes

Thank you Klok for your hard work.

3 Likes

Nice - love the European inspiration.

1 Like

What European inspiration? Elibe had always been know to have a landmass east of it…

This is amazing!

Alright, guys. I have finally posted the big update post!

Now you can finally know in exhaustive detail what I’ve fixed, changed, or modified. It’s only 6,000 words long!

3 Likes

Can I present it as my master’s thesis?

Heh, I’ve written support conversations longer than that!
/s

3 Likes

I’ve just added the first batch of brand new content into the Battle Animation Repo. More than 60 new map sprites, and a couple dozen class cards as well, including @ZoramineFae’s badass Berserker map sprite variants. Staffzerker, Swordzerker, etc. They’re all in the repo now!

Don’t forget, you can always join the Repo Discord to get updates I make to the repo! Now that the Repo has been overhauled, expect only 1-2 big updates per day rather than 20 small ones. These next updates will also primarily focus on adding new content rather than renaming, reshuffling and so on.

So, just curious, what moving animation should this go with? I tried with several F!Mage map sprites; couldn’t find one that it worked well with of everything in the Repo.

3 Likes

Hmm, i dont think i ever made one.

If i ever get the motivation i’ll do it myself but for now either put it in alone or just leave it out

1 Like