FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

warrior getting some love lets go

It should be ok now.

1 Like

What does a ‘vanilla-style stance’ entail? @JeyTheCount

The axe is in the front while standing, in exact the same position as vanilla Warrior.

It is now perfect, in my eyes atleast.
Wait, it needs a spear animation. I always thought a warrior with a spear would be cool.

1 Like

Ok so @JeyTheCount and @Sax-Marine Please tell me if you think these are correct names, or if you think the folders might be superfluous, or if they’re missing anything important.

Tellius Warrior Original (Sax Marine)

Tellius Warrior Updated (Magic Animation) - It seems this is just a straight improvement of the previous one? Sax, can you confirm there’s any reason to include the previous one? Does this one functionally replace it?

Jey then released this one, where it mimics the vanilla Warrior’s pose… Therefore,
Warrior 2.0 (Tellius-Style)
https://feuniverse.us/t/ultimate-graphics-repository-battle-animations-portraits-map-sprites-class-cards-maps-tilesets-etc/3326/2945

And then an update to that one, I think?
Warrior 2.0 (Tellius-Style, Horned Helmet)

The Warrior 2.0 Tellius Style one does not have the horned helmet, which I like. However, it also doesn’t have a bow, either. I’m thinking of merging it with Sax’s second post, so that animation would have the vanilla Warrior’s pose, the updated pose, and a bow. Then, Jey’s Warrior 2.0 with its horns would be its own folder, leaving us with only two folders in finality…

Tellius Warrior Hornless (Ft. Magic Animation by Sax, and the Vanilla Warrior Pose by Jey)

Tellius Warrior 2.0 (Ft. Horns on the head and a vanilla-warrior pose.)

Eh? Sound good to everyone?

3 Likes

I’d say split the horned version (Warrior 2.0) from not-horned version (Warrior - Tellius Style). The different axe positions are just that - variants and can be in one folder (as Axe v1, Axe v2, etc.) - we already have stuff like this in the repo.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what I said, so, we should be good then.

Look at this now!

14 Likes

How to tell the number of colors in an image?
Usenti is being weird and online websites are telling me i have 10000+ colors in this image :<
naginata-usenti
Thank you for your time :>

4 Likes

Use gimp or other program like that and do something like that:

• select a color
  • mark it down
  • fil lthe entire selection with the bacground color so that not to count it two time
  • at the end, add one to the result for the backgroud color.

That’s what I was going to do, but I hoped there was a program that could do it automatically :x
Thanks for your help :>

Try photoshop:
First, change your image to RBG color mode then click “ctrl+shift+alt+s”. The number of colors can be found on the right side.

6 Likes

If you’re a paint dot net lad you can use the fill bucket tool, change flood mode to global, reduce tolerance to 0% and disable anti-aliasing then count up as you replace each colour with the same new one until everything’s the same colour, then undo all your filling

1 Like

Colorcube analysis in GIMP tells you how many unique colors are in the image. I don’t remember where it is, but GIMP also has a function search you can use to find it.

1 Like

I didn’t expect this much help :>
Thank you, y’all! I’m using gimp, so this is definitely helpful :>

What I usually do to curb the color is to change the colours from RGB to indexed 16-bit and GIMP will automatically merge similiar colour until there’s only 16 left.

(it’s image -> mode -> indexed)
(change the maximal number of colours to 16)

2 Likes

Now that I’m at my computer I can actually tell you specifically where the function I mentioned is, assuming you’re using GIMP 2.10 or newer (not sure what the current version is).

Colors dropdown menu -> Info -> Colorcube analysis
It’ll say right in the window in plain old english, “number of unique colors.”

If for some reason the feature has been moved somewhere else, you can use the help dropdown menu and select “search and run a command.” Just type in colorcube analysis and then double click it in the results list.

1 Like

I have a question. There’s an animation in the repository that looks like something I’d like to use. However, I would like to make edits to it for it to better suit what I want to use it for. I don’t want to just be stealing the work of whoever made it, so what’s the proper thing to do here?

Is it fine to make the edits as long as I credit them, seeing as it’s from the repository? Should I ask the original creator for permission Is there something else I’m not thinking of? I don’t want to accidentally steal someone’s work, or make changes to work someone doesn’t want changed.

98% of animations in the repository are F2E. All the rest are F2U. The only ones that ‘aren’t’ F2E are maybe BwdYeti’s animations because he’s a special snowflake tradition, maybe. Idk. He’s really touchy about people editing his stuff.

For literally any other animation, feel free to edit and release it. Make sure to credit the original artist(s) and people, point out the original animation you edited, etc. Just do that and you won’t have problems.

It’s portraits where things get way murkier… just assume those are F2U unless labeled F2E. You can also check the thread for artist credits, or check the artist’s page, or message the artist if you’re not sure. Always give credit if you edit someone else’s work. That alone will engender you a lot of goodwill.

Don’t be an Evius. Don’t be a Chrobin. Just give credit when editing/using things, and most people will offer a gentle correction if you err.

You did great! Thanks for the submission and welcome to the community.

4 Likes